ROM Hack Pokemon Platinum: Enhanced Edition

ipeefreeli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Senbonzaku101 said:
Just a suggestion: Give Shaymin Celebi's location and give Celebi a location similar to it's G/S/C habitat. Hope I'm being vague enough.

Shaymin Hint
Listen to the Galactic Grunts.

Hm... I've already finished the Elite Four. Gotta go find me some Galactic Grunts.

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Galactic Grunts talk about it during one of the Galactic arcs, let me find you one for post-game.

Edit:
Here we are, from a consumer in the town rewarded by the Gratitude Pokemon.
Starts off as Hmm..nothing here for me

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You might also want to visit the Pokemart.

A warning though, Shaymin is basically the hardest Pokémon of all to catch in this game.
After you get the hint, you might want to look up bulbapedia and see through certain game mechanics.

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think the Seafaring and Sea Drifting are the hardest.
huh.gif

Azereus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a little suggestion.. I think you should make the areas certain Pokemon are found more suitable for them. For example I found an Onix in the grass and a Zubat while surfing down in the Orebrough gate which I found odd. I know it's hard to change every single Pokemon location but just a tip.

tarso21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice, this makes Platinum playable to me.
Also, can I find a Kabuto somewhere (like in a cave or something) or I still need to "resurrect" it from a fossil?
Sorry to bother with a somewhat stupid question.
Oh, and Dratini rules :3

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am almost done (except for the legendaries).
I just found a second minor glitch. In the back of Stark Mt, to the right, is an old trainer with a Shiftry.
Shiftry's sprite is a bit messed-up.
The first glitch was Looker's sprite, just East of Jubilife City, after the first badge. I hope that one is fixed.
I think I caught my Vulpix in the Trophy Garden.
I caught my Hippowdon on Rt 228.
I am still looking for most of the legendaries.
I worry that I started this game with a clean ROM, then Enhanced 1.0, then 1.1 and now 1.2.
Is is possible that I missed some guys? I caught all the Unown with 1.0. I did not see any thing except Unown.
I have played many of the modified ROMS. This is the best one yet!
I really wish I had a Pokemon Location guide. I also wish I could have caught a Staryu/Starmie much earlier.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BurlyEd said:
I really wish I had a Pokemon Location guide. I also wish I could have caught a Staryu/Starmie much earlier.
Working on it, though with 186+ locations in the game and up to 50 different pokemon per location...yeah, it will take a bit of time.

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
50 pokemon per location? .. what? If not the basic format has DRASTICALLY changed from diamond and pearl in terms of encounter spots, a single route has as far as I remember 12 spots for normal encounters, each 2 for morning, day, night encounters and 6 spots for each rod, 4 spots for pokeradar and another 10 for when a GBA game is plugged in. even that all togethet doesn't make 50, only 38
and even so, 38 different pokemon on one route would be ridiculously stupid and retarded.
If you make a Location guide, just read the encdata file. can't get much easier than that.

tsk.

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairytale said:
50 pokemon per location? .. what? If not the basic format has DRASTICALLY changed from diamond and pearl in terms of encounter spots, a single route has as far as I remember 12 spots for normal encounters, each 2 for morning, day, night encounters and 6 spots for each rod, 4 spots for pokeradar and another 10 for when a GBA game is plugged in. even that all togethet doesn't make 50, only 38
and even so, 38 different pokemon on one route would be ridiculously stupid and retarded.
If you make a Location guide, just read the encdata file. can't get much easier than that.

tsk.

In the encounter data files, there are 52 encounter instances per route (assuming there is grass, swim, and fishing encounters.) Obviously there are not 52 different Pokemon per route, however; the different levels you can catch the Pokemon at account for the extra instances.

Rashid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is simply amazing! (I tried it first just as soon as Beta3 was released)

Also, you need to emphasize on the fact DSTT users should try the MANUAL method. The "easy" method doesn't work.

Before I did that, I had some black lines here and there.. but now that I've did all the crap in the manual method, not only does it work smoothly (no black lines so far!) but it also trimmed the ROM for me AND cheats work. Wahoo
happy.gif

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Note I said there "could be", not "there are".

As Senbonzaku said, there are 52 possible slots for pokemon to go into:
12 normal encounter slots
2 morning encounter slots
2 day encounter slots
2 evening encounter slots
4 pokeradar slots
10 GBA-link slots
5 surfing slots
5 old rod slots
5 good rod slots
5 super rod slots

52 slots total.

EDIT: ~35% complete

EDIT2: I hit a location that seems unusual to me, a place called Mt. Coronet Route 000 Entrance. Anybody know where this place really is?

Rywiec

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Nice hack!

I have one suggestion.
When we select an attack, we see text, eg.: "Rattata used TACKLE", and, after that, the animation of attack starts. Would it be possible make both of them, the animation of attack and the text, starting in the same time? The battles would be faster.

YottaByte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To Hmn30: Make sure you are using pokesav for platinum. It works fine for me.

This is a great hack. I started to play Pokemon Platinum a bit and I was thinking this is so similar to Pearl it's not even worth playing. Then I find out that this patch was recently released and boom now I have something to do. Yay
smile.gif

I like the difficulty, it seems my Pokemon are usually only a few levels higher than the trainers, which is what I love to see. I also love to hunt for so many of the Pokemon. I noticed that some Pokemon are very rare... for example I found a weepingbell outside the Vally Windworks building (The huge patch of grass to the left of the building) and I killed it by accident, I spent a good 1-2 hours looking for another one, I couldn't find one again. I don't know if it was a glitch or what since I haven't encountered even a bellsprout there. Well I definitely found one there cause it's in my Pokedex data and everything.
The pokeradar is also a little weird because I don't know what you classify as "rare" because it seems whether the grass sparks or not, the same pokemon can be found in either patch of grass.
I like how far you've gone with this patch, very people chose to go this far because they get bored, I hope you continue and do the cool things you are thinking about doing. Maybe you can find a way to use the Pokedex to work to show where Pokemon can be found
biggrin.gif
. Or even figure out how to do it and teach someone to do it then I would be willing to do it myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack