Gaming POLL: What search engine do you use?

Huh?

• Google

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Yahoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bing

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • DuckDuckGo

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Ecosia

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • SearchScene

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like DuckDuckGo CEO decided to cut the legs out from under his own company..

Yep, they can DuckDuckGoFuckThemselves. I've been testing out some alternatives such as MetaGer and a couple different Searx instances over the past few days. They all kind of suck, but are still good enough for most basic searches. I occasionally had to break down and use Google anyway when I was on DDG.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like DuckDuckGo CEO decided to cut the legs out from under his own company..

That shit pissed me off. I don't even care/purposely seek out Russian propaganda. Just add something next to the BBC and RT search result, that says they're owned by the UK gov and Russian gov, same with every other gov owned news website. Don't meddle with my search results, if I wanted that, I'd just use Google.

Something like this.
Screenshot_20220313_175031.png

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Duckduckgo is great. I can appreciate a search engine which seeks to return accurate and relevant results based on the user's search queries. That is how a search engine works, that's the whole point. A search engine which *doesn't* use an algorithm to sort the most accurate results at the top will never see much use. The controversy is way overblown.

Aside from a company trying to get good PR points with "look how much we care, look how good we're doing!" which is always a bit dubious, but I have better things to spend my time worrying about.

Last edited by Takokeshi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @OctoAori20, probably fine