XP
Country
Canada
joda said:
As people seems to have missed the point with this link:
drmr said:
http://bootmii.org/donate/
Read the following:
QUOTEBootMii is the result of thousands of hours of research and development. It was fun to make, and we are happy to be able to contribute something useful to the community. It will always be downloadable free of charge from this site.

However, if you've used BootMii to fix a Wii that would otherwise have been dead, please consider donating to help us cover our costs. If you install BootMii on Wiis as part of a paid service (e.g. a console repair shop), please donate $5 per Wii.
In other words, the BootMii people are perfectly fine with you charging for installing it ...

ehhh can't you read the guy ask if it is safe to go on ask hack people wii at is school since bootmii is out , that meen using more then bootmii to un-brick an wii....

anyways should we just dont make topic like this one , it is not good at all for the scene of homebrew , an to people eye it is the same as selling backup game on the corner of the street !

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tha way I do it is the following:

I inform people that the used programs are freely available on the internet. And that they can do it themselves, if they want to take the time and learn how to do it. Some people won't bother to do it them selves and are happy with my services. Paying a small fee or doing it themselves is their choise.

Most of the time they are watching me installing the HBC (and from now on Bootmii). So they have a clear view of the 'scam' warning. And all of them are perfectly fine with it.

So inform people about their options and let them decide.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Over the internet I helped someone for a few hours to install bootmii/loaders/hbc etc. etc. and at the end of it he paypalled me £20 in thanks for my time and effort. Not because I'd sold him software, note; but in gratitude. I didn't even ask for it. Then I bought COD5 on the steam deal and completed it on hardened then again on veteran.

It was a good weekend.

Sazzles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
glenrothes-wii-man said:
i get paid in beer fordoing it far more enjoyable
smile.gif

you do realise you can buy beer with money?

billyrocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$20 bucks for service right.. SD card you supply on your own right....
smile.gif

but your doing it at school right.... im offer the install behind a Chinese buffet in the alley
smile.gif

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol i'm charging mates for my time installing brick protection and backup disc channel loading.

most of them are happy with it, plus theres nothing with cIOSCORP or preloader saying you cant make people pay for it lol.

besides that, why the hell would you just install bootmii? if they cant even do that themselves then what are the chances that they'll know how to install the homebrew channel to brick the wii in the first place?

you arent really giving them anything they need. you should really give them backup disc loading and brick protection on all available firmwares (excluding LU64 wiis)

thats what i do lol but without bootmii. i doubt people would be happy waiting like 20 seconds for their wii to boot up with no real benefit...

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo_Chick said:
Puma said:
You do realize charging them is illegal, and if one of them finds out about it, you can go to jail for quite a long time.

First of all hes doing exactly what softmii is doing, only hes doing it in person. (asking for a donation for crimes falls under the same laws as charging for them)
Only thing softmii does that he isn't is post 100% false information to make him self look stupid.

Second, what are you 12? You wouldn't go to jail for that, other than distributing the twilight hack (and banner bomb idk what license that comes with) he hasn't broken any laws.
Even if TT did press charges it would be in civil court, meaning no jail time.

Homebrew isn't illegal you fuckwad, its not even gray area, other than backup loaders, but they fall far twords the lighter side in the eyes in the law.

This is no one likes you and you will die alone.

First of all, SoftMii isn't requiring a donation, "Fuckwad"
Second, he is actually not asking for a donation, he is DEMANDING pay for what he is doing.
No, I am 15. I know quite a bit of the law. You underestimate me. Don't do that. Ever. And he is going to jail for selling freely available products. However, if he sold them an install guide or first gave them the pieces of the puzzle and he is charging them for labor, than its fine.
Homebrew IS illegal. It's not meant to happen for a reason. Why do you think programmers try so hard to prevent piracy, "fuckwad"?

Ok. I'll remember that.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
He's not demanding pay for the goods, he's demanding pay for the services.

It's just like sending your computer in to get it fixed when it has a virus. You could fix it yourself if you could be bothered to put the effort in, or if you had sufficient knowledge, but some people are lazy and dish out ridiculous sums of money for people to run smitfraudfix, avg and spybot, check the registry and change the startup files in msconfig. In the same way, people who dno't have the time or the intelligence, or knack with technology to be able to hack their wiis can go to this guy and get him to do it for them for a fee. He's being paid on his time and effort, NOT because of what he's doing. And did he ever condone piracy? He just installed homebrew. They may or may not use it for piracy, but that's not his problem, right?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Puma said:
Homebrew IS illegal. It's not meant to happen for a reason. Why do you think programmers try so hard to prevent piracy, "fuckwad"?
Homebrew is NOT illegal. It's not meant to happen because its not authorised and may harm your machine. Programmers try hard to stop illegal copes of their software being distibuted as this harms their pockets

Note:
Homebrew legal-----------makes application
Piracy illegal------------------copies application

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FRanatic said:
Tha way I do it is the following:

I inform people that the used programs are freely available on the internet. And that they can do it themselves, if they want to take the time and learn how to do it. Some people won't bother to do it them selves and are happy with my services. Paying a small fee or doing it themselves is their choise.

Most of the time they are watching me installing the HBC (and from now on Bootmii). So they have a clear view of the 'scam' warning. And all of them are perfectly fine with it.

So inform people about their options and let them decide.

Exactly
biggrin.gif

Tell 'em the tools and knowledge is out there, and they could do it themself for fark'all

But, if they can't be arsed and will pay YOU to do it, then that's ok in my book!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The guy holding the sign always cracked me up