Hacking Perm downgrade 11.8 to 11.7 (B9S)

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Well, it's actually not pointless.
"free shop" actually works just fine on any 3ds running below 11.8, but you have to put that 'enc title keys' manually and there's a few titles that can't be downloaded but 99% of the titles can be downloaded just fine. for the time being.

I tested today on my three old3DSes on 11.7. one 3DS of each region, USA, EUR and JAP and works just fine.

People are spreading fakenews and trolling but the fact is that is not certain that "every game" will be blocked on nintendo servers, by the way that homebrews can actually be updated to make a fakesigh ticket more "legit". it's just a matter of time.

Since online play is still possible on 11.7 so i believe is even more pointless not even thinking on a downgrade since 11.8 have not even one thing to call a advantege.
11.7>11.8 :lol:

11.7 will soon stop working for online play, and it will also deny access to eShop (if it doesn't already).

Changes are made from their side (servers), staying on lower firmware won't help at all.

11.7=11.8 right now. When they block eShop, online play and >=11.8 games come out: 11.7<11.8

There's no point on not updating.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"free shop" actually works just fine on any 3ds running below 11.8, but you have to put that 'enc title keys' manually and there's a few titles that can't be downloaded but 99% of the titles can be downloaded just fine. for the time being.

I tested today on my three old3DSes on 11.7. one 3DS of each region, USA, EUR and JAP and works just fine.

People are spreading fakenews and trolling but the fact is that is not certain that "every game" will be blocked on nintendo servers, by the way that homebrews can actually be updated to make a fakesigh ticket more "legit". it's just a matter of time.

Since online play is still possible on 11.7 so i believe is even more pointless not even thinking on a downgrade since 11.8 have not even one thing to call a advantege.
freeShop also works just fine on 11.8, I just tested it out for myself. The server side changes have nothing to do with 11.8 and it's neither fake news nor trolling to state that Nintendo will most likely lock down the rest of the eShop. It's evidence based speculation based on the fact that Nintendo already locked their first party games. It won't be above speculation that Nintendo is most likely waiting to see if we can find a way around this and if we can't, they push it to more games.
Most people are trying to downgrade for fear being banned for using freeShop due to the soundbites of information during the 11.8 update. When in reality staying on 11.7 is only slightly safer when using sleep mode download on freeShop, otherwise the risk of getting banned overall is still the same. There's very little reason to not update. Of course you can stay on 11.7 if it makes you feel safer.

Last edited by The Catboy,

HellHare_LanceLnc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
11.7 will soon stop working for online play, and it will also deny access to eShop (if it doesn't already).

Changes are made from their side (servers), staying on lower firmware won't help at all.

11.7=11.8 right now. When they block eShop, online play and >=11.8 games come out: 11.7<11.8

There's no point on not updating.

freeShop also works just fine on 11.8, I just tested it out for myself. The server side changes have nothing to do with 11.8 and it's neither fake news nor trolling to state that Nintendo will most likely lock down the rest of the eShop. It's evidence based speculation based on the fact that Nintendo already locked their first party games. It won't be above speculation that Nintendo is most likely waiting to see if we can find a way around this and if we can't, they push it to more games.
Most people are trying to downgrade for fear being banned for using freeShop due to the soundbites of information during the 11.8 update. When in reality staying on 11.7 is only slightly safer when using sleep mode download on freeShop, otherwise the risk of getting banned overall is still the same. There's very little reason to not update. Of course you can stay on 11.7 if it makes you feel safer.

Thanks for the reply guys. I guess i precipitated myself, sorry. :ha:

You're right. Online don't work anymore on 11.7. not that i care though. Only solo MHXX and sometimes play local with mates.

You're right about server changes too. freeShop can't download anything without the proper keys and server permissions.
So it's safe to update 3ds system to 11.8 after update Luma3DS to 9.1 i guess.
I will update after dump nand backup.

I was thinking that maybe someday someone create a private server for freeShop to download games again without using nintendo servers.
a mirror server.
That would be awesome and don't hinder nintendo bandwidth.

But since 3DS still have much to offer i guess is atill early to launch one mirror server now without provocation nintendo. lol

I have lot of patience though. B-)

EmilioMK7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Where do I find the enctitlekeys.bin data? I searched long but didn’t found it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw