Hacking Out of the scene for a while, couple of questions

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions, it has been a while since I was last here and wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything.

I am on a 4.2U Wii upgraded a while ago using a safe updater, I boot straight to Wiiflow 1.1 with Preloader 0.28.

I primarily use Hermes cIOS v4 (37merge38) to load all my games, I don't have any problems with the problem games RB2, NSMB, SSBB all work fine.
I also have cIOSr14 installed but don't really use it for launching games since everything was working fine.

My questions are, has anything significant happened in the last few months that would provide me with with additional features?

The one major thing i have missing is being able to use DLC (stored on the SD card and not have the problem where it fills up the NAND and doesnt get deleted) while loading from USB. I read this post which seems to imply that if I upgrade to cIOS rev19 base 37 I should be able to do it? or is this still an impossible dream?

Also how is the compatibility of rev16 + with DL games, etc?

Also (again) from reading I understand that using Sneek for emulated NAND doesn't play well with USB loading so trying to emulate the NAND for DLC with USB loading is out.

TIA

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
get latest wiiflow and latest priiloader. that version of preloader doesnt properly load hbc anymore.

Actually I think I am using the a patched version of Preloader 0.28 that will load both JODI and the original 4 digit name (I don't recall what that is off the top of my head).

But I will look into Priiloader, I think at the time I didnt switch since the forwarder dol for wiiflow wasn't compatible with priiloader, tho I see a newer version of the forwarder dol is out so maybe I will update both shortly, I'm 1/4 way thru the new Wiiflow thread :-)

I guess my major other question is regarding USB loading of RB2 and how it handles DLC, I have read that both Hermes v5 and Wan's rev19 solve the problem where the game will copy the song from the SD Card but not delete it? Can anyone confirm if this is true with v5 or rev19?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
tattar8 said:
The most stable Waninkoko cIOS so far is rev17. Before that it was rev14. Rev15 broke NeoGamma. Rev16 broke DL.
Uhm...what? Rev19 is the most stable one. It produces correct 1:1 Dumps, has mload, you can use a different base, etc. Use rev19, for god sake. There's nothing wrong with it. About the Rockband/Guitar Hero-DLC: Some say it worked, for me it didn't. It couldn't detect my SD. Try out for yourself (use IOS37 as base).
QUOTE(terminal_illness @ Apr 10 2010, 06:26 PM) get latest wiiflow and latest priiloader. that version of preloader doesnt properly load hbc anymore.
Priiloader: Yeah, update to 0.4
WiiFlow: I would use rev25 right now. The latest one (r42) isn't stable, and has some serious bugs.

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
About the Rockband/Guitar Hero-DLC: Some say it worked, for me it didn't. It couldn't detect my SD. Try out for yourself (use IOS37 as base).
WiiFlow: I would use rev25 right now. The latest one (r42) isn't stable, and has some serious bugs.

OK I just tested with Hermes v5 (base 37 installed on 223) and it seemed to have worked, had to use uloader (man is that thing ugly, [OT] any themes available for it [/OT], but great functionality wise) since Wiiflow thru up an error when trying to load with the v5 of Hermes (v4 was fine). But I played on DLC song (all songs where on my SD card), went and checked SM afterwards, just shows 4 1block DLC saves. Now to get it working with wiiflow

OK so all sorted on the USB/DLC front, cIOSes upgraded (Hermes v5: 202-base60, 222-base38, 223-base37, 224-base57. Wan's rev19: 249-base57, 250-base37), Wiiflow R42-249 all USB instrument games set to use 250, all custom forwarders for HB set to use 222 and everything else defaults to 249.
DLC works great, no filling of NAND.

Now I'm on to priiloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2