cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks vvedge for helping them out
smile.gif

Searinox said:
The cheats do not appear to be working on Platinum and Diamond. I'm using SCDS-1, the cheats DO appear when loading the ROMs but wether activated or inactive they appear to do nothing. Tested with both old 3in1 gba-sized and new 3in1(not plus). Patching the ROMs makes it all work though. What are the cheats doing different from the patch?

EDIT: I noticed cory's post to which you put the link is over 3 weeks old. Pokepatch was updated after that post so maybe cory needs to supply newer cheats?
I tested those codes on an R4 and an AK2, they are definitely working but maybe there is something odd with SCDS1's cheat system that I am not aware of. They are using the 'old' patch method which does not allow for larger SRAM bankswitch code, and thus are only going to work with 3in1. Can you send me your resulting CC file? I'll look and see that it's converter-ed properly and passing that try and verify that SCDS1 supports those code types (though it's entirely possible SC is patching something related too, that gets 'lost' when the patch is applied as it can't find the hex to patch.)
QUOTE(stefanvdl @ May 4 2009, 03:24 PM) When I flash a clean Fire Red rom to the 3-in-1 NOR, the patched Platinum game gives the migration option, but then it says something about an altered DS clock...
This is why I wasn't able to test until vvedge gave me his save recently - you cannot migrate if the DS game's save was initially created on a different DS, there appears to be at least one exception as I was able to use vvedge's diamond save - in your case the exception isn't the rule, either you got the save from someone else or you initialized/created it on a different DS.

If I ever come across a real/physical game card for any of these at used/trashbin prices I'll look into making a loader (dsflashcart+3in1->homebrew->swap in, patch, load retail cart.) Until then (probably sometime around the day hell freezes over), you could always look around for tools to dump the save of the retail game and use it on a ROM, then pop it back into the cart when done.

XP105

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a note, but there is a pokesav for platinum now (and it works
biggrin.gif
). I don't know if this had been mentioned or not, but I thought I'd point it out.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
cory1492 said:
I tested those codes on an R4 and an AK2, they are definitely working but maybe there is something odd with SCDS1's cheat system that I am not aware of. They are using the 'old' patch method which does not allow for larger SRAM bankswitch code, and thus are only going to work with 3in1. Can you send me your resulting CC file? I'll look and see that it's converter-ed properly and passing that try and verify that SCDS1 supports those code types (though it's entirely possible SC is patching something related too, that gets 'lost' when the patch is applied as it can't find the hex to patch.)
http://rapidshare.com/files/230994093/3541.scc.html

Here ya go. Do you have a supercard?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, no supercard here - but I was able to check your output against my own and can confirm that it should be OK. And, as far as I can tell I didn't use any unsupported code types either, though I did find plenty of complaints regarding the .scc file format
wacko.gif
(looked at it in a hex editor and it definitely looks a lot less complicated than say, figuring out ARDS code types from the ARDS engine.)

I'll revise the cheat format sometime this week and we'll see if that cures it for DSOne, there are a couple things in those codes I didn't like/wasn't entirely sure about in the first place (like trying to set a register that can't even be set from arm7, where most cheat engines apparently run.)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
There's a buncha oddities with the SC cheat engine. Like you sometimes disable all cheats and one stubborn cheat continues to be reapplied, like Zelda's full life cheat.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess the other option would be to entirely self-contain the patch code (currently the patcher only 'self-contains' the bankswitch code, other code is patched into arm9) and make the process only activate when a shoulder button is held at startup.

asthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi.
i have a question well the migration code or the patching work in a fake game like emerald but its in a gba flashcard got a scammed too many times
Edit : oh well i tried the code but nothing guess i have to buy a Ez soon

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
No it won't work with it. I have a bootlegged Sapphire too and the 3in1 code doesn't grant compatibility. Albeit I've not tried patching it for OTHER flashcarts. Presumably the bootlegged Emerald you have saves to SRAM and its scheme isn't too different from the flashcarts out there. By the way from personal experience with 4 bootlegged Pokemon carts, the battery will last 6 months at most. You can still use the GBA backup tool to extract the SAV off your bootleg then migrate on the PC with Pokesav.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I think I have the code pretty much ready then, just a couple small adjustments to the patcher to be made and some questions that need answering. What button, and should the button disable or enable the patch when held at bootup (ie: by default should the patched rom work like an unpatched one, or vice versa?)

Note that even with disabled patch this still will be modifying part of the game that cheat code db resolves game hash/ID from, not sure what things like SC's savelist/reboot patches use to do so.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi cory1492.

I'm following this thread and your progress. So far you're offering:

1 A DS ROM patch to allow migration from several GBA flashcarts. This also allows to unlock NDS pokemon which require an inserted GBA cart in order to appear (dongle method).
2 AR codes which do the same when used on selected DS flashcards + EZ 3-in-1 (only?) on GBA slot.
3 WIP: a revamped DS ROM patch which allow to enable/disable (1) when booting the game.

I would like to ask for a simplification? of 2: could you create AR codes which just activate the dongle method *without* any physical device in GBA slot? Here is a full description of how it works and requirements/limitations. Results are different depending on the "inserted" pokemon GBA game (R/S/E/FR/LG).

Thanks in advance.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wait... does this only work with 3in1? Because i have an EZ-Flash III, and wanting to know what the capability of this is for. I noticed that someone make work in progress going.

vvedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Tac 21 :
if you're talking about the AR code, then yes it only work for 3in1
if you're talking about the patch then it should work with EZF III
From Cory1492's blog :
QUOTE said:
I just finished working and testing on this a short while ago - new cards are now supported (EZ I/II/III/IV and Flash Advanced/F2Au.) This marks a huge change in the patching method, making it really simple to add other cards as bankswitching and ROM setup code is known.

VVedge

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a "dongle method only" code along with the full code (they were merged into the recent cheat code lists in the first "game" placeholder section), test it and let me know if it works (should work with any flashcart that you can boot directly to the ROM on a GBA without a menu of any kind.) In fact, the full code should do the same thing that the dongle method only one does (spoof the FLASH ID check.)

Tac 21, the patcher will work with EZ3 for migration, I tested it myself - you just have to have the ROM as 'last loaded' so it's on EZ3's NOR.

I had hoped I'd have time to finish off the new enable/disable method this week, it's looking like it's not gonna happen though (truly, the work that is left is just testing and about 5 lines of C code.)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Cory I think SELECT is the most appropriate button to hold to activate the patch. So this cheat will be applied even if it's not checked in the cheat menu?

Or do I IPS patch the ROM and then the ROM itself knows to activate 3in1 mode at SELECT on its own?

invinciblemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmm i got a problem in migration of the pokemon from fire red.
Im using a cyclods and a EZflash IV (mini sd).
The fire red gba rom is the only rom loaded in the NOR of my EZflash IV. And my rom is patch through the EZ client and only add save patch was applied to the rom.
On the menu of the pokemon platinum i can see the option migrate from fire red but after i choose the pokemon i want to migrate is always show save error and no migration was done and it would corrupt both of my pokemon save.
Im i the only 1 facing this problem??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh, no need to apologize. Thanks for asking.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You ever played Super Mario Crossover Flash?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its one of the best Mario games in Flash, where you can choose from a number of different Nintendo characters to play as.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i already told you i did play it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Oh, I honestly don't remember, it was a long while ago I imagine.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it was like a couple months ago
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Man, the new art of Callie from Splatoon's Twitter account looks so amazing and cute
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, any other nostalgic flash games you played?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sweet new south parks out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 5GB for one episode
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol I can watch it free
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons