Gaming Pokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver Chat Thread

eXT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there is a way to evolve Magneton in this game into a Magnezone? I know that you normally need to level it up at Mt. Coronet, but I was wondering if there was a location similar to this in HGSS that would work.

If not, would anyone evolve it for me, that has D/P/Pt? I would trade it to you, with it holding a Rare Candy, and all you'd have to do is use the Rare Candy on it at Mt. Coronet I'm assuming. It would be greatly appreciated...

You'd think that they would put a location somewhere in Mt. Silver or something that would work the same as Mt. Coronet.

` regret .

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I thought trading a pokemon from your game to your pokéwalker & back is equivalent to trading pokemon from one DS to another.

Is there an easier way to 'trade' pokemon ?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eXT said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to evolve Magneton in this game into a Magnezone? I know that you normally need to level it up at Mt. Coronet, but I was wondering if there was a location similar to this in HGSS that would work.

If not, would anyone evolve it for me, that has D/P/Pt? I would trade it to you, with it holding a Rare Candy, and all you'd have to do is use the Rare Candy on it at Mt. Coronet I'm assuming. It would be greatly appreciated...

You'd think that they would put a location somewhere in Mt. Silver or something that would work the same as Mt. Coronet.
Nope, there is no way to get Magnezone besides trading it from D/P/Pt. This also explains why your rival only has a Magneton at the end of the game.

QUOTE(` regret . @ Apr 2 2010, 09:24 PM) I thought trading a pokemon from your game to your pokéwalker & back is equivalent to trading pokemon from one DS to another.

Is there an easier way to 'trade' pokemon ?
You don't actually trade Pokemon to the Pokewalker, and no there is no easy way to trade-evolve Pokemon since they fixed the GTS glitch. The only way is to have WiFi or a friend who has a DS and a Pokemon game.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Trained my entire team to Lv 65, except for Thyplosion, who is Lv 70, and Ampharos, who is 60... Gonna replace poor Ampharos with a modest Zapdos that I just caught with a great ball... I'm gonna miss her. D: I'm gonna replace her cos her stats are all WAAAAAAAAY too low for a Lv 60.

Stats:
130 Attack
109 Defence (too low...)
218 Sp. Atk
122 Sp. Def (... kinda low, but around the same as most of my fighters, cos of their massive sp./attack stat)
75 Speed (... the fuck? I know Ampharos is slow, but to this extent?)

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
help requires by a n00b

all the guru
please explain to me what happened?

pkmnsnipe.png

when would you get snipe?
why would i get snipe?

thanks....

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
help requires by a n00b

all the guru
please explain to me what happened?

pkmnsnipe.png

when would you get snipe?
why would i get snipe?

thanks....
GODDAMN WHY ARE YOU TARGETING HIS... HIS... his... penis?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Raika said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Hey i was just wondering, how do you re-battle the johto and kanto gym leaders.
Read this:
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gym-rematch.shtml
It explains everything.
smile.gif

Awesome, really cool they did that!
Those teams look really cool and strong, I'm gonna complete a Pokemon game for the first time in 3 years!
So weird, I played Diamond but got bored after a few badges. Didn't even start Platinum, but this is just something else.
I'm so addicted and playing at least 2 hours every evening and morning in bed.

linkmaster03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am definitely getting this game. GSC was my favorite generation. I didn't really play DPP. It got boring after a while, and the new Pokémon seemed weird... but I might play it if Heart Gold gets me back into Pokémon games.
smile.gif

What exactly does the PokéWalker pedometer thing do? Is it required for anything?

EDIT: Just got it, great game so far.
biggrin.gif
Reminds me of old times.

simon1

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm. I'm wondering if there's a way to farm money in SoulSilver. I'm looking to buy a ton of Pokeballs to try and fill up my Pokedex as well as possible, and I don't want to be broke (which is completely unlike the Pokemon Champion!).

I'm thinking of just getting a Meowth, making it learn Pay Day, and just fighting wild Pokemons while I watch something and mash A.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
simon1 said:
Hmm. I'm wondering if there's a way to farm money in SoulSilver. I'm looking to buy a ton of Pokeballs to try and fill up my Pokedex as well as possible, and I don't want to be broke (which is completely unlike the Pokemon Champion!).

I'm thinking of just getting a Meowth, making it learn Pay Day, and just fighting wild Pokemons while I watch something and mash A.
Amulet coin. Then fight the Elite 4. When you beat Lance... KA-CHING!! $$$$$
I now have $516803 lol.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
simon1 said:

Get a lvl 100. (or high enough to do ->) Sweep the E4 with one shot a pokemon? That's what I did back in silver. I do this in other pokemon games as well
biggrin.gif

Add an amulet coin for even more money.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I've got a question. I traded a Scyther with metal coat to my SoulSilver game from another game, with the intention of stopping the evolution and training my Scyther for a little bit. But it wouldn't let me stop the evolution so now I have a lvl 1 Scizor. Is there a benefit (i.e. speed stat) to training a Scyther and then evolving it into Scizor later in its training, or will all speed benefits be wiped when it evolves?

If it's the later than I guess a lvl 1 Scizor isn't too bad (even if it is slow).

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Opium said:
I've got a question. I traded a Scyther with metal coat to my SoulSilver game from another game, with the intention of stopping the evolution and training my Scyther for a little bit. But it wouldn't let me stop the evolution so now I have a lvl 1 Scizor. Is there a benefit (i.e. speed stat) to training a Scyther and then evolving it into Scizor later in its training, or will all speed benefits be wiped when it evolves?

If it's the later than I guess a lvl 1 Scizor isn't too bad (even if it is slow).
Let's see.
The base stats for Scyther are:

HP/Atk/Def/Sp. Atk/Sp. Def/Speed
70/110/80/55/80/105

Scizor
HP/Atk/Def/Sp. Atk/Sp. Def/Speed
70/130/100/55/80/65

As you can clearly see, Scyther has a higher base speed compared to Scizor.
Notice the word base, thus no matter how early you evolve Scyther to a Scizor, Scizor will ALWAYS be slower than a Scyther when you compare their base stats.

HOWEVER, you can EV train a Scizor to boost its stats, be it Speed, Attack etc.
Check up on EVs here.
You can find good places to EV train here.

The Pokemon's NATURE also affects how its stats will turn out.
You can check up on Natures here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica