Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

WantMyMTV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Not possible to do anything with the DSi XL. Only DS functions are usable. Cameras and the SD slot can't be used with the flashcart at all. DSi mode is not cracked either.
I'd suppose I'd recommend an iEDGE considering it's interface is a bit like an R4 with those 3 buttons. (Don't know if it has folder support but I'm pretty sure that game button only shows .nds files)
You can convert everything into .dpg with moonshell 2 tools. Then you can watch with moonshell 2. I don't know if everything will fit btw.

Remember that if you do get an iEDGE you need to update its bootstrap. Oh can your son handle pressing no to enabling cheats when he starts a game.

So, if he wants to watch movies or take pictures then he just needs to remove the firmware cart and if he wants to play DS games on the DSi XL then he'll just put the iEDGE or R4Di or Acerkard 2i into the cartridge slot?

And by the way...thank you...I had not looked at the iEDGE...

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WantMyMTV said:
BoxShot said:
Not possible to do anything with the DSi XL. Only DS functions are usable. Cameras and the SD slot can't be used with the flashcart at all. DSi mode is not cracked either.
I'd suppose I'd recommend an iEDGE considering it's interface is a bit like an R4 with those 3 buttons. (Don't know if it has folder support but I'm pretty sure that game button only shows .nds files)
You can convert everything into .dpg with moonshell 2 tools. Then you can watch with moonshell 2. I don't know if everything will fit btw.

Remember that if you do get an iEDGE you need to update its bootstrap. Oh can your son handle pressing no to enabling cheats when he starts a game.

So, if he wants to watch movies or take pictures then he just needs to remove the firmware cart and if he wants to play DS games on the DSi XL then he'll just put the iEDGE or R4Di or Acerkard 2i into the cartridge slot?

He watches movies through the flashcart. THings like the camera are turned off as soon as he selects the flashcart from the DSi menu. While he's at the menu, he can still access the camera, even if the flashcart is inserted.

QUOTE(drugbringer @ Apr 6 2010, 02:50 AM)
Hello all! First time poster, Just learning everything I can about the NDS scene. Figured this would be a good place to get some general info.

Use?: Playing NDS games. GBA a plus. Wouldn't mind messing with Homebrew and movie files, but I have know idea what to want
smile.gif

Price Range?: anything below 40 is fine. Don't mind a bit higher if it's awesome, but less money is always good.
Slot 1/2? Don't care. I guess .
Built in or expandable memory? I'd prefer expandable. I don't have an SD card, but I like the idea of being able to control these things.
Special features? Real Time saves. Mame and SNES9 and Vboy have gotten me hooked on it. I would never have beaten half the games I played on them without it
smile.gif

Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard, CycloDS, EDGE, M3 Real/Zero
Other?

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Sure
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Don't care (Do people really want their handheld to rumble?)
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? I don't even know if my DS fat CAN Browse the web?

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?

So, I've been looking for a Flashcart for a day or two.

I know that AceKard dosen't support RTS, but it DOES have the best compatibility, which is really important to me.

Support is really what I'm asking about here. It's what's hardest to tell at a glance. For example, I really want to be able to play the new Pokemon stuff, but the card I was looking at the most, the R3, has the most problems. Is this usual? Or am I worrying for no reason? I don't want to make a kneejerk descion just because this one game is taking a little bit longer.
Wait for the Supercard DS2

drugbringer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of the DS2, but I was skeptical.

I mean, it seems pretty sweet features wise, but is it a good idea to bet on something unreleased?

drugbringer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks. This is just the kind of information I wanted
smile.gif

That said, I did some looking up, and wow... 50 bucks huh? That's kinda pricey.

If I said Emulation wasn't as big a deal (But I still want RTS) would the answer change?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drugbringer said:
Many thanks. This is just the kind of information I wanted
smile.gif

That said, I did some looking up, and wow... 50 bucks huh? That's kinda pricey.

If I said Emulation wasn't as big a deal (But I still want RTS) would the answer change?
Supercard DSONEi

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think 50 bucks isnt really bad considering i payed about 23 for the onei and 20 for the 3in1(just for gba and stuff)

the dsonei firmware is beautiful similar to windows perhaps, there are beautiful skins to download and are easy to change.

i think that real time save isnt available when soft reset or cheats are enabled, but i have not tried this feature .. i usually save within the game itself as normal. maybe that is fixed in evo sp2 update (wich i havent updated mine yet)

all key features for the dsonei with evo firmware are easy to use.
press L, R, A, B, X, Y ALL AT ONCE and it brings up a menu.

real time game guide is what i like... ever get stumped in a game? go online to find answers?
save all the text to a file , store on card, assign text file to that game.

urotsukidoji

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok currently in my DS lite i had an r4 slot 1 and an m3 lite movie player in slot 2

but after looking around and my r4 going through the wash a few times LOL dont ask how but it has and is kinda glitchy but still runs.

So what im after really is a Slot one that does all the NDS games and such easy layout simply like an R4 but i would like to be able to use in in my DSi when i can, and if it can run GBA stuff thats a bonus since thats the only reason i carry the DS lite with me =] any extra features are a bonus.

For the slot 2 card it runs fine but will give mine to a mate if there is something better out there. I want slot 2 card that runs fine with a slot 1 and gives me maximum storage so 2 x 8/16GB sd cards would be perfect.

So basically i know there isnt a perfect combo but i want best of the best that there is atm.

Use? NDS Games/Homebrew/Music/Video
Price Range? No issue
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD card supports 8gb / 16gb
GBA compatibility? Would prefer it but dont mind since i will get a slot 2 (but would like a slot 1 if they do it for my dsi)
Special features? Not bothered too much maybe SDHC compatibility, automatic DLDI etc
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular acekard

Use? GBA/GB etc Games/Homebrew/Music/Video
Price Range? No issue
Slot 1/2? 2
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD card supports 8gb / 16gb
GBA compatibility? Slot 2 card will be mainly for GBA games etc but wouldnt mind if it can do other things
Special features? Not bothered too much maybe SDHC compatibility, automatic DLDI etc
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular acekard

kind regards

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHECK INTO GETTING THE UPERCARD DSTWO. IT IS A DSI CART(DSL COMPATABLE) THAT SUPPORTS GBA DIRECTLY FROM THE SLOT 1 FOR DSI SINCE THERE IS NO SLOT 2...

AS FAR AS A SLOT1 + SLOT 2 COMBO...IN MY OPINION I GUESS THE DSTWO IS A COMBO IN A WAY. BUT THE ONLY AVAILABLE SLOT 2 IS THE EZFLASH V 3IN1. RARE CAN U FIND OTHER, AND MAY BE PRICEY.

AS FAR AS COMPATABILITY WITH ALL DS GAMES... THEY SAY ACEKARD2/I HAS THE FASTEST UPDATES...BUT I BELIEVE ALL THE NEWER GENERATION SLOT 1 DEVICE HAS AUTO DLDI AND ALL CLEAN(UNPATCHED OR MODIFIED) BACKUPS SHOULD RUN FINE.

I PERSONALLY OWN A DSTT (IT RUNS OK...KINDA GLITCHY WITH GAME CRASHES/FREEZING WHILE LOADING ETC DONT KNOW WHY MIGHT BE THE SD CARD) BUT HAVE NOT HAD ANY GAME NOT RUN AFTER A COUPLE OF TRIES.

I PERSONALLY OWN SUPERCARD DSONEI. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!! GAMES RUN GREAT, WORKS WITH THE 3IN1 FOR GBA BACKUPS...

I DONT REALLY MESS WITH HOMEBREW, MUSIC OR VIDEO SO NO COMMENT THERE

LukePounds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? DS Games, SNES Emulation, Genesis Emulation, GBA, Maybe Videos
Price Range? None
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expand
Special features? idk
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Ace,M3,Cyclo,G6
Other? Already Tried r4

Support slot-2 GBA? yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? no
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? yes

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LukePounds said:
Use? DS Games, SNES Emulation, Genesis Emulation, GBA, Maybe Videos
Price Range? None
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expand
Special features? idk
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Ace,M3,Cyclo,G6
Other? Already Tried r4

Support slot-2 GBA? yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? no
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? yes

If you're interested in emulation in general, I would suggest that you get a Supercard DStwo.
It has an integrated processor that can already emulate GBA games (although not perfectly), and will soon offer a SNES emulator too. With an SDK being released for DStwo, you can expect more dedicated emus in the future.

Genesis and SNES emulation already exists, as jEnesisDS and SNEmulDS, but neither are that great, having issues like speed or graphical errors.

If you're interested in playing GBA games perfectly, you can buy an EZ flash 3in1, it can be used with any Slot-1 flashcart, on a DS Lite, but not a DSi/XL.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Use? DS Games, bit of homebrew, movies, and the occasional GBA (has to support my EZ Flash 3 in 1, which I think all do)
Price Range? Up to $20
Slot 1/2? Slot 1, slot 2 is outdated. xD
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable, built-in is terrible (bad experience after DS-X, a few years ago)
Special features? RTS would be nice to have.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular
Other? I've used/owned the following carts in the past: DS-X, DSTT, R4, Acekard 2i, so don't recommend them please.
smile.gif

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Yes

riverchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's the only one i know that has RTS, and you have used all the major ones.....so yeah. Surely you can spend 3$ more? If you don't REALLY NEED RTS, get an Ak 2.1

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind not having RTS, then an AK2.1 with AKAIO would be ideal. But if you MUST have it then the only thing that fits your requirements would be an EZ Flash V as it has RTS as well as EZ Flash 3in1 support.

Inquisitor1

Trophies
XP
Country
Use? DS Games only
Price Range? 0-20$
Slot 1/2? slot1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
Special features? Can't think of anything, don't want anything fancy
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular r4 and acekard 2.1
Other? tried DS-X
I don't think I want anything else than to play old and newest DS games, since I have PSP and iPhone for wifi and movies and emulators. I'm looking at (both with 2GB micro sd included) r4 wood for 13$ from the shop in r4wood thread and acekard 2.1 for 22$. Is r4 wood really nice enough for my simple needs? Is the acekard worth the extra 9 bucks? or maybe there is something else to look into?
Support slot-2 GBA?no
Support slot-2 rumble packs?no
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)?no

tyson171

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? DS Games, and Near Perfect Gba (namely Mother 3 translated)
Price Range? Max of 70
Slot 1/2? Whichever works better
Built in or expandable memory? Probably both, expandable for ds and built in for gba (really doesn't matter though)
Special features? RTS would be nice to have
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: Acekard 2.1, EFA-Linker, M3 DS REAL + Gba Expansion (most seem to have rumble as well)
Other? See Below

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs?
Yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? No

Hey everyone, I can't make up my mind about which flashcards to get? I really want "just" a flashcart for ds with nothing fancy, and I want another flash cart to play near perfect gba games. (most important reason I want this is to play mother 3 translated on "real" hardware!)

So i'm torn between the Acekard 2.1 and the EFA-Linker 512Mbit Long Card Edition for gba for 67 dollars, or just get the M3 DS Real - Rumble & GBA Expansion Pack for 44 dollars?

I know the m3 combo pack is cheaper, but I read briefly about some save issues and long load times with the m3, which kind of steered me to the efa-linker, the efa-linker just cost sooooo much!

I'll be using this on a ds lite, and really just want "simple" flash cart for ds, and near perfect gba games! I know there is the supercard with built in gba emulator, but I want gba to run on real hardware, not emulated (and snes emu isn't anywhere near where I would want it, plus i collect snes so I play everything on real hardware there too!)

Anyone have any suggestions? I just can't decide!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou