Gaming Pick my new NDS game (I'm lazy)

beautifulbeast

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just beat Final Fantasy III and I need something easy to recover myself from the efforts of going through such a crappy storyline. Could you guys recommend me something easy and classic? My new game has to meet these conditions:

1. A game you can actually complete as opposite to these games you just pick and play like Cooking Mama, Mario Kart DS, Chocobo Tales, etc...
2. A game that doesn't suck hours of your life searching for every single coin/ring/banana/star so you can unlock the super-mega-happy-ending that you get when you complete 126% of the game (that's why Castlevania isn't an option).
3. I would love a classic platformer like Gunstar Heroes for Megadrive/Genesis, Rocket Knight Adventures, all the Mega-Man series for SNES or Dynamite Headdy (like games like that still were being made).

Any ideas?

beautifulbeast

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks everyone for their suggestions, but I'm already playing New Super Mario Bros. and not enjoying it much and I tried Sonic Rush too but I didn't like it 'cause I kept falling into bottomless pits
frown.gif

On a side note: yesterday at night I searched for some of the videogames that I consider classic and old-school and they were all developed by Konami and sister company Treasure Co. It appears from their websites that in the future we'll have a load of these wonderful games for the NDS.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When you first start playing Yoshi Island DS you might think its a great game, but it quickly becomes stale and you will soon realise that it's no Yoshi Island SNES.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's unfortunate that a lot of nds owners tend to sneer at the gba-slot. If you're really serious about old-school platformers then you need to play Astro Boy: Omega Factor by treasure. It might look cutesy, but it's a hardcore beat-em-up/shoot-em-up/platformer that puts most nds games to shame.
astroboy_032304_004.jpg

Konami's Ninja Cop (aka.Ninja Five-0) is good too. Like a hybrid of shinobi and bionic commando.
ninja50_011603_14.gif

Both excellent games

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you first start playing Yoshi Island DS you might think its a great game, but it quickly becomes stale and you will soon realise that it's no Yoshi Island SNES.

This is sadly true. I was so psyched when I started playing it, but before I even got to the first castle I was just like... what the hell.

joey4321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yoshii's island...I agree. I was hyped since it got good reviews and everything. but i just lost interest in it. throwing eggs gets so repeatitive and it's not like the levels get harder or anything. basically, it's you trying to collect stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5