ROM Hack Pokemon Platinum: Enhanced Edition

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dont know if it is possible but I think it should be good to remove messages when it's snowing ("snow keeps falling"), raining, etc. It is really boring in some places...

qazzaq2004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to comment on this great hack, just a couple of suggestions/questions:
I don't know if it's just me but I haven't encountered a squirtle, chikorita or turtwig in the starter area, not to mention rarely seeing a chimchar or piplup. So maybe their encounter rates need to be tweaked in route 202.
Also, the rival's starter being level 7 makes it a hard fight to win from the get go, at least with gible (Bagon is pretty easy w/ bite).
Another thing would maybe be the pretty high levels required to evolve the trade/item specific pokemon, if those could be reduced I think it'd be better.
Aside from that it's a really great hack, keep up the good work.

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason I cant get passed floraroma town, it keeps freezing on me and wanted to know that whats causing it?

I do have a suggestion for Beta 3 but it might sound stupid:
It be really awesome if Lucas and Dawn got like new outfits or something

Thanks =D

DarkChili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do release beta 3 soon, could you make a version where the rom is untrimmed? That or make everyone move twice as fast? Can't play pokemon without the speed running codes anymore man...

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
DarkChili said:
If you do release beta 3 soon, could you make a version where the rom is untrimmed? That or make everyone move twice as fast? Can't play pokemon without the speed running codes anymore man...

Why do you want an untrimmed one? I find it good.... saves space.

DarkChili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
x.domination said:
DarkChili said:

Cause the reduced size beta 2 messes up cheats because it's reduced size and I would like my cheats?

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkChili said:
x.domination said:
DarkChili said:

Cause the reduced size beta 2 messes up cheats because it's reduced size and I would like my cheats?

I second that. I don't see why space would be an issue. The AK2i supports sdhc and memory is ridiculously cheap nowadays. I mean if you're willing to pay for a dsl or dsi which can go from 80 bucks used to 170 for the new dsi, and money for a flashcart which is on average goes for around 20+ dollars, you can spend some money on memory to store all the games and media you want to have. I have an 8gb card, and I haven't even come close to filling it up, even with half a season of gundam seed on it as well as a ridiculous amount of games. Untrimmed rom would be nice.
smile.gif

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
qazzaq2004 said:
Just wanted to comment on this great hack, just a couple of suggestions/questions:
I don't know if it's just me but I haven't encountered a squirtle, chikorita or turtwig in the starter area, not to mention rarely seeing a chimchar or piplup. So maybe their encounter rates need to be tweaked in route 202.
Also, the rival's starter being level 7 makes it a hard fight to win from the get go, at least with gible (Bagon is pretty easy w/ bite).
Another thing would maybe be the pretty high levels required to evolve the trade/item specific pokemon, if those could be reduced I think it'd be better.
Aside from that it's a really great hack, keep up the good work.

Sorry, I can't do anything about the encounter rates, only thing i could do would be exchanging which Pkmn gets seen more often often and which one less, but that'd be going in circles.
Hmm I think I'll leave the Lvl 7-foe at start, i hope it does not depress people too much
rolleyes.gif
After all, you can't lose anything here...
I don't want a walk-in-the-park game, therefore i'm leaving the high levels for trade-evolutions
wink.gif

QUOTE(Twoacross @ May 12 2009, 03:01 AM) For some reason I cant get passed floraroma town, it keeps freezing on me and wanted to know that whats causing it?

I do have a suggestion for Beta 3 but it might sound stupid:
It be really awesome if Lucas and Dawn got like new outfits or something

Thanks =D

What exactly do you mean with freezing? Are you using an emulator or a flash card? Have you used any game cheats or tried to trim the rom?

Changing outfits (that is, implementing new ones) is way too much of a hassle, sorry. I could change it though that you'd for example see Rowan as the new Dawn, but that would be fooling around, and the sprite in battle would be wrong, too.

... Oh, and I have just uploaded Beta 3.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i want to play this hack but i can't since i always get a error in the xdelta something about that the name is to long
unsure.gif

could you describe the rom name you used for this if this is allowed by regular gbatemp rules ?
thanks
rolleyes.gif

hopefully this problem of mine will be solved soon

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome job!

Would it be possible to swap the pictures of the pokemon that you get shown at the start (i.e. Dratini, Bagon, Gibble) instead of the pictures of the original three?

(ugh now that I've toyed with your beta I cant play platinum until you get this finished
wink.gif
)

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm going through this right now and I'm just wondering... how much of the text has been modified? It seems like a LOT of it was changed, and personally I don't really like that. Is it just at the beginning or was most of the text changed? Other than that, it's great so far!

gameworm2.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great hack. Is there any way that this can be patched on a mac, because that is all I have to work with. (I do not have access to things like bootcamp and parallels due to not having a copy of windows) I am really impressed with the amount that has gone into this hack.

blitzenmarie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im enjoying the hack so far, but i have a couple of questions. Why is there a girl in the jubilife city pokemon center selling the exact same things that are for sale in the pokemart in the same town? I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious but its confusing me.

Smartpal

The Guitar Guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Awesome you changed Rowan's boring stuff at the beginning to something interesting. Wohoo! But I do kinda agree with War, you have changed a LOT if the text in the start, which seems weird. Other than that, hats off!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What would be really sweet is if you could remove some useless text from trainers or just people.
I don't want to hear all that crap, I only want to hear interesting things that help me further in the 'story'.
Especially on the beginning and ending of battles, I don't need that crap just gimme your money and be off with it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8