PS1/2 Playstation 2 OPL questions

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Here is the story. I bought a PS2 slim with everything ready. As in ready to play. Its OPL 0.9.3, and stuff.

Now upon playing and enjoying the hell out of it. I decided i wanna try putting emulators. Like NES and PS1. I read about the .elf files and such so i did some research.

Anyway, my PS2 seems to be lacking or incomplete for some reason. When I boot it up, it goes straight to OPL to play PS2 games. When i exit OPL, it just goes to the Browser and Configuration, not the Mcboot menu. I was told i need to hold R1 upon booting it up. I tried everything but its a no go.

Can anyone help me? I dont think i have the necessary tools and all but if i can make do with whar i have, i will appreciate it. I just need to access the Mcboot or maybe a way for me to run .elf files through OPL thats all.

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

This :

When i exit OPL, it just goes to the Browser and Configuration, not the Mcboot menu. I was told i need to hold R1 upon booting it up. I tried everything but its a no go.

is kinda weird...

Holding R1 at PS2 boot should launch mass:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF = uLaunchELF. I guess the person who made you the FMCB install changed that behaviour...

Ok, so please download this file : http://www.mediafire.com/file/sml22j69t4dtmb7/RESCUE.ELF and put it at the root of a USB device. Then, start your PS2 with this USB device plugged in. uLaunchELF should start.

Tell me if it happens and we continue to solve your issue.

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi !

This :

is kinda weird...

Holding R1 at PS2 boot should launch mass:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF = uLaunchELF. I guess the person who made you the FMCB install changed that behaviour...

Ok, so please download this file : http://www.mediafire.com/file/sml22j69t4dtmb7/RESCUE.ELF and put it at the root of a USB device. Then, start your PS2 with this USB device plugged in. uLaunchELF should start.

Tell me if it happens and we continue to solve your issue.

I downloaded the file, and put it to the root of my USB device as mentioned. Its still a no go. OPL booted. I exit OPL like before and still its the Browser and Configuratiom that is appearing.

But i havent tried putting the rescue file inside an empty USB device yet. Is that how its supposed to be?

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I downloaded the file, and put it to the root of my USB device as mentioned. Its still a no go. OPL booted. I exit OPL like before and still its the Browser and Configuratiom that is appearing.

But i havent tried putting the rescue file inside an empty USB device yet. Is that how its supposed to be?

Having files on the USB device doesnt matter.

Shit, this is really weird. No OSDSYS hacked (no FMCB menu) + RESCUE.ELF not working = either you have a veryyyyyy old FMCB install, either your card has no FMCB on it.

Can you please go to the browser and see what icons are there ? Please, take a pic of it.

I bought a PS2 slim with everything ready.

Do you have more info about it ? Could it be a PS2 with a modchip ?

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Having files on the USB device doesnt matter.

Shit, this is really weird. No OSDSYS hacked (no FMCB menu) + RESCUE.ELF not working = either you have a veryyyyyy old FMCB install, either your card has no FMCB on it.

Can you please go to the browser and see what icons are there ? Please, take a pic of it.

Do you have more info about it ? Could it be a PS2 with a modchip ?

Uh sure no problem. I do have some corrupted files though. Otherwise, all of them are same corrupted files.

I dont think my PS2 have a working disc drive anymore. Modchip im not sure. Matrix logo comes up on screen when it boots up, first thing i will always see.

The corrupted files vary from sizes

4kb, 799kb, ?kb, 147kb, 280kb

Attachments

• 1507919930797-294967260.jpg
    1507919930797-294967260.jpg
    934.6 KB · Views: 1,338

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the fbmc files on that card. I'd say it's a mod chip.

Edit: Matrix logo is a modchip not fmcb so lookup matrix infinity I'm almost sure that's something like what you have installed.

Last edited by [^Blark^],
Reactions: Subtle Demise

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep, no FMCB install on this card. So you have a modchip that auto launch OPL at PS2 startup.

Please, test your disc drive with a PS2 game. You might need it.

3 tests to do before the disc drive test :
- press R1 when you start your PS2 ;
- press R2 when you start your PS2 ;
- press L2 when you start your PS2 ;

Tell me if something happens when you do any of these actions.

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, no FMCB install on this card. So you have a modchip that auto launch OPL at PS2 startup.

Please, test your disc drive with a PS2 game. You might need it.

3 tests to do before the disc drive test :
- press R1 when you start your PS2 ;
- press R2 when you start your PS2 ;
- press L2 when you start your PS2 ;

Tell me if something happens when you do any of these actions.

I tried everything sir. Nothing at all. And i also check my disc drive. With an original PS2 game too nonetheless.

I think my last resort is to buy another MMC with FMCB in it, yes?

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shit... that means that most likely, only OPL is installed on your card. :/

1/ BTW, you did not tell me : is that a FAT pS2 ? Do you have a network adapter and a HDD ?
2/ Last thing to check : go in OPL and in OPL, to the APPS page. If you see uLaunchELF listed, please start it. You would be very very lucky if uLaunchELF is listed here.

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Shit... that means that most likely, only OPL is installed on your card. :/

1/ BTW, you did not tell me : is that a FAT pS2 ? Do you have a network adapter and a HDD ?
2/ Last thing to check : go in OPL and in OPL, to the APPS page. If you see uLaunchELF listed, please start it. You would be very very lucky if uLaunchELF is listed here.

Oh sorry, i forgot that info about.

1. Its a PS2 Slim, so no HDD, no network adapter, and such. Just straight to USB.

2. I tried going to Apps yes. Unfortunately, there is nothing there. I even tried installing uLaunch on my own via .iso on OPL. Still a no go, sir.

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
:/ No option left for you, sorry. You're stucked with OPL for now.

So yeah, get yourself a FMCB card - and when you received it, do not forget to disable your modchip. FMCB and modchips can conflict.

Back to your first questions (when you will have your FMCB card) :
- PS1 : use POPS. You can find a newbie guide here (by me) : https://bitbucket.org/ShaolinAssassin/popstarter-documentation-stuff/wiki/quickstart-usb
- NES : use FCEU 0.90i version, you can find it in this archive : http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachm...fceu-lost-builds-fceu_versions_11sept2016.zip

If you look for other emulators, feel free to ask.

Reactions: cvskid

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

So yeah, get yourself a FMCB card - and when you received it, do not forget to disable your modchip. FMCB and modchips can conflict.

- PS1 : use POPS. You can find a newbie guide here (by me) : https://bitbucket.org/ShaolinAssassin/popstarter-documentation-stuff/wiki/quickstart-usb
- NES : use FCEU 0.90i version, you can find it in this archive : http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachm...fceu-lost-builds-fceu_versions_11sept2016.zip

Wait, sir. How do i turn off or disable the modchip? I mean, is there anything i need to do about it? Sorry for the questions.

And thanks for the emulators. I always just wanted to have the NES for sure.

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Thank you so much. Once i got a MMC with FMCB that is real and all, i will heed all these advices. If i have any more questions and such, i will be sure to ask here or you directly, sir.

YounesSmati

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Can i access to ulaunchelf without buying new one?? (its already set to autostart)
i have mc boot 2008 and open ps2 loader 0.7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled