Hacking Please help me uninstall everything and start from scratch with softmi

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The search feature doesnt work. I did look and look but I figure someone that KNOWS can please post it here...

If you dont know please dont give suggestions.. I NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY.. and no "try this, try that"

Here is what I did.. AND it is a mess up prolly I know..

I have(had) gamma .3g and want to put softmii v2

I didnt realize that v2 was out and I d-loaded the first copy of softmii i found 0.9.5. OOPS.

I followed the instructions to the point where it says THIS
QUOTE said:
0) Run Preloader0.26 from HBC (Props 2 crediar.)

*CAUTION* USE PRELOADER HACK REMOVER IF YOU HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED PRE-LOADER HACKS TO YOUR SYSTEM OR YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES. THIS CAN BE FOUND IN THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL.

21) It will install and reboot...your system should now load the PreLoader menu.

If you do not reboot to Preloader Menu at this time, power off your wii until the light is Red/Orange...
...hit Power, then quickly press and HOLD Reset...

I ran the reloader hack remover and I get 3 lines.. the first one says "installing NTF" or something and it said OK.
Second and third something about "deleting sharedhacks ini" both failed.
Try again and again and same thing.

I go to next step,, "run preloader .26" and It shows me a screen that says if I dont agree, turn off my wii... NOTHING happens at this point,, the screen just stays there and I press all buttons and nothing..
Except the HOME key... this key takes me back to the homebrew channel.

Ok,, that explained... I got on the interenet and see that softmii V2 is the newest.. DOH!

Now,, How can I get softmii to work,, I dont want to try anything else worried that I will brick my wii..

Im running to the store, so I cant respond right away...

THANKS ALOT for any help.
Blind

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cygoku said:
The search feature is simply google. So google.com your way like the rest of us.

Cygoku
You in a bad mood today? Honestly all you ever see on GBAtemp these days when people a question is to search. Why don't you actually try helping people for once?

And it seems to me that in all the help topics you have posted people have been kind and have tried to help you. Buy why didn't you just google.com your way instead of starting those topics?

Firehead03

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
firehead.applewalrus.com
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't downloading and installing preloader .28 work? Try that. Also, if it doesn't reboot to the preloader menu, just turn off your Wii and start it whilst pressing the reset button.
Cygoku said:
The search feature is simply google. So google.com your way like the rest of us.

Cygoku
It can get rather overwhelming for some, it's always nice to have a helping hand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU