Hacking Original Games on a Modded console

StuMcBill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

My friend has a PAL launch day console, which has been chipped, however, we are unsure which chip has been installed. The system has never been connected to the internet, so still has original firmware, and the chip still has the original firmware.

My question is, can I lend him a copy of my Original PAL Super Mario Galaxy and he can play it on his modded console without bricking?

Thanks

Stu

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Yay, NO DON'T GIVE IT IT WILL BE BRICKED WHEN YOUR FRIEND WILL TOUCH A WII WITH THE DISC

If yours friends console is PAL and game is PAL why and how it would brick?

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes, but he will need to update the wii using mario galaxy and also update his chip, you can try the wiikey update (it wont do anything if its not a wiikey)

but he will not be able to play mario as it will error on startup if the chip is not up to date

and dont ever worry about pal games on a pal wii.

StuMcBill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Yay, NO DON'T GIVE IT IT WILL BE BRICKED WHEN YOUR FRIEND WILL TOUCH A WII WITH THE DISC

I remember that Super Mario Galaxy installed a system update to my Wii and I did not know if it would affect the chip that was in his system!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
tomqman said:
yes, but he will need to update the wii using mario galaxy and also update his chip, you can try the wiikey update (it wont do anything if its not a wiikey)

but he will not be able to play mario as it will error on startup if the chip is not up to date

hes going to use original games

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jan777 said:
tomqman said:

hes going to use original games

lol sorry got mixed up with brawl,

mario galaxy will work fine
smile.gif

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skawo96 said:

His referral to firmware makes me think that he's worried that updated firmware will kill it?

Solution: use copied game or update chip. Find the type of chip out by asking who installed it (or is there a chip OS like my GC's Viper?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou