RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
anyone looking for a good card, either with a slot 2 or jsut a slot 1 by itself I suggest M3Real(for dslite and dsphat) or M3iZero(DSi) great quality card for far less than the cyclods. If you need a slot 2 go with the M3Real Perfect Bundle, it really is the best combo for playing nds and gba games(yes you can get the cyclo and the ez3in1 but that's nearly $70 compared to about $35 for the m3 perfect bundle), and it offers just as many features and the same compatibility of the cyclods.

mymemorial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys! ^^

I think it's useless to create a new thread, so I hope I'll get some replies from here =)
Well, I have a north-american Nintendo DSi, 1.4U
And of course, I'm looking for a good flashcart. Now here's what I'm looking for :

What's the BEST flashcart out today?

1. Acekard
2. EZ-Flash
3. M3 Adapter

Like... Which one has the most options that others don't have ?

Also, we all know that Nintendo is ready to update DSi to 1.5 so it can block all the flashcarts.
So do these flashcarts need only an update without having to buying them again ?
Like, when you guys switched from 1.3 to 1.4, could you still use the same carts with only an update?
Which one failed to update to 1.4 and obliged you to buy a new one ?

I have 2 more questions please :

1. Is it a good idea to buy one now ? or wait until DSi switch to 1.5 to buy one ?
2. Where can I purchase one ? I live in Canada...

Thanks a lot in advance!
And I'm really sorry but I'm really new in the flashcarts world...

mymemorial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for your reply! =)

I'm still confused about which one to take between the 3, but I guess I'll just go with the M3i Zero then...
And yeah you're right, we still don't know when the 1.5 will come out, plus I've got only 1 game for my DSi since December, time to look for new ones! =p

Thank you for the link by the way ^^

mei.pah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mymemorial thanks for asking these questions. I am in the same spot as you.

PharaohsVizier I have couple additional questions if you don't mind answering them.

1) I am replacing a DS TopToy which of these cards would be the most similar in use and menu wise to the DSTT?

2) What do you think about the iTouch2? The reviews I have read seem favorable and I like the idea of continuing to use the Cheat DB which I think the Acekard can't.

Thanks in advance.

kraicero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi gbatemp,

I have an old R4 (model with defective spring), and I'm getting a new flashcart for my friend as a birthday present.

Use? Games
Price Range? Roughly 40, max 60, no min (for the flashcart itself, no expandable memory)
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? SDHC compatibility, automatic DLDI, whatever else is better (I only know the basics)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I've heard m3 and cyclo have better features

P.S. Anyone know when the Slot-1 Flashcart Comparison Chart will be back up? (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=39)

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kraicero said:
Hi gbatemp,

I have an old R4 (model with defective spring), and I'm getting a new flashcart for my friend as a birthday present.

Use? Games
Price Range? Roughly 40, max 60, no min (for the flashcart itself, no expandable memory)
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? SDHC compatibility, automatic DLDI, whatever else is better (I only know the basics)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I've heard m3 and cyclo have better features

P.S. Anyone know when the Slot-1 Flashcart Comparison Chart will be back up? (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=39)
I recommend the SuperCard, since the firmware can be totally updated in case Nintendo try's to block it.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
That would depend on whether kraicero's friend has a DSi or a DS lite/Phat...

@kraicero I'd recommend CycloDS.

dday3212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to all u cyclo users, im coming from an m3 real and was wondering if playing gba games on a cyclo is a hassle or is it just as easy as the M3. also is the system interface of the cyclo as good as sakura?

YeOldeGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently found myself looking for a flashcard for my DS lite and did a couple of weeks research before I ordered. I basically wanted a card that would work without issues. To me this means company and community support for the product. I narrowed my choice down to the Acekard 2i and the CycloDS. Both cards seem to have a very good support system from the community. I also wanted a card that supported the 3in1 slot 2 card so both of these cards fit the bill. In the end I bought both cards. After playing around with them, I really can't find anything bad about either card. The CycloDS has the real time save and load feature which is awesome. Both cards load very quickly and I haven't found a game that either card won't load. From a noobs prospective, I would say you can't go wrong with either card. I have no interest in purchasing a DSi, so that was not an issue with my choice. I purchased my AK2i and 3in1 from Leetmod.com and recieved in 4 days. I ordered my CycloDS from realhotstuff.com and got it in 2 days. If you have the money and do not care if the card will work with DSi, go with the CycloDS. If you need a inexpensive card that works really well, go with the AK2i.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dday3212 said:
to all u cyclo users, im coming from an m3 real and was wondering if playing gba games on a cyclo is a hassle or is it just as easy as the M3. also is the system interface of the cyclo as good as sakura?

No hassle. You can run GBA games straight from Cyclo's UI.

As for the UI itself, I don't like Sakura, but definitely like the Cyclo one. May be a matter of taste, but the Cyclo one is very easy to use and fast.

dday3212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks. im thinkin about gettin a cyclo only cuz im bored with my m3. hopefully my gba expansion pack works with cyclo, i heard it does. one final question, will my saves from my ds games be able to be imported to the cyclo from the real? i don't want to lose my save data if the file isn't compatible

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
dday3212 said:
ok thanks. im thinkin about gettin a cyclo only cuz im bored with my m3. hopefully my gba expansion pack works with cyclo, i heard it does. one final question, will my saves from my ds games be able to be imported to the cyclo from the real? i don't want to lose my save data if the file isn't compatible
Based on this thread: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11187 I'd say that you have to use GBA ExpLoader with your gba expansion pack.

leedslad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all, i currently have a DS Lite and an M3 Real cartridge, but i am wanting to get a flashcard just to transfer my Pokemon to Battle Revolution on the Wii. im wanting the cheapest card that has the compatability to connect to the Wii and do this, which would you suggest?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
leedslad said:
hi all, i currently have a DS Lite and an M3 Real cartridge, but i am wanting to get a flashcard just to transfer my Pokemon to Battle Revolution on the Wii. im wanting the cheapest card that has the compatability to connect to the Wii and do this, which would you suggest?

The AK2i can do what you exactly what you want with the latest AKAIO firmware.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no difference apart from DSi compatability but I'd reccomend the AK2i over the AK2.1 as there's a bad batch of the latter which doesn't run the latest firmware. essentially It's just playing it safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3