Homebrew Not64 Update

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There is currently no interest to do this, if you want to use a Wireless Controller, just use the Wii Classic Controller Pro.
Today I have a day off so, i intend to work thru the Wii64 Compatibility List
testing all the games marked in red, I think at least half of these will be Playable now.
why is there no interest? its an official nintendo controller that can be added very easily to anyone that added a classic controller its just id replacements and such of course you need to know where all the controller stuff is on the program so its much harder for anyone that isnt the actual coder to implement it since they have to go dig around and find everything.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I have a day off so, i intend to work thru the Wii64 Compatibility List
testing all the games marked in red, I think at least half of these will be Playable now.

There are probably games not on the list that are playable.
Posts 598 and 644 in this thread give us about the most info on compatibility.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I downloaded and installed the latest version of Not64, and now there are black borders on the right and left side of my tv screen. This wasn't on the old version. Is there a way to fix this?

SinkyChan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For me, I can choose 4:3, 16:9 and Force 16:9. Force 16:9 just makes it 4:3, and well.. obviously 4:3 is 4:3, 16:9 (not forced) is the only way to eliminate it (for me).

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really love this emulator works great for a lot of games but I wish it worked better for DK64 so I could do multiplayer on it hopefully that can get fixed soon. Also really want Monstertruck Madness, kirby 64, and PKMN Stadium 2 to get the bugs worked out. Anyways keep up the great work. Hopefully in the future we can be able to change out the video plugin to use glide or some of the others that worked better with these games.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just tryed afew games and they work great thank alot for this update.
played goldeneyfully on not64 amazing game even after so manny years.

i will be waiting for shadows of the empire and rogue squadron fixes :P same for castlevania wich only runs very slowly on intrepreter, but amazing work and if you ever have some wish adding lib to support wiiu pro would also be nice, but yeah for the first time im playing banjo goldeneye and it works great.

manic.blood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Im slowly testing all the N64 USA Romset.
All from A-Z only on B and gotta go to work....
I can confirm All Star Baseball 99 works but slight graphics issues.
Army Man 1 and 2 works no cutscenes on 1 tho.
Banjo Tooie - FULLY WORKS.
Turn FB off then near end of 1st cutscene when witch logo
appears turn FB on.

Keep adding to Wii64 Compatibility list. We want lots of green no red:)

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Hey, I downloaded and installed the latest version of Not64, and now there are black borders on the right and left side of my tv screen. This wasn't on the old version. Is there a way to fix this?
Can I recommend that you don't try to "fix" something which isn't broken? N64 games were made at a time when 4:3 TV screens were by far the most common kind people had in their homes. Your modern widescreen TV is wider than an old TV, so the ideal way to deal with the difference is to have the picture fill a 4:3 area and leave the rest blank. The picture isn't supposed to fill up a whole widescreen TV, so if you insist on stretching the picture, you're just making it display wrong.

For most games, the best thing you can do is have Not64's Video settings on "4:3" and the same thing on your TV. This displays games the way they were intended.

If, for whatever reason, your TV can't do 4:3, the next-best thing is the "Force 16:9" setting. This inserts the black bars, which cuts into your picture's resolution somewhat in exchange for displaying in the correct ratio.

The "16:9" setting in Not64 kind of barely does anything. The display of the games isn't changed, just the Not64 menu. There's not much reason to use this option, except ...

A very small handful of N64 games had widescreen support built in (check their in-game options menus). From memory, there's GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, The World Is Not Enough, Banjo-Tooie (not Kazooie). I think Starshot: Space Circus Fever, too, but that game suuuuuuuuuuucks. (Sorry, that game.)

Jet Force Gemini gets an honorable mention. On the N64, It supported a letterboxed widescreen mode (displaying in a 4:3 area but with black bars on the top/bottom), but the way this was implemented isn't supported by Wii/Not64, so enabling it actually gives you proper anamorphic widescreen. Bonus. (EDIT: I think the same is true for Mickey's Speedway USA. I never tried it on hardware, but the widescreen seems to work the same as Jet Force Gemini--and these two games were by the same internal teams at Rare.)

If you're playing one of this small handful of games, you want either the 4:3 or 16:9 settings in Not64, with your TV set to widescreen, too. You absolutely don't want "Force 16:9" on Not64 or your TV set to 4:3, which is displaying the games wrong but in the opposite direction to the above.

Reactions: sj33

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Can I recommend that you don't try to "fix" something which isn't broken? N64 games were made at a time when 4:3 TV screens were by far the most common kind people had in their homes. Your modern widescreen TV is wider than an old TV, so the ideal way to deal with the difference is to have the picture fill a 4:3 area and leave the rest blank. The picture isn't supposed to fill up a whole widescreen TV, so if you insist on stretching the picture, you're just making it display wrong.

For most games, the best thing you can do is have Not64's Video settings on "4:3" and the same thing on your TV. This displays games the way they were intended.

If, for whatever reason, your TV can't do 4:3, the next-best thing is the "Force 16:9" setting. This inserts the black bars, which cuts into your picture's resolution somewhat in exchange for displaying in the correct ratio.

The "16:9" setting in Not64 kind of barely does anything. The display of the games isn't changed, just the Not64 menu. There's not much reason to use this option, except ...

A very small handful of N64 games had widescreen support built in (check their in-game options menus). From memory, there's GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, The World Is Not Enough, Banjo-Tooie (not Kazooie). I think Starshot: Space Circus Fever, too, but that game suuuuuuuuuuucks. (Sorry, that game.)

Jet Force Gemini gets an honorable mention. On the N64, It supported a letterboxed widescreen mode (displaying in a 4:3 area but with black bars on the top/bottom), but the way this was implemented isn't supported by Wii/Not64, so enabling it actually gives you proper anamorphic widescreen. Bonus. (EDIT: I think the same is true for Mickey's Speedway USA. I never tried it on hardware, but the widescreen seems to work the same as Jet Force Gemini--and these two games were by the same internal teams at Rare.)

If you're playing one of this small handful of games, you want either the 4:3 or 16:9 settings in Not64, with your TV set to widescreen, too. You absolutely don't want "Force 16:9" on Not64 or your TV set to 4:3, which is displaying the games wrong but in the opposite direction to the above.

I have the contrary problem, games doesn't display in proper 4:3, even when I set that AR, I'm on Wii U btw.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I think I've read that the Wii U has no ability to run natively in 4:3 at all, so in that case you'd want to use "Force 16:9", which inserts the black bars. I don't have a Wii U to try that on, though, so I'll just cross my fingers for you.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i tryed that and i frooze when i was walking i didnt even paused lol
Same here.
If you do switch cores while any of the two Castlevania games are in standby, when you change from interpreter to dynamic, sometimes the game simply freezes when you perform such a simple action like jumping.

It happened to me with both Castlevania and LoD.

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys!
I only found out about this emulator now.
I already downloaded it and later will install it on my wii.
Can we play n64 roms on an usb HD using this emulator, or must we place it in a specific folder?
Does it support .zip files?

Thank you and sorry my bad english

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!
I only found out about this emulator now.
I already downloaded it and later will install it on my wii.
Can we play n64 roms on an usb HD using this emulator, or must we place it in a specific folder?
Does it support .zip files?

Thank you and sorry my bad english

It does support zip files. Not sure about the rest of your question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw