Hacking On flashing a DS Lite

kogepan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yup n/p. i personally havent tried price matching a coupon before i dun see how it could work since it's not a advertise price, nonetheless i havent tried it doesnt mean it wouldnt work. As for hittin the 150 mark im gonna get a pack of gum hahah or a game hehehe

Jools

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyway, to get back to talking about our tools, what tape should I be using on my tool to make it insulated? Thanks everyone!

-Jools

Jools

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

JuLeZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright sorry for being complete noob on this. I'm getting a DS Lite on release date in the US. I've been a follower of this website even b4 it became this whole big when it was just a website with zip files. I came on here for my GBA stuff but never NDS.

To my question.... I've been so out of it and i cant quite grasp the concept of this flashing and hardware stuff for DS games so like you need a Flash card (stores the games) and a passkey (big honkey thing sticking out of the DS to trick the system with a real game) now... umm... why do you need to flash the ds? and if i'm wrong about anything can someone explain how it generally works now?

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can use a passkey solution (passkey w/real cart, passcard, datel max media launcher, etc.) in conjunction with a flash cart (G6, M3, supercard, etc.) to run homebrew, images, movie files and back-ups.

the passkey/passcard has code that forces the ds to look to the gba port to run the software from.

flashing your ds's bios with flashme, alters the existing factory installed firmware to eliminate the need of the passme/passcard portion of the above mentioned solutions and thus requiring only a flash cart in your gba slot to run things.

hope that clears things up for you.

REL1203

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I am wrong, but say someone get a DS Lite on release day, flashes it, and Brickes it... Couldnt they just then return it to said store, and either get a new one (if they have it) or atleast get in line for the next round of shipment?

JuLeZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you can use a passkey solution (passkey w/real cart, passcard, datel max media launcher, etc.) in conjunction with a flash cart (G6, M3, supercard, etc.) to run homebrew, images, movie files and back-ups.

the passkey/passcard has code that forces the ds to look to the gba port to run the software from.

flashing your ds's bios with flashme, alters the existing factory installed firmware to eliminate the need of the passme/passcard portion of the above mentioned solutions and thus requiring only a flash cart in your gba slot to run things.

hope that clears things up for you.

thx
smile.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hold up. That mirror has the old version 7 firmware (only 270KB) which does not support the DS Lite - ie. you will lose control of your brightness settings.

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get the US DSLite to "see" the Supercard & SuperPass! The power light is green &then red & both screens white out after the Warning Screen. I can use the same Supercard & SuperPass on the old DS & see the firware is the new v7. Any ideas!?

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mike,

You are AWESOME!

Mikey also just told me that I need at least a generation 2 passme device to use in the DS Lite. Any ideas on a GREAT one? I was partial to the original SuperCard SD because it worked GREAT! Any help is MUCH appreciated so I stop throwing money out da window!
bow.gif

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get the US DSLite to "see" the Supercard & SuperPass! The power light is green &then red & both screens white out after the Warning Screen. I can use the same Supercard & SuperPass on the old DS & see the firware is the new v7. Any ideas!?

--------------------

Just to make sure. you are using a superpass 2 and not the first one right?

chazmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having the SAME problem with the superpass 2.

Also, which flashme would you guys reccomend? The stealth or normal one?

------EDIT-------

I was having the SAME EXACT problem...and I figured out why. It's because you're using the DS version of the client. Go back to .62 and add flashme.ds . Works perfectly.

Good luck :-D

This isnt helpful at all since you have a supercard...but we now know that it sees it.

chazmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damnnit. It's the ds lite which isnt recognizing the super pass 2. My fat ds can see it....

All in seeing is the bootup and two white screens. I wonder what could be wrong?

kutis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
my guess is the superpass that went wrong... i use a friend's MML and M3 miniSD to flash my aus lite, and then i borrowed a supercard SD, the supercard works just fine...

blurrysarah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could be totally off course here, but - my superpass wouldn't work in my DS lite either at first, but that was because I normally did the entire on/off sram write without ever removing the superpass2 on my DS phat.
unsure.gif

On the DS phat I never needed to remove the whole superpass2, just take the original game cart out of the top of the superpass -> power on -> gba mode -> write sram -> power off -> stick game cart into the top of the superpass again. I did this in order to save the DS cartridge slot the stress of taking out that ill-fitting superpass.

When I got the DS lite, this procedure didn't work, the entire superpass2 had to be taken out. Of course, if you are already doing that.....then I have no idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I tried frozen pf changes for $5 not really worth it