Hacking One little thing you'll want to be careful of...

jhoff80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's a little tiny nut for the CMOS battery door that fell off on my Wii and now the door won't screw back in. However, after the ordeal of opening it, I'm too lazy to put it back, but I thought I'd warn everyone to be careful of it since I haven't seen it before.

instigator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, happened to me too. Couldn't get it back on, either. Ended up taping it down with clear tape. Ghetto but it work!

Perplexer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happened to my buddy, too. Once that nut drops (
laugh.gif
) then it's hard to get back on.

I had a slightly larger tapered screw, which bit into the plastic hole and kept the battery door in place.

jhoff80

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the inside of the Wii, where the little CMOS battery screws into, there is a small squarish nut. Without this nut attached, the CMOS battery has nothing to screw into and can pop right out. Mine came off without me even noticing. I saw the nut but had no idea where it came from until after I had put all the other screws back in.

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone post a picture of the location of that nut? coz i will mod my Wii next week therefore it will be helpful if i could see the location of that thing.

thanks a lot..

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the inside of the Wii, where the little CMOS battery screws into, there is a small squarish nut. Without this nut attached, the CMOS battery has nothing to screw into and can pop right out. Mine came off without me even noticing. I saw the nut but had no idea where it came from until after I had put all the other screws back in.

the exact same thing happened to me. I was like 'wtf? where did this come from?' didn't figure it out until I was putting everything back together. I just threw the nut away and used some tape.

WII20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same thing happend to me, and I didn't know where the nut came from until I screwed the wii back in place and the battery door wouldnt shut. I eneded up opening my Wii again and using a tweezer to put the nut back into place and the battery screwed ok after that. Also watch out not to accidently put the screw that you take out from under the batter cover in the hole the opposite of it. I did that and the screw wouldnt come off and it was holding that big metal casing inside the Wii, I was able to twist it and eventually break it off from the leg that was screwed (thank goodness the metal casing is bendable or else, I wouldnt have been able to acess the dvd drive).

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, with so many people having experienced this sort of thing, I think some pictures or a mini precaution guide would definitely be beneficial. Can't get the full picture of what's going on, unless we can see where the problem is at exactly, or where in the process should we be careful.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
i was not aware of this nut also. am i right in assuming if the nut is not secured properly or indeed u lost it that might explian the issues some people been having with wiiconnect 24 not working upon removal of the battery for modding. Specifically the forcast and news channel. mine wont update atm. so maybe the battery is not connecting inside or loose?

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't opened up my Wii yet, but is there a trick to stopping this nut falling out? Will it stay in place if you're careful, or should we tape it in place or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty