Gaming Pokemon Black/White 2 (E, U) Game Discussion Thread

Which pokemon do you plan to get?

• Total voters

markallen1988

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to export challenge mode from a completed Japanese Black 2 save on an r4i3DS flash cart to the english version of Black 2? I just spent an hour searching for my AR only to find out it doesn't work on DSi and I don't have an original DS laying around :/

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hate hidden grottos,I decided to try to snag the bagon and most of the time all I got was items...then last night I got my first pokemon to show up(not the one I wanted) and ironically every pokemon I got to show up(like 3-4 times now) has been a hariyama,is there a code for the us pokemon black 2 for grottos to be 100% regenerated instead of 5%?

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know you guys can snatch eevee's in hidden grottos right? No need to finish the game.
As for me, I didn't need an eevee since I wanted an Espeon. And I got mine at that mini-game event from pokemon.com MAGIC BOUNCE ABILITY IS SICK!!!

D

Deleted-236924

You know you guys can snatch eevee's in hidden grottos right? No need to finish the game.
As for me, I didn't need an eevee since I wanted an Espeon. And I got mine at that mini-game event from pokemon.com MAGIC BOUNCE ABILITY IS SICK!!!
Don't worry, we only mentioned Castelia City's garden thingy one or two times.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just wondering if this game was better than the first black and white. Looking at it and trying to decide if I get it which ones the better option :/
This game is LEAGUES better than the previous. In BW the major flop was that after clearing the main story you are at a loss of what to do.

In BW2, at least you know... Oh I need to do this, I want to do that... After the main story. There is this sense of direction. The PWT will kill some hours too.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Where are the element monkeys found?
Lostlorn Forest, or Pinwheel for end game.

Quick question: Will an Arcanine learn any moves other than Extremespeed? I just recently evolved my Growlithe after it learned Flamthrower...was that a wrong move? D:
Arcanine will learn NOTHING after evolving besides extremespeed.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Now that I've beaten the E4, I can say that this was a very satisfying game. Yes, B/W were good, but the sequels are just more fulfilling. The story felt a bit lacking, compared to B/W, but I can say, Black 2 and White 2 are excellent, excellent Pokemon games.

~~~Now, to the PWT!

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if this game was better than the first black and white. Looking at it and trying to decide if I get it which ones the better option :/
This game is LEAGUES better than the previous. In BW the major flop was that after clearing the main story you are at a loss of what to do.

In BW2, at least you know... Oh I need to do this, I want to do that... After the main story. There is this sense of direction. The PWT will kill some hours too.
Meh, there was quite a lot you could do (but only if you had Wi-Fi). But yeah, B2W2 does add tons of end game content. In addition that you can use all 4 games (obviously including the predecessors) to literally catch a heap amount of pkm.
And finally there's the key system, allowing you to redo the game in either easy mode or hard. XD

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now that I've beaten the E4, I can say that this was a very satisfying game. Yes, B/W were good, but the sequels are just more fulfilling. The story felt a bit lacking, compared to B/W, but I can say, Black 2 and White 2 are excellent, excellent Pokemon games.

~~~Now, to the PWT!
the best part of the game.

riceball7852

A person with a life.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of IR in this game?

The point of IR is to link with other Pokemon B/W 2 to gain challenge levels from each other.
Ex. Black 2 and White 2 gives each other 'Easy Mode' and 'Challenge Mode' respectively. This can be done only by the IR.

I kinda forgot the other purposes...

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Meh, there was quite a lot you could do (but only if you had Wi-Fi). But yeah, B2W2 does add tons of end game content. In addition that you can use all 4 games (obviously including the predecessors) to literally catch a heap amount of pkm.
And finally there's the key system, allowing you to redo the game in either easy mode or hard. XD
Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly. What I meant was after you defeated N and Ghetsis, the whole chain of events seem to be broken. It's like an awesome climax without a proper ending.

It just feels incomplete. I mean really? All of a sudden after defeating them all trainers got a massive level boost? When you're walking on the bridge and suddenly the shadow triad appear and that's it? Why can't they just appear outside your hometown?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

The point of IR is to link with other Pokemon B/W 2 to gain challenge levels from each other.
Ex. Black 2 and White 2 gives each other 'Easy Mode' and 'Challenge Mode' respectively. This can be done only by the IR.

Erm... No. IR is largely used for C-Gear communications. Challenge Mode keys are sent by DS Wireless.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly. What I meant was after you defeated N and Ghetsis, the whole chain of events seem to be broken. It's like an awesome climax without a proper ending.

It just feels incomplete. I mean really? All of a sudden after defeating them all trainers got a massive level boost? When you're walking on the bridge and suddenly the shadow triad appear and that's it? Why can't they just appear outside your hometown?
And that actually led to it's sequel. LOL

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got this game today, choose a Snivy and I havent gone online yet, anything I should know (like extra content or promotions, and in-game stuff)

Oh yeah, and im willing to exchange codes, it will be in my sig by tomorrow.

D

Deleted-236924

Erm... No. IR is largely used for C-Gear communications. Challenge Mode keys are sent by DS Wireless.
But the keys can also be sent via IR.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXVXw5ELqA&pp=ygUYTW9yZSBpbnNhbmUgOTBzIGdhbWUgYWRz