Hacking Not sure if I should downgrade...

ectowii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on downgrading a Wii purchased this year but I'm not sure if I should at this point.

System version- 3.3U
Serial No.- LU627.....

I was able to install BootMii using BannerBomb but could only install as an IOS. Since this Wii has a newer boot1 how can I tell if it also has boot2v4? Will I be able to safely downgrade it to 3.2 without a brick?
blink.gif

Thanks for your help everybody!

ectowii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have BootMii (boot2) and after I upgraded to 4.0 I received a ton of system corrupt messages. I downgraded back to 3.2 and have had no problems since.

Since this Wii does not have that option of reverting to an NAND backup I would prefer 3.2 for now.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How do you update to sysmenu 4.0?

You use prealoder?

You use other sysmenu hacks?

Is there an modified IOS for the sysmenu?

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tanis698 said:
why downgrade? 4.0 has everything that you can do on 3.2.Qft.

ectowii said:
I have BootMii (boot2) and after I upgraded to 4.0 I received a ton of system corrupt messages. I downgraded back to 3.2 and have had no problems since.

Since this Wii does not have that option of reverting to an NAND backup I would prefer 3.2 for now.I'll merely point out that if your Wii goes corrupt after you follow the guide, it's purely user error. Try again-- this time make sure you read and follow every step exactly. 3.2 is useless. 4.x has everything that 3.2 does. Plus it comes with better features/fixes from Nintendo.

chrisf said:
you should never downgrade. theres no reason to. unless you are building a wall out of bricked wiis
Qft again. Downgrading some of the newer Wiis will cause a full brick. Since your HackMii installer wouldn't let you install as boot2, I'm surprised you didn't brick your Wii already by doing something as silly as downgrading without asking. (These are the kind of questions I'd like to see rather than "Will this work on my Wii?")

QUOTE(HiBit @ Aug 14 2009, 01:08 PM)
How do you update to sysmenu 4.0?

You use prealoder?

You use other sysmenu hacks?

Is there an modified IOS for the sysmenu?
Why would you want to install SM 4.0 and not 4.1? If you're going through the trouble, get 4.1-- It's in the guide (Also has 4.0 if you're still feeling like it). You will also need newer preloader hacks for the SM, of course (also in the guide). Did you look at the guide at all? =\

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HiBit said:
Deviyl said:
why would you want to install SM 4.0 and not 4.1?
Please read my posting again.

I didn't say he should install sysmenu 4.0!

I ask ^^(see above).
I know. I read and fully understood your post. You are asking how to install 4.0. I am now, in return, asking you why you would want to install 4.0 and not 4.1. Read my post again.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
?

Deviyl, pls, i ask HOW(in german it's "wie") ectowii update to 4.0 and not why and also i didn't suggest to update to sysmenu 4.0.

I didn't say he should update to 4.0, i ask only HOW ectowii update because he have a problem with sysmenu 4.0 and i think if he use a tool like **** it could be the problem.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HiBit said:
?

Deviyl, pls, i ask HOW(in german it's "wie") ectowii update to 4.0 and not why and also i didn't suggest to update to sysmenu 4.0.

I didn't say he should update to 4.0, i ask only HOW ectowii update because he have a problem with sysmenu 4.0.
Well honestly, I have no idea what you're asking. I've told you HOW. And I've also ASKED WHY you would want to update to 4.0 and not 4.1. From here on, if you still don't see, or I still haven't answered you, then your English isn't working right.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
HiBit said:
?

I didn't say he should update to 4.0, i ask only HOW ectowii update because he have a problem with sysmenu 4.0.
Then it should be
how DID you update to 4.0?

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
HiBit said:
?

Then it should be
how DID you update to 4.0?

Oh. The added did makes a lot more sense. =)

To the OP, after you answer this question, you should go back to the guide and follow it. It works. So if you didn't get it to work, you may have missed a step somewhere.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, SORRY, my english is very bad.

My translation software say it was right, but ...
wink.gif

AGAIN > SORRY!
icon_knud.gif

ectowii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HiBit:

I used waninkoko's 4.1 updater on my Wii. Perhaps I should have used the official Nintendo method...

The consensus seems to be don't bother downgrading to 3.2 and instead go straight to 4.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: And vaping