Homebrew Nyko Controllers+ HomeBrew?

Dravial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a search, last topic I found on this was almost 8 months old. Has there been any progress on getting the Nyko wiimote and nunchuk to work in usb-loader menu's or problematic games? Please let me know if I missed something and link me to the post, my appreciation in advance.

Dravial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had problems with the NYKO brand wand in games, nor the nunchuck, however in homebrew apps, chaos occurs - to the point that some homebrew, like cfg-usb-loader will NOT connect the wand, and god forbid you plug in the nunchuck, the whole thing crashes with a code dump. Oh well, here was hoping...

EDIT: Interesting thing is, I have an older NYKO wand, and it connects to homebrew apps PERFECTLY, while the newer ones I just bought a couple months ago do not connect to homebrew, but works fine in games. Be interested if anyone could explain why...

Dravial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZOMG

I am sorry, I have to say it again: ZOMG

Through my hunt for knowledge on another issue ( http://gbatemp.net/t278201-corrupt-sys-men...ng-toy-story-3) I came across the new cIOS r 21 modified by daveboal via suggestion by Lacius, called d2x. Long story short, using this cIOS MAKES NOT JUST THE NEW NYKO WAND OPERATE ON HOMEBREW APPS (like cfg) BUT EVEN THE NUNCHUK OF DEATH!!! (I nicknamed the nyko nunchuck this since plugging it in on cfg causes insta-crash and code dump).
So anyway, maybe some of you knew this, maybe not. I thought this was huge as now all four of my controllers now work instead of 2. Hopefully this will also solve some problems in game too such as the reported problems with Donkey Kong Country which I have also experienced. I will let you all know - but not now my wife is calling me to eat dinner. Cheers.

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every once in a blue moon I use Tantric's emulators to play Lethal Enforcers, Duck Hunt, etc. with one of these
If you can deal with the occasional sync issues, the general consensus is that this is the best way to play a light-gun game on Wii, and they do work with up to date libogc homebrew. Keep in mind that with the light-gun emulation you have to play with the cursor on screen. You can of course disable the cursor but your aim will always be off. The only thing these emulators need is a pointer configuration like with HOTD and a way to accommodate the games that make you shoot off screen to reload so that you could actually do that instead of using a button. That would be about as close to the real thing as it's going to get.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In games that REQUIRE Nunchuk it seems to never work, I have no idea why, Strikers is a good example.
In games that don't care what you use, it seems to work fine, I have no idea what's up with this. All first title games won't let me use them either. I regret trying to 'save' the then $15 on 2 of the Nyko Nunchuks, should have just went straight for the Nintendos, now I have to re-purchase them.

For some reason however my Classic Controllers (Nyko) work fine in any game.

In homebrew I've never got it to work, emulators seem to give it trouble too.

Dravial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not quite sure what either of you are going on about... All I can say is download the d2x versions of cIOS and give it a shot. Your controllers that did not work, or maybe even CRASHED your homebrew will now work. At least mine do, and I guess in the end thats all that matters
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4