OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
(1)I've been wondering if evolved pokemon has better stats that un-evolved pokemon. I mean better stats as in do they gain more stats per level up, or do their base stat changes. I am also wondering what a base stat is. Is a base stat stats that are predetermined for all pokemon of the same species? Are base stats a factor in the amount of stats you gain during a level up?

Example1: I start out with 2 Piplups, the two are exactly the same, same Iv's and are going to be Ev trained the same way. One Piplup evolves exactly when it is supposed to evolve (Piplup->lvl14->Prinplup->lvl36->Empoleon), while the other is trained to Level 98 as a Piplup, and then evolved into a prinplup at level 99 and finally an Empoleon at level 100.

1. Will the 2 Pokemon have the same stats? (yes or no question).
2. (if no) What contributed to the stats being different.

Example2: Start out with the same Piplups at the beginning of example1. They are trained in the exact same way to level 14. One Piplup remains a piplup, while the other evolves into an Prinplup. They each level once, trained the same way.

1. Will they both gain the same amount of stats? (yes or no question).
2. (If no) Which Pokemon gained more? (Piplup or Prinplup)

(2)I've also wondered about the effects of rare candy on a Pokemon. Yes, I am aware that they level up your Pokemon at every use, and they also raise the said Pokemon's level of happiness(?), but I've heard much negative talk about the use of rare candy on Pokemon. Does a rare candy lower the amount of stats you gain per level?

Example1: I start out with 2 equal (stat wise, level wise, gender wise, nature wise, and all the other wises) Piplups. I Ev train them in the same exact stats, same exact way. When they hit level 36, the Piplups evolved into Empoleons and have gained 510 Ev's, 252 in attack, 252 in special attack, and 6 in defense. (

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 No the base stats will increase (it will always be there)
2 same as the first
the others(no offense) i was too lazy to read(too long and kind of boring)

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
but this is pokemon plat that we are talking here, doesn't each pokemon have their own EV and IV values, so i don think that 2 of the same pokemon will end up with the same stats, there will be some differences.

As for your first question, if i am correct, seriibii has some info on that, but generally, the evolved form will have a different growth i guess

Siegmund Fretzga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Example1: 1. Will the 2 Pokemon have the same stats? (yes or no question).
2. (if no) What contributed to the stats being different. Yes

QUOTE said:
Example2: 1. Will they both gain the same amount of stats? (yes or no question).
2. (If no) Which Pokemon gained more? (Piplup or Prinplup) No, Prinplup, Stats are fixed per level +EV+ IV

Example1: 1. Will they end up with the same exact stats? (yes or no question)
2. (if no)Which one had the lower stats? (Empoleon A- the battling one, or Empoleon B- the one with the sweet tooth)
Yes, it may seem the Stats are less because you may not get the EV.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
HisInfernalMajesty said:
(1)I've been wondering if evolved pokemon has better stats that un-evolved pokemon. I mean better stats as in do they gain more stats per level up, or do their base stat changes. I am also wondering what a base stat is. Is a base stat stats that are predetermined for all pokemon of the same species? Are base stats a factor in the amount of stats you gain during a level up?
Most evolved Pokemon of the same family (Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur etc) have better base stats (exception for example would be Scyther and Scizor. Scizor switched Scyther's speed base stat and defense base stat around). Base stats are just part of a massive formula that gives your your Pokemon's stats. Each Pokemon of each species has the same base stats, but not necessarily the same actual stats.

Example1: I start out with 2 Piplups, the two are exactly the same, same Iv's and are going to be Ev trained the same way. One Piplup evolves exactly when it is supposed to evolve (Piplup->lvl14->Prinplup->lvl36->Empoleon), while the other is trained to Level 98 as a Piplup, and then evolved into a prinplup at level 99 and finally an Empoleon at level 100.

1. Will the 2 Pokemon have the same stats? (yes or no question). I'm not sure but I do not think so. You forgot to take into consideration natures.
2. (if no) What contributed to the stats being different.

Example2: Start out with the same Piplups at the beginning of example1. They are trained in the exact same way to level 14. One Piplup remains a piplup, while the other evolves into an Prinplup. They each level once, trained the same way.

1. Will they both gain the same amount of stats? (yes or no question). No
2. (If no) Which Pokemon gained more? (Piplup or Prinplup) Prinplup will have more stats gained because it has better base stats, for example Piplup may only get +1 special attack when it gets leveled, but Prinplup with its higher base stats may get +2

(2)I've also wondered about the effects of rare candy on a Pokemon. Yes, I am aware that they level up your Pokemon at every use, and they also raise the said Pokemon's level of happiness(?), but I've heard much negative talk about the use of rare candy on Pokemon. Does a rare candy lower the amount of stats you gain per level?

Example1: I start out with 2 equal (stat wise, level wise, gender wise, nature wise, and all the other wises) Piplups. I Ev train them in the same exact stats, same exact way. When they hit level 36, the Piplups evolved into Empoleons and have gained 510 Ev's, 252 in attack, 252 in special attack, and 6 in defense. (

HisInfernalMajes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. This was really helpful.

Now, correct me if I am wrong.

A base stat varys between species of Pokemon. Base stats affect how much of a certain stat a Pokemon gains during a level up(Aside from Ev's). Evolution not only affects a Pokemon's looks and move sets. but it also affects the base stats.

Rare candy's sole purpose is to level up a Pokemon. If a Pokemon gains 510 Ev's, rare candy's will have no negative effects. (That is to say, it will not make the Pokemon inferior to an exact same Pokemon stat wise)

That is what I gathered from these questions. If you have anything to add, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 😭