Hacking Possible to Launch Official Game from HBC or USB Loader

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried Libwiigameload and it starts to read the game but then just freezes. Are there any other programs that I can run from the HBC or an USB Loader that will launch an official game using the correct IOS (i.e. IOS56 for GH5, instead of a cIOS). I know several of the USB Loaders can launch from disc but they run the game with a cIOS (just like a backup launcher). I was thinking of Gecko OS, but I am looking for something a little on the lighter side, I don't need all the cheating options.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Far as I knew launching a retail game from NeoGamma launches it like normal...I play Metroid Prime Trilogy that way to bypass the system update and it seems to run full speed and everything

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I wasn't aware of that, I shall give it a go.
OK no go, unless there is something I am missing, I used neogamma r7 and it will boot the disc, but it behaves like it is loaded with a cIOS. RB2 DLC content on SD card shows has out of date, when redownloaded it is copied to SD card but not deleted off the NAND.
I believe I also discovered the problem with libwiigameload, I think it loads every game with IOS36 (I'm sure when it was programmed most games were using that), since my retail Wii Sports launches fine, but my retail RB2 (that needs IOS37) fails and it informs me it is attempting to load with IOS36.

OK looks like Gecko OS works the way I want, I don't suppose anyone knows if there is an autobooting version of it out there? and also if there is a custom IOS forwarder for it?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gecko OS is the only program that actually reads the disc and checks what ISO it needs and then uses that IOS to boot the game.

what exactly are you trying to accomplish with this?

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying Gecko OS but it isn't working smoothly. Anyway what I am trying to achieve is to have preloader boot WiiFlow and use that has my system menu replacement. But I still have to run RB2 from the disc via IOS 37 (I believe that is the one it uses) to allow my to access the DLC on the SD card. If I use a backup launcher (neogamma) or a usb loader (wiiflow) I have the problems with DLC on a SD card that comes with using a cIOS. Since with my current setup the only way to access the SM is to load up preloader and select it I was trying to find a way around that. Also Gecko OS seems to be interfering with the Music Store and throwing up 204XXX errors that aren't there when I load via the disc channel.

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its not a backup its an original disc, does it just give me choices of cIOSes (i.e. 222, 223, 249) or any IOS (i.e. 36, 37, 38, 56, etc)?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
Well its not a backup its an original disc, does it just give me choices of cIOSes (i.e. 222, 223, 249) or any IOS (i.e. 36, 37, 38, 56, etc)?
it should still work with originals.
its let you choose any IOS [36,37,38,222,223,249]
download softchip r100
and then press + to choose your IOS
the directions are on screen.

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much xzxero, softchip works perfectly I have it set to autoload with IOS 37 since RB2 is the only game I run from disc, and my DLC works perfectly when launching it from the HBC, now if only I could find a custom IOS forwarder for softchip my life would be complete. Many thanks again, I am now free from the system menu :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==