Trophies
Website
hifi4everyone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Hey leave shining force exa do digimon world 4 texture
Post automatically merged:

I forget to tell you that I complete shining force exa I don't need textures if you want my save I give you

Hey you do chaos wars or not
I don't provide dumps so save is not necessary. Please only include dumps for the correct game, you included Digimon World Data Squad in your zip folder. I will also display some textures from the dump of Data Squad that I believe are bad dumps and removed them from the replacements folder at the time I upscaled them. I don't remember what you want for chaos wars so I haven't. here is Digimon World 4 :arrow:https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApJOQlD7y1v-kQt6geUpBAx2HccT?e=3gv30c
8811e45f61e27e16-214742f1bad113bd-00006213.png
6ebb745f8b01eb5e-1b660a5b0b0481ac-000059d3.png
2caa471a31da4bf2-1c39d5cb9aee0d04-000059d3.png
82171dfd563740a4-1b489f5f9eb3b611-000059d3.png
a9b33dee0381b506-1cc9872a73fae031-000059d3.png
d7d8b1dd6db676e4-3c11ad204d608ed7-000059d3.png
d9498b12bcd20ec5-1a3b946775890883-000059d3.png
ddc033d35a0765a0-1dce95d5d6c462e5-000059d3.png

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hey I upload chaos wars today so you upscale it here dump link

I upload it after some time

I have a request delete chaos wars I has so many texture left in game I end you the dump link of chaos wars upscale it new dump

Hello here chaos wars texture link
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am1EdWRdis70hQ-uI8pDDrDrpjpG?e=fSl3aq
Upscale this game

I don't provide dumps so save is not necessary. Please only include dumps for the correct game, you included Digimon World Data Squad in your zip folder. I will also display some textures from the dump of Data Squad that I believe are bad dumps and removed them from the replacements folder at the time I upscaled them. I don't remember what you want for chaos wars so I haven't. here is Digimon World 4 :arrow:https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApJOQlD7y1v-kQt6geUpBAx2HccT?e=3gv30c
View attachment 406359
View attachment 406360
View attachment 406361
View attachment 406362
View attachment 406363
View attachment 406364
View attachment 406365
View attachment 406366
No problem man

Last edited by cvu,

BlackDarkHannes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i would like to have Summoner 2 to be upscaled. Here is the dump link:

https://mega.nz/folder/BqVBzJCS#HWCJaEvoWigvPqkhUZjA4w

SLUS-20448

Important: I am kinda confused about the outcome of the texture dump. I did everything according your post, with 5 minutes pure gameplay, but the files seem like they are missing land textures and some other stuff. I also removed the bad textures which had 00005980 in the ending. They were like 5000 files like this they all looked very SIMILAR but were not the same. Also the complete file size is quite small i think.

Do you have any more tips to make it a better dump? I don't know maybe is the provided enough, since it has the main protagonist, some npcs and crates. But seems kinda few for a game this big.

Thank you very much. Best regards.

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hey I upload chaos wars today so you upscale it here dump link

I upload it after some time

I have a request delete chaos wars I has so many texture left in game I end you the dump link of chaos wars upscale it new dump

Hello here chaos wars texture link
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am1EdWRdis70hQ-uI8pDDrDrpjpG?e=fSl3aq
Upscale this game

No problem man
Since you've been a constant user of my services, I request that you start hosting the replacements on your account as I will eventually run out of space on my end, don't worry about running out of space on your end either. I will host them on my end again when you fill up your space. Just share the links to the zip files on this thread and I'll replace the links in my post with yours.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApJOQlD7y1v-kQ5vezluln2p5O2H?e=TcX4D2 -> Chaos Wars
Hi i would like to have Summoner 2 to be upscaled. Here is the dump link:

https://mega.nz/folder/BqVBzJCS#HWCJaEvoWigvPqkhUZjA4w

SLUS-20448

Important: I am kinda confused about the outcome of the texture dump. I did everything according your post, with 5 minutes pure gameplay, but the files seem like they are missing land textures and some other stuff. I also removed the bad textures which had 00005980 in the ending. They were like 5000 files like this they all looked very SIMILAR but were not the same. Also the complete file size is quite small i think.

Do you have any more tips to make it a better dump? I don't know maybe is the provided enough, since it has the main protagonist, some npcs and crates. But seems kinda few for a game this big.

Thank you very much. Best regards.
Hey man, no worries. I was also confused about what textures were good or bad when I started dumping as well. The dumps folder looks fine as expected, maybe a few textures won't be upscaled but can't be sure until you check. Also, There might've been some normal textures that were among the 5000 files you purged if something as important as ground textures is missing, I think sorting by date or the number trick and manually scrolling is the only way to save those textures, that would take about 45 mins.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApJOQlD7y1v-kQ83KdLpUF_J5hjs?e=lFc2uY -> Summoner 2
I wish we could get 6 or 8k textures. I would really like to see how sharp the games can look
There is a 16x model bundled with 4xHDCube that allows for that (See the God Hand HD Texture Thread for examples) but I'm holding off on it as A. it's experimental and too early to use and B. 1K textures are decently sized for new people who are upscaling and uploading to cloud storage compared to the monstrous size of 8K textures. It's especially not feasible with FMVs, just 1 game could be 50+ GB's and that's only 4x FMVs, Imagine 16x :wacko:

Last edited by SomberShroud,

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Since you've been a constant user of my services, I request that you start hosting the replacements on your account as I will eventually run out of space on my end, don't worry about running out of space on your end either. I will host them on my end again when you fill up your space. Just share the links to the zip files on this thread and I'll replace the links in my post with yours.

Hey man, no worries. I was also confused about what textures were good or bad when I started dumping as well. The dumps folder looks fine as expected, maybe a few textures won't be upscaled but can't be sure until you check. Also, There might've been some normal textures that were among the 5000 files you purged if something as important as ground textures is missing, I think sorting by date or the number trick and manually scrolling is the only way to save those textures, that would take about 45 mins.

There is a 16x model bundled with 4xHDCube that allows for that (See the God Hand HD Texture Thread for examples) but I'm holding off on it as A. it's experimental and too early to use and B. 1K textures are decently sized for new people who are upscaling and uploading to cloud storage compared to the monstrous size of 8K textures. It's especially not feasible with FMVs, just 1 game could be 50+ GB's and that's only 4x FMVs, Imagine 16x :wacko:
Ok I do as you say but I need tutorial that you say

Here chaos wars new texture link the texture upscaled by sombershroud not me yes texture by me so give credits to sombershroud for upscaling thanks
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am1EdWRdis70hQ-uI8pDDrDrpjpG?e=MdBFsJ

Last edited by cvu,

BlackDarkHannes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much! I think I found the problem... The game only dumps textures of the levels and assets that are loaded in. That means i would've to play the entire game through with the option to dump textures. I tried to play past the tutorial and the new dump has the ground textures of the first level after the tutorial. The dump itself is a good one besides the 5000 same icons produced, which can be easily located thanks to your method. But maan... i wanted to play the game in HD for the first time in X years. I have some comparision pictures:

without textures.png
Here is the game without any HD Textures at all. This is the first level after the tutorial which was not part of the initial dump.

with hd textures.png
Here you can see the difference on the main character (orange girl). You can clearly see the better shoulderpads.
comparision.png
Here is a closeup. The orange girl has your upscaled textures, since she was in the tutorial. The blue girl came after the tutorial and is not upscaled to HD. Huuuge difference.

What i am trying to do next is to find someone to play the whole game. It is a BIG RPG so the upscaled textures should be around 1-3 Gigabytes with an actual full dump.

Anyway, big thanks for your help you made it really easy to understand the whole process.

Edit: Do you know a way to get through the whole game and collect all textures? Or any other process to collect ALL textures?

Last edited by BlackDarkHannes,

moneytheman12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I got 3080; im just talking textures only. I would like to see how much better 6 or 8k textures look on PCSX2 because 4k looks really sharp. I have wanted to see this for like 3 years now, but it seems like no one makes it above 4K, as if that is the limit of the emulators.

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Ok I do as you say but I need tutorial that you say

Here chaos wars new texture link the texture upscaled by sombershroud not me yes texture by me so give credits to sombershroud for upscaling thanks
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am1EdWRdis70hQ-uI8pDDrDrpjpG?e=MdBFsJ
go to your cloud storage of choice (megasync, onedrive, google drive, dropbox, etc.) upload the zip replacement files you've obtained from me to your storage then share the link with me in this thread and keep the files there when you're done.
Thank you very much! I think I found the problem... The game only dumps textures of the levels and assets that are loaded in. That means i would've to play the entire game through with the option to dump textures. I tried to play past the tutorial and the new dump has the ground textures of the first level after the tutorial. The dump itself is a good one besides the 5000 same icons produced, which can be easily located thanks to your method. But maan... i wanted to play the game in HD for the first time in X years. I have some comparision pictures:

View attachment 406623
Here is the game without any HD Textures at all. This is the first level after the tutorial which was not part of the initial dump.

View attachment 406624
Here you can see the difference on the main character (orange girl). You can clearly see the better shoulderpads.
View attachment 406625
Here is a closeup. The orange girl has your upscaled textures, since she was in the tutorial. The blue girl came after the tutorial and is not upscaled to HD. Huuuge difference.

What i am trying to do next is to find someone to play the whole game. It is a BIG RPG so the upscaled textures should be around 1-3 Gigabytes with an actual full dump.

Anyway, big thanks for your help you made it really easy to understand the whole process.

Edit: Do you know a way to get through the whole game and collect all textures? Or any other process to collect ALL textures?
yeah, unfortunately you do often have to 100% a game in order to properly dump the whole game, that is why I made this thread so we can get more dumps out there to be upscaled. you could try downloading a 100% save file online but even then, you still need to go to every level in the game and see every texture like character portraits or cutscene which may not be viewable if you didn't do a playthrough. some games could have multiple routes further prolonging the dumping process. that's AFAIK for dumping 100% you can do a partial dump and let someone else do the 100% for the time being. no pressure!
I got 3080; im just talking textures only. I would like to see how much better 6 or 8k textures look on PCSX2 because 4k looks really sharp. I have wanted to see this for like 3 years now, but it seems like no one makes it above 4K, as if that is the limit of the emulators.
everyone except for 1 person in this group uses AI upscalers, it's not that they can't make 8K textures, it's that the result would be a 256p image that doesn't look pixelated but is incredibly blurry, It wouldn't be "more detailed", for that you would have to completely remake the textures and at that point, it would be an unpaid job to completely remake a game yourself which I don't think most people would want to do.
Example of 256x256 -> 8,192x8,192
5a906267a0f093e4-9a697676b30112dd-00006213.png
I can't even upload the 8K image here because it's 44 MB

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
How come 4k textures aren't blurry I'm not understanding why a way higher one would be
Ok, I'm over-exaggerating a bit on older models, just imagine upscaling a 2D drawing of clipart or something simple, you'll notice it's not more "detail" just a sharper image, also I think it's just because most people don't have an 8K TV so they don't see a point in the higher res. I sure don't, even with a 2K monitor and I'm usually less than 2 feet away from it. I remember playing Doom(2016) and switching between texture quality and not being able to tell the difference. The distance you'd need to be to see the difference in 8K seems bad for your eyes from what I've read.

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hey friend I want you to add these textures to replacements folder of shining force neo it's shining force neo texture upscale this textures and then add these too replacements

I want you add these to replacement folder of shining force neo it's shining force neo texture upscale them and add them here dump link
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am1EdWRdis70hRFlxhEw909DxJKZ?e=cK2yH1

Here chaos wars upscale texture
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am1EdWRdis70hQ-uI8pDDrDrpjpG?e=GVtuwX

Last edited by cvu,

moneytheman12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm over-exaggerating a bit on older models, just imagine upscaling a 2D drawing of clipart or something simple, you'll notice it's not more "detail" just a sharper image, also I think it's just because most people don't have an 8K TV so they don't see a point in the higher res. I sure don't, even with a 2K monitor and I'm usually less than 2 feet away from it. I remember playing Doom(2016) and switching between texture quality and not being able to tell the difference. The distance you'd need to be to see the difference in 8K seems bad for your eyes from what I've read.
People don't need a monitor of said resolution to see the differences it's mutiple PC games, I played where it's 1440 and 4k textures,

and I played on a 1440p screen and easily could tell it was a medium jump in quality going from 1440 to 4k, the same way when i use an emu and can easily see jumping between the same resolution it's a medium difference in quality it's very easy to see, the differences with 8k and 4k is really easy to see on PC games it's video showing this with Skyrim and people have used those 8k tex with a 4k screen

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hey friend sombershroud how many days you take to upscale the texture that I send you

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hey friend sombershroud how many days you take to upscale the texture that I send you
sorry, I'm trying to be consistent in coming to this site now that this thread exists and sometimes I pull all-nighters and sleep the whole day so I'm not on. Here is Shining Force NEO: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApJOQlD7y1v-kRIy8jc_-zhx6QQJ?e=GGhnm4
also could you format your messages by saying explicitly "here is [game name] Dump" or "Here is [game name] Replacements" I was confused as to what the upscale textures were.
People don't need a monitor of said resolution to see the differences it's mutiple PC games, I played where it's 1440 and 4k textures,

and I played on a 1440p screen and easily could tell it was a medium jump in quality going from 1440 to 4k, the same way when i use an emu and can easily see jumping between the same resolution it's a medium difference in quality it's very easy to see, the differences with 8k and 4k is really easy to see on PC games it's video showing this with Skyrim and people have used those 8k tex with a 4k screen
alright, fair point, however, storage is still an issue for us upscalers now that FMVs are upscalable. 8K would make it even more expensive to upkeep and as I imagine a lot of people on here don't see the point in the hassle, unfortunately. I will definitely use the 16x Model when it comes out of beta.

moneytheman12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, I'm trying to be consistent in coming to this site now that this thread exists and sometimes I pull all-nighters and sleep the whole day so I'm not on. Here is Shining Force NEO: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApJOQlD7y1v-kRIy8jc_-zhx6QQJ?e=GGhnm4
also, could you format your messages by saying explicitly "Here is [game name] Dump" or "Here is [game name] Replacements" I was confused as to what the upscale textures were.

Right, fair point, however, storage is still an issue for us upscale now that FMVs are upscalable. 8K would make it even more expensive to upkeep and as I imagine a lot of people on here don't see the point in the hassle, unfortunately. I will definitely use the 16x Model when it comes out of beta.
I see no reason to go higher than the first level of hd which is 720p, for movies as I grew up calling them, aka fmv why go higher when it takes longer to render a higher resolution and they are so short, I would be happy with that

Reactions: SomberShroud

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
also could you format your messages by saying explicitly "here is [game name] Dump" or "Here is [game name] Replacements" I was confused as to what the upscale textures were.

alright, fair point, however, storage is still an issue for us upscalers now that FMVs are upscalable. 8K would make it even more expensive to upkeep and as I imagine a lot of people on here don't see the point in the hassle, unfortunately. I will definitely use the 16x Model when it comes out of beta.
Ok I do as you say our work is our work your study is our study you can study also you can sleep or you can take gap from me in three days I will not send you any texture so you can rest I dump them in five days so meet you in five days

And I know you won't ask me to upload this using my onedrive because you have full storage I know I upload the texture you upscaled as you say

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Ok I do as you say our work is our work your study is our study you can study also you can sleep or you can take gap from me in three days I will not send you any texture so you can rest I dump them in five days so meet you in five days

And I know you won't ask me to upload this using my onedrive because you have full storage I know I upload the texture you upscaled as you say
oh no, I'm not studying, I'm just terrible at time management. Don't worry about overloading me. Keep them coming. if you can handle sending me dumps fast, I'll handle upscaling them fast too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: