Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
bowser said:
What's all this about potato packs and ARG?
wacko.gif
AFAIK - 'Potato pack' is a group of Indie Games that (some) have had additional content added that is based on the new Portal 2 game (like extra tunes/graphics etc)

Not to sure about the 'ARG' bit though - might have something to do with the 'bars' filling up & once filled - then 'Portal 2' is unlocked

If i'm correct ARG stands for "alternate reality game" and i believe that refers to all the additional/modified portal content in the games from the potato sack.

And i've just realized something: it's released 3pm here in UK (via steam) so i can click play the second it comes out!

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Val, a guest from the Portal 2 group chat room, seems to have some problems...
A friend of mine told me to speak to him. He helped me out for quite a bit until he had to go. I made things up as I went with it...

Berthenk: What is this weird sound I receive when I start a voice chat with you?
Val: my mind
Berthenk: Your mind seems weird to me.
Berthenk: Seriously though, for something like that to be your mind...
Berthenk: Really, what is it that I seem to hear when I start a voice chat with you?
Val: my mind
Val: as I said
Berthenk: Mind explaining why that is your mind?
Berthenk: Or how your mind works?
Val: I don't like to talk about it
Val: horrible accident
Val: few survivors
Val: i still have nightmares about it
Berthenk: Nightmares? Can you describe the accident for me?
Val: I SAID
Val: I DON'T LIKE TO TALK ABOUT IT
Berthenk: I'm a psychologist, I can help you!
Val: NO
Val: LEAVE ME ALONE
Berthenk: I want to help you.
Val: NO
Berthenk: I'm trying to get all (or most) problems out of the world, problem after problem, and yours is on my list.
Berthenk: I think you deserve the help you can get.
Val: YOU JUST WANNA LOCK ME AWAY MAN
Berthenk: No, I don't. Why would I?
Val: THEY ALL WANNA LOCK ME AWAY
Berthenk: All? Who are they? Do they give reasons as to why they want to lock you away?
Berthenk: If you don't tell me more I can't help you out.
Val: BACK AWAY MAN BACK AWAY
Val: HOW CAN I TRUST YOU
Berthenk: You can trust me. I've been trustworthy throughout my whole life and have been a psychologist for as long as I can remember. I've helped a lot of people and am bound by an oath I swore to not tell anyone of someone's problems.
Berthenk: You know, just between you and me, I've had to deal with a lot of problems, ranging from multiple personalities, to people with autism.
Val has ended the call.
Val: i want a negotiator
Berthenk: A negotiator? For what?
Val: I WANT A NEGOTIATOR MAN
Val: I'M CRAZY
Val: I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU
Berthenk: Why would you do that? Are you not aware that you'll get into more and more trouble by doing so?
Berthenk: And besides that, you can't hurt me, because I'm here for good.
Berthenk: Just tell me what's on your mind, I'm quite confident that I'm able to help you out!
Val: i want a plane to cuba
Val: and $25000
Berthenk: A plane to Cuba? $25000? You know, besides that, I've got some potatoes over here. Would you like one too? They are very tasteful and full of vitamins. Not only that, they're known to help with mental and physical problems.
Val: I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN POTATOES
Berthenk: Then what is it that you want, beside a plane to Cuba and $25000?
Berthenk: What do you want to do in Cuba anyway? Launch some rockets with your $25000 and kill all of humanity?
Val: YOU'RE ASKING TOO MANY QUESTIONS MAN
Berthenk: That's part of me helping you. I need to know more of you before I can help you sort out your problems.
Berthenk: Helping people has always been a hobby of mine, you know? It started when I was only a wee 10 years old with some guys having a fight in class. I somehow managed to stop the fight and they became friends afterwards!
Berthenk: Not only that, all people in class became more friendly after that and always came to me with their problems that needed fixing.
Berthenk: So I decided I would like to make that as my job. I did some more studies, here, in the Netherlands, and aced all exams that were thrown at me because I just damn liked the subject.
Val: I WANT A LAWYER
Val: AND MY PHONECALL
Berthenk: Actually, I've been contacted by someone else, someone whose name I'm not allowed to mention because of legal and moral oaths I swore. I am the lawyer you're looking for.
Berthenk: Please, hurry up with your decision, my time is limited.
Val: BACK OFF MAN JUST BACK OFF
Berthenk: No, I won't back off untill I've been able to help you with your programs, so either you spill it out now or I keep bugging you untill you do.
Berthenk: So, are you going to get it out anytime soon?
Berthenk: You know, playing Garry's Mod won't fix your problems.
Val is now playing Garry's Mod. Click here to join.
Berthenk: You're trying to block me aren't you?
Berthenk: You're trying to block me out of your thoughts.
Val: GOAPJSAFA I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T HEAR YOU ALALALALA
Berthenk: Do you enjoy playing games like Garry's Mod?
Berthenk: Me, I love those kind of games.
Berthenk: If Garry's Mod wasn't crashing on me right now, I'd be playing it.
Berthenk: Garry's Mod is also a hobby of mine, besides solving problems. Problems like yours.
Berthenk: So I take it that your problem has been solved already, seeing as you don't need help anymore.
Berthenk: Why are you not responding on my calls anymore?
Berthenk: You seem to have some serious problems, but don't want them to be solved... what's wrong with you!?
Berthenk: I'l get to you another time...
Berthenk: Goodbye. For now...

Edit: I think Val's in on the ARG.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! A reckless disregard for gravity had just been completed and Rush is very close now. So that's nearly 4 out of 13, 9 to go.

At this rate it won't be completed until after Portal 2's official release.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Whoa quick everyone - something is happening @ http://www.aperturescience.com/glados@home/

QUOTE said:
20:20 - Calculations complete for BIT.TRIP BEAT. Recalculating a new launch projection...
10:50 - Engaging starch-based power cells
11:00 - Reboot safety test protocol initiated...
11:00 - Relaxation chamber locks released...
11:00 - Involuntary hazard mitigation associates have assumed testing positions...
11:00 - Pre-release lethality assessment initiated...
And that 'Auxilary Power' is rapidly counting down .....

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Whoa quick everyone - something is happening @ http://www.aperturescience.com/glados@home/

QUOTE said:
20:20 - Calculations complete for BIT.TRIP BEAT. Recalculating a new launch projection...
10:50 - Engaging starch-based power cells
11:00 - Reboot safety test protocol initiated...
11:00 - Relaxation chamber locks released...
11:00 - Involuntary hazard mitigation associates have assumed testing positions...
11:00 - Pre-release lethality assessment initiated...
And that 'Auxilary Power' is rapidly counting down .....
And the big "ACTIVE TEST SUBJECTS" number at the top is now NINE instead of ZERO.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gah! Valve why do you have to mess with our minds!? What time shall i set my alarm for tomorrow? 7:00am GMT perhaps, or do you reckon it'll release before that?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
5:40?! I'm not waking up that early. I usually don't wake up until about 9:30 during holidays so i guess i should still try to wake up earlier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?