nyko 5000 "power pak"

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got what I think is a defective one as it will not charge 2 different v1 Switches. It charged up ok, at least according to the LEDs on the back, but the power button does not turn on the Switch (as seen on YouTube) and the on-screen battery level/charging indicator never says the Switch is charging. I didn't examine the USB C connector under a microscope, but it appears clean and unbroken to the naked eye. Anyone ever fix one of these?

I'm about to send it back for a replacement, but that could take a while since I got it on Amazon and my post office delivers stuff only when they feel like it, often making no effort to fulfill delivery confirmation or bogus excuses about "Animal Interference" even though the box is at the end of the street far from anybody's dog.

Last edited by romanaOne,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got what I think is a defective one as it will not charge 2 different v1 Switches. It charged up ok, at least according to the LEDs on the back, but the power button does not turn on the Switch (as seen on YouTube) and the on-screen battery level/charging indicator never says the Switch is charging. I didn't examine the USB C connector under a microscope, but it appears clean and unbroken to the naked eye. Anyone ever fix one of these?

I'm about to send it back for a replacement, but that could take a while since I got it on Amazon and my post office delivers stuff only when they feel like it, often making no effort to fulfill delivery confirmation or bogus excuses about "Animal Interference" even though the box is at the end of the street far from anybody's dog.
Send it back and get your money back and get one the 2 officially licensed one for switch by anker

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can you get the Anker one? Did you mean the Antank, also currently unavailable? All I see are Chinese(?) knock-offs made by "Chinsion," whoever that is....

I'm not interested in a brick, but a battery case. And 5 Ah should be more than enough. I can't believe anybody would put up with the bulk and weight of the 10Ah Chinsion battery case; it must really need the 2 kickstands.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can you get the Anker one? Did you mean the Antank, also currently unavailable? All I see are Chinese(?) knock-offs made by "Chinsion," whoever that is....

I'm not interested in a brick, but a battery case. And 5 Ah should be more than enough. I can't believe anybody would put up with the bulk and weight of the 10Ah Chinsion battery case; it must really need the 2 kickstands.

He is talking about these

https://www.amazon.com/Delivery-Pow...t=&hvlocphy=9067609&hvtargid=pla-642996195826

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Send it back and get your money back and get one the 2 officially licensed one for switch by anker
don't advise that people waste money on overpriced shit. thats as bad as telling people to get the overpriced nintendo sds. inb4 "its optimized for switch and reliable" when the only difference is the Nintendo logo

Reactions: impeeza

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inb4 "its optimized for switch and reliable" when the only difference is the Nintendo logo
The funny thing there is even Sandisk tries to push that garbage. I had a 1TB SD card die on me one month after buying it. During my phone call to get it replaced under the 90-day manufacturer warranty, the rep actually read through a script that said to only use the "Nintendo branded" SD cards since they are "tested and optimized for Switch". My only reply was an SD card is an SD card I don't care about the logo just send me my replacement.

Reactions: deathblade200

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I saw N-branded 128GB uSD cards at WalMart. Stupid stuff. Anyway, the Amazon replacement came for the Nyko thing super fast. This one seems to work ok. I really like how it's attached to the Switch. Mine is a little bit broken--the original owner broke something when replacing the screen--and does not work with the dock so having a battery stuck to it is no big inconvenience. The "Chinsion" branded one looks better, but not $80 better. The Nyko 5Ah is about $20 and I can't see spending any more than that on an accessory, especially one that's probably been sitting around in a warehouse for 4-5 years.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I saw N-branded 128GB uSD cards at WalMart. Stupid stuff. Anyway, the Amazon replacement came for the Nyko thing super fast. This one seems to work ok. I really like how it's attached to the Switch. Mine is a little bit broken--the original owner broke something when replacing the screen--and does not work with the dock so having a battery stuck to it is no big inconvenience. The "Chinsion" branded one looks better, but not $80 better. The Nyko 5Ah is about $20 and I can't see spending any more than that on an accessory, especially one that's probably been sitting around in a warehouse for 4-5 years.
5000mAh to me personally is way to small especially when you figure out loss from conversion/heat/etc it makes its true capacity somewhere around 3500mAh if that. I personally get big batteries that also have power inverters then I never have to worry about the switch running out of battery as well as being able to overclock as much as I want without any worry. regardless I'd NEVER recommend somebody buy something that is clearly overpriced just because of its Logo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...