ROM Hack Pokemon Platinum: Enhanced Edition

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
x.domination said:
Or change some boring text into jokes.....

Yeah, a good idea, but that's more work for the developer
tongue.gif

No, I would just prefer no text at all, that speeds up the whole game a lot and that's what Pokemon needs now.

mucus

Orc Orc Orc
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, I love the text and the inane dialouge!
It's great stuff!

I only play pkmn for recreation, for example it's 4 hours into my game and I only have one badge
(i know this cuz of those mods at the intro screen)

I didn't know about the changes in the beginning cuz i just moved my save file. But I think that it sounds really great, i might make a second save to see that...

but, to the point wolfsclaw

I think that a change in text to jokes would be great, and if you need a bit of help, let me know.
I don't know anoything about ROM hacking (anymore) but I'm gonna have some down time and I'd love to see more changes to the field of pokemon platinum

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LordMelkor said:
Awesome job!

Would it be possible to swap the pictures of the pokemon that you get shown at the start (i.e. Dratini, Bagon, Gibble) instead of the pictures of the original three?

(ugh now that I've toyed with your beta I cant play platinum until you get this finished
wink.gif
)

It's like finished, just with some enhancements here and there if i'm bored or if there are any bugs left.
I know that SCV has managed to change the pics, but i myself don't know how to do that. The cries are there, by the way (turtwig sounding like dratini)

gameworm2.0 said:
Great hack. Is there any way that this can be patched on a mac, because that is all I have to work with. (I do not have access to things like bootcamp and parallels due to not having a copy of windows) I am really impressed with the amount that has gone into this hack.

No idea about mac.

blitzenmarie said:
Im enjoying the hack so far, but i have a couple of questions. Why is there a girl in the jubilife city pokemon center selling the exact same things that are for sale in the pokemart in the same town? I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious but its confusing me.

I was playing around, you're free to ignore it
smile.gif

QUOTE(Satangel @ May 13 2009, 03:49 PM) What would be really sweet is if you could remove some useless text from trainers or just people.
I don't want to hear all that crap, I only want to hear interesting things that help me further in the 'story'.
Especially on the beginning and ending of battles, I don't need that crap just gimme your money and be off with it!
QUOTE(x.domination @ May 13 2009, 03:55 PM)

I won't be doing that. You're free to do so by editing this file:
http://www.quickfilepost.com/download.do?g...3c0708952525823
you can then upload your changed version and i could create a new xdelta file with it... if it turns out to be good

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
this hack is good =p amazing that you replaced the starter towns two doors into the pokecenter mart and any related doors
=p also i love the insane dialogue. and i am pretty used to insane dialogue since i use it myself and i have seen such dialogue in Super Robot Taisen OG Saga =p
you are a good hacker ^^

Slyde1052

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Smartpal said:
Good jokes, mind you.

What do you want your Eevee to evolve into if you're raising it on a rainy night?

Hopefully an UMBRELLEON OR YOU'LL GET ALL WET!!! HERK HERK HERK HERK

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I thought it was really nice how you added that small EV explanation in the Pokemon School or whatever that is in Jubilife. Also, I liked how the guy in the first town mentioned the Pandora... that was a nice little easter egg.

Just wondering, do Pokemon that need to be traded to evolve still evolve the same way? What about Pokemon like Umbreon, Espeon, etc? Can those be found in the wild?

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
What the Difference ? some guy just made a mod called perfect platinum lol.
#http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154766&pid=1977695&st=0&#entry1977695

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Satangel said:
x.domination said:

Yeah, a good idea, but that's more work for the developer
tongue.gif

No, I would just prefer no text at all, that speeds up the whole game a lot and that's what Pokemon needs now.

We could find some budding writer-cum-hackers from our community who want to show us their skills...
unsure.gif

Slyde1052 said:
QUOTE(Smartpal @ May 13 2009, 10:31 AM)
Good jokes, mind you.

What do you want your Eevee to evolve into if you're raising it on a rainy night?

Hopefully an UMBRELLEON OR YOU'LL GET ALL WET!!! HERK HERK HERK HERK

rofl2.gif
We need a Parasoleon on sunny days don't we?

EDIT: Heres your Umbrelleon:

umbrelleon.jpg

Sorry I fail at using paint
frown.gif

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
War said:
Just wondering, do Pokemon that need to be traded to evolve still evolve the same way? What about Pokemon like Umbreon, Espeon, etc? Can those be found in the wild?

If you can read, you'll be in the lead
wink.gif

First post* Every trade evolution has been eliminated and replaced:

*Clamperl does now either evolve with a Water Stone into Gorebyss or by level up (level 38) into Huntail.
*Rhydon evolves into Rhyperior on Level 58.
*Electabuzz evolves into Electivire on Level 50.
*Magmar evolves into Magmortar on Level 50.
*Porygon into Porygon2 on Level 38.
*Porygon2 into Porygon-Z on Level 52.
*Dusclops into Dusknoir on Level 55.
*Seadra into Kingdra on level 49.
*Kadabra into Alakasam on level 38.
*Machoke into Machamp on lvl 40.
*Graveler into Golem on lvl 41.
*Haunter into Gengar on lvl 40.
*The rest of the trade pokemon (see: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trade#Pok.C3.A9mon_which_evolve_when_traded ) on lvl 38.

And nah, you will have to catch Eevee and evolve it.

aarjab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the readme but i dont know what to do at step 2.Choose which .xdelta patch you want to apply. What .xdelta file. Where do i get the file. i already downloaded xdelta but what .xdelta patch are you talking about.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find it funny how people are loving your for this.

remember bloody diamond? this is reminding me of that all over again.

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after i finished crystal on lameboy (with speed toggled (stil i did 60 hours : D)) i found this , tried it and its greeat ..but god damn pokemon is a slow game without speed o.0 anyway to change this? : P

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you do about Slowpoke -> Slowbro vs Slowpoke -> Slowking? Since normal evolution takes slowpoke to slowbro, and tradeing with a kingstone gets you from slowpoke to slowking.

Maybe it would be best to have pokemon that evolve via trade when holding items, evolve when you use the item they are supposed to hold on them.

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh! Good find. I forgot all about Slowbro
unsure.gif

Guess I'll fix that for the next version.
Thanks!
Are there more Pokemon that either evolve by trade or through leveling?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...