Hacking Playing movies from HDD on hacked Wii?

hvckz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
as WiiMC and MKV files are concerned..

it depends on the mkv on how was it encoded.

sometimes i use mplayer for mkv's it is much better than wiimc when in turns of playing

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
.mkv's work great for me as long as they are 480p or less.... which is not so common to find on the net as much as .avi's are at the same resolution.
That's not necessarily true. IOS58 really crippled compatibility. Both of my HDDs (and a large percentage of others) are an example of that.
Well, there are a couple .mkv's on my kids hard drive and they play fine. Maybe I got lucky with those few.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
.mkv's work great for me as long as they are 480p or less.... which is not so common to find on the net as much as .avi's are at the same resolution.
That's not necessarily true. IOS58 really crippled compatibility. Both of my HDDs (and a large percentage of others) are an example of that.
Well, there are a couple .mkv's on my kids hard drive and they play fine. Maybe I got lucky with those few.
I'd say it has more to do with the HDD you have than the files. However, I've never really understood (or looked into) encoding.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it has more to do with the HDD you have than the files. However, I've never really understood (or looked into) encoding.
Could it be the profile of the mkv? Like how PS3 gives error and plays choppy anything set to 5.1; maybe changing the profile which TSMuxer can do to 1.1-3.1 might be able to fix your problem. I do some encoding and I know the profile is hardware based.

PS3 is another example. It has the hardware to play 5.1profile mkvs but is dumbed down but something (I forget) yet if you change the profile from 5.1

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Since WiiMC is using IOS58 now is there a 222mod out there?
There was a 202 beta of 1.1.8, but it still prompts you to update everytime you connect. Youtube support is broken as well. If you want to try it out, I posted it along with a custom channel here:
http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/1413-WiiMC-with-202-support!

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a 202 beta of 1.1.8, but it still prompts you to update everytime you connect. Youtube support is broken as well. If you want to try it out, I posted it along with a custom channel here:
http://www.hacksden....ith-202-support!
Thank you :) well you said the compatibility is a lot better?

The reason why I'm interested is cause I have a lot of bleach 480p with 4.1 profile the Wii would play these choppy so I now use the PS3 to play all my media despite the fact my HDD is almost always hooked up to my Wii. Yeah I'm too lazy to unplug it from one to the other LoL.

Still thanks for the pst JoostinOnline :)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
http://www.hacksden....ith-202-support!
Thank you :) well you said the compatibility is a lot better?

The reason why I'm interested is cause I have a lot of bleach 480p with 4.1 profile the Wii would play these choppy so I now use the PS3 to play all my media despite the fact my HDD is almost always hooked up to my Wii. Yeah I'm too lazy to unplug it from one to the other LoL.

Still thanks for the pst JoostinOnline :)
It's still not as good as MPlayer CE. It's a beta, so stability is obviously an issue.

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Sorry to asked here, but is there any forwader channel for MPlayerCE that target to USB? All i can find is one that target to SD.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think so, wiimc is the better player.wiimc stays on my tv when im home i watch all my bleach, naruto, fullmetal, off of it best to go with the 480 versions though no lag whats so ever and i stream over a network and play off of my hdd. in the beging yes there was some crashing but now it works great!

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
i dont think so, wiimc is the better player.wiimc stays on my tv when im home i watch all my bleach, naruto, fullmetal, off of it best to go with the 480 versions though no lag whats so ever and i stream over a network and play off of my hdd. in the beging yes there was some crashing but now it works great!
WiiMC crashes constantly now, lol. Far more than it used to actually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/VAfy26xs6e0?si=EuGdWe_Y25-rfmms accurate