Opening Rosalina Menu freezes my games

possumeaterofficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been having an issue with Rosalina Menu for a few months where when I press the input to open it up, after I press B to exit it leaves and then my game freezes. Background music keeps going and Rosalina Menu will still open however the game simply stops working altogether... The strange thing is the menu will open immediately when I press the button input necessary, but any other inputs (like pressing the Home button or turning off the system) do work but take at most 10 seconds from what i've counted. Going to the home menu does nothing, as reopening the game does nothing and it stays frozen. Does anyone know if I can fix this? I'm currently on the final cutscene of a game I'm playing and don't want to lose any progress...

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Usually the SD card is the suspect for things like this. How big is your SD card? Does this happen with all games, or with one specific game?

I'm currently on the final cutscene of a game I'm playing and don't want to lose any progress...
If that is a concern, then you should be backing up your save data with Checkpoint.

possumeaterofficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Usually the SD card is the suspect for things like this. How big is your SD card? Does this happen with all games, or with one specific game?

If that is a concern, then you should be backing up your save data with Checkpoint.
yeah, good point. also, my sd card is 32GB so it's about the maximum size... as far as i remember it's only done this for one game (the 3ds remake of the ace attorney trilogy if that means anything). maybe this has something to do with it as i also suspected

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have this issue just with this one game, or with others too? Disable any cheats if you have any for this game..

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the SD card is at fault (and it's the most likely thing to spontaneously fail), then the standard procedure is to copy everything off the card (preferably with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier), format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and then copy everything back to the card if it passes the test. That is sometimes sufficient to solve problems on its own.

Tiro_Finale

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yeah, good point. also, my sd card is 32GB so it's about the maximum size... as far as i remember it's only done this for one game (the 3ds remake of the ace attorney trilogy if that means anything). maybe this has something to do with it as i also suspected
Hi did you find a solution? I opened Rosalina to screenshot AA trilogy too and it also froze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol