Not open for further replies.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
This is kind of a weird question, and I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but would it be possible to have a setting for how many Pokémon you want displayed? I have no interest in anything after 151, and given the option I would gladly ignore the fact that there were ever any more Pokémon after that. If the Pokédex could be set to "Generation I" mode or something, I'd definitely want to keep it around, if only for the sake of having a Pokédex on my DS.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You should make the pokedex in separate generations, then makea version with all of the generations combined. It seems like too much work, so it's your choice.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Could always have the Homebrew App open the user's Pokemon: Diamond or Pearl save and read what pokemon the user currently haven't have seen and caught and use that data in the application. Theres a few resources out there giving in depth information on the save data.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
take your time yo, you can take as long as you need and dont have to rush it in for august (it's a monthly thing)

looks kewl, i guess, if youre into pkmon

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Could always have the Homebrew App open the user's Pokemon: Diamond or Pearl save and read what pokemon the user currently haven't have seen and caught and use that data in the application. Theres a few resources out there giving in depth information on the save data.
That would be awesome

Even more awesome if you can take data from the GBA games too

And the GBC games
smile.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can I help in anyway?
for example...
I can tell you the locations of pokemons in all games (I have a couple of .txt files for all GBA pokemon games including Shiny gold, and one for diamond)

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Diablo:
He is not doing everything. He just helps me with it, so I don't get demotivated, cause when it gets borring, I let him do a part.
@Vague:
I'm probebly going to release a few demo's.
The first will include 50 pokémon, the second the first 151, then the second generation, then the third, etc.

But yes, maybe it is a good idea to release different versions.

@Narin, could you give me information about that? I'd love to do something like that...

@Antoligy, Ofcourse you could help.
A few text files would be very nice. (I think I'm going to let the app read things out of txt files anyway (if there's a way to do that, and if I'm able to do that.

@JPH, I know
wink.gif

Thanks for all the good comments everyone
smile.gif
That even motivates me more
smile.gif

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks cool! Anyway you know that most games have different descriptions on Pokémons? Mabey you could include every description from every game (This must be a lot of work, though).

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Looks kind of good, although I'd do something about that white square around the pokemon picture.
Depending on how much data you put into it, it might be useful. With just the basic information, it'd be better looking in the D/P pokedex, but with information the game won't tell you, it could be quite useful.

Like, what moves it learns, egg moves, movesets, like people mentioned earlier.

Zyenet

Trophies
Website
www.zyetendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a good application, looking forward to it.

I, like a few other people who posted here, would like to learn, but just have no motivation. Ah well.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zyenet said:
Sounds like a good application, looking forward to it.

I, like a few other people who posted here, would like to learn, but just have no motivation. Ah well.
Which is why someone should get together a group project
Group projects always seem to motivate .

And attempt the win the bounty and split the winnings
smile.gif

papyrus

Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
Its not kiddy if you put stuffs like strategies such as movesets and the such. Good luck on the project I'm gonna use it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_