Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS revealed!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck yeah more mediocre Pokemon games!

This game has much more in common with rogue-likes, in particular the SNES classic Shiren The Wanderer, than it does with Pokemon.

Outside of the fact that it's also just kinda crap TBH. I tried playing one of the DS ones and found it to be dull as hell. I don't hate roguelikes too much, I can enjoy them on occasion, but this was just bad.

D

Deleted-236924

Pretty much every PMD game wasn't really worth playing after the main story TBH.
There's the bit of story post-game, but then it's pretty much just "grind for no reason whatsoever."

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I remember how godly the pokemon mystery dungeon generators were? One question though, HOW THE hell do these generators work. I mean I swear you could even put legendaries as the sender and get every item. I gotta admit even I used it to get certain tms and items.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I suppose if they act as a stepping stone to the more interesting gameplay styles I am OK with that; it is not always successful, indeed the attach rate is pretty low overall in my estimation, but pokemon does seem to have acted as springboard for better games.

Re: Password generators.... depending upon the game they work in a couple of subtly different ways.
1) The game quite literally has a password for everything and it checks against a list of those. This is used more for games with a simple level progression and no weapons carried over/possibility for deviation from a preset path.
2) The password itself is in fact an encoding of the things it stores- 4 digits of 0 through 9 is 10^4 or 10000 combinations which is enough to get a lot done*, but surprisingly not actually that much in the grand scheme of things. On top of this there is usually a method to check the password is correct (adding up all the numbers or something- see hashing) which is why failing to enter a "proper" password often fails. For this it is possible to figure out how it works (usually either by seeing the pattern in a lot of passwords or observing/altering the game at the assembly level) and from there a password generator is a matter of writing a tool to make them which is usually not that hard to do effectively.

*it need not be letters either- I remember some of the GB megaman titles had a nice grid which you could fill or leave- a 3x3 grid is 512 combinations and a 4x4 is 65536.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care what you guys. I enjoyed the MD series far more than I enjoyed the main games (DS ones, mind you. No one fucks with the GBA games).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
D

Deleted-236924

This game will be definitely good.
That's what people said about Duke Nukem Forever.
Duke Nukem is not even comparable to pokemon.
This game will be definitely good.
That's what people said about Duke Nukem Forever.
Except Pokemon never took 12 years to make.

UNcKF.png

The point being that you can't say a game will definitely be good that long before release, especially since we have so little information about it right now.

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First trailer:

EDIT: So I just watched this. It's just sooo awesome *o* and did any of you notice the Nintendo Network logo in the end? Hmm that means there's either multiplayer, DLC or free downloadable missions.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've always been a huge fan of this spin-off of the Pokémon games(As well as Ranger). I've been itching for a new once since Explorers of Time seeing as I didn't get sucked into Explorers of Sky mainly because it wasn't a long enough gap for me to want to buy the same story over again.

But I do look forward to this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Lol he's right +1