Gaming not bothering with games again because you're stuck

davislim

Trophies
Website
davis91lim.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
Senegal
mayb u all try this method....after u downloaded a game....ask ur parents/siblings(or someone u can trust) to tak the amount of money u hav = to the price of the game in store ...asking them to only giv bak after u played at least 90% of the game.

ur brain will force you to play as you yourself wanted the money bak....dl more game...u 'pay' more money.....

You want money??? COMPLETE IT!!!

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with having too many games, is you always start one, only to lose track of it a few days later by starting another. For me I have isolated my games to Square/Enix, and Nintendo games ONLY. (and Castlevania OOE for obvious reasons) The only way you are really going to enjoy your games is by concentrating on like 3-4 at a time max. Perhaps one from each genre?

As a game collector who buys all the latest crap when it comes out, its easy to get lost. Especially on the DS, which has a mind-boggling amount of grade A titles.
wacko.gif
Good luck!

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
the only DS game that i kind of gave up before finishing is Dementium. if i remember correctly i am on chapter 6 right after i got the chainsaw. i don't know, it just started to feel repetitive. and a lot of the environment looks exactly the same, which doesn't help. plus with limited ammo and re-spawning enemies i feel like i need to run past them more than killing them all. probably with all those things combined it just started to feel more like a chore than fun.

i dunno, maybe i'll turn on the cheats one weekend and finish it or something. =\

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
y'alls should read the excellent column on Escapist Magazine on this very topic. It puts our dilemma into a somewhat wider perspective, thus easing the guilt and self-hate some of you seem to experience..
wink.gif

And yes, I barely ever finish any of the games I play. Never have, probably never will. I just play them as long as I enjoy them. And there's a whole range of reasons why I might stop enjoying them. I sometimes come back later - even years later - to finish a game that has peaked my interest again. I don't think it matters whether or not a game is pirated. I've played thru pirated games and I've prematurely quit playing games that I had bought.

JumpMan3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I miss the days where i was able to REplay a game more then once. Now in days games come out too fast, and sometimes finishing them can feel like more like work then fun.
hate2.gif

I find that completing the games I already have, and waiting for the hype to die down before buying new ones works for me.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i do this with legit games and backups if i find a section way too hard to complete i will just give up on the game and won't bother with it at all.

it happened to me recently when playing boulder dash rocks on the DS i attempted to do a level only for me to continuously run out of time, so i gave up on it, maybe in the future i will play again.

also i really hate when games don't let you save when you want to save, you have to do something and you cannot turn off the ds or Wii or ps3 due to loosing a lot of progress and you cannot save at all, i really hate that so that's puts me off playing a game aswell, games that force you to play for long periods without letting you save your progress.

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
I suffer from the pirate complex as well. I have loads of games on my 8GB card, and sometimes if I have 10 minutes to play a game, sometimes half that time is looking through the various game folders for something to play. I need to re educate myself and try and just concentrate on one game at a time.

Better not get that 16GB Micro SD card yet as that will just make things worse LOL

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I am the same.

Just 5 minutes ago I was wondering when will a new DS game come out that will awake my interest (And I mean, REAL interest). The only few games in the past that were able to attract my interest (and time) and which I have completed are FFIV, Chrono Trigger (already completed on the SNES, so it was fast), TWEWY and Soma Bringer. Those and NSMB (which I played on my way back home from school on the bus). Other few games were Luminous Arc I & II and Disgaea, but I never "totally" finished them, just the normal ending...

I find myself always wandering on the internet looking for new games for the DS that could attract my attention and now I'm waiting for the Patch for Ragnarok Online (played 2 hours in jap before giving up >.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Morgawr said:
I am the same.

I find myself always wandering on the internet looking for new games for the DS that could attract my attention and now I'm waiting for the Patch for Ragnarok Online (played 2 hours in jap before giving up >.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
tinymonkeyt said:
yeah its happened to me a couple of times
i think its a side effect of the Pirate Syndrome.

^
I second this thought.

I'm quite guilty of it myself.
+1 to all of the above.
when i had my r4 a few years ago i was 90% done with revenant wings then the usb corrupted the data on my 2gb card. now im forcing myself to finish luminous arc 2

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
hmm
i played a real copy of fire emblem (both) on my sp(b4 it broke) and when ever someone died i just didnt play it for a while. sigh

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pirate Syndrome FTW. This is why I like to keep at least one console that I pay for games on. DS has loads of games that would bubble just under the radar if I bought them, so it's perfect for pirating.
PC and Wii just get the occasional hit though, so I tend to pay for them.

I complete pretty much all my PC games, but interestingly I've got bored of a lot of my Wii games and stopped playing them. And of course, I suffer from Pirate Syndrome for the DS just like a lot of other people here. Particularly DQIV and FFIV stand out right now, but maybe I'm just going off JRPGs, there are too many these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @yeager1239 read thru here and if not answered, create a thread and ask...