Hacking Prepare for the next wave of R4 Users..

Xeronage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A dutch TV program called "Kassa" did an extensive report on Modchips (X360/PS2) and Flashcarts.

The worst part is that they hired a 10 year old boy to show them how to use a Flashcart. He promptly pulled out his R4 and went on chatting he got it off the internet ('Marktplaats'(Dutch eBay-clone)), how it was so easy to use, how it uses MicroSD and so on..(They even listed the countless sellers on the internet that have them!) Ofcourse, they didn't forget to say it was flatout illegal to use according to dutch law (Unlike Modchips which ARE legal unless used for illegal games)

Saying it is illegal, won't stop the 100.000 people who saw this broadcast to hop onto 'Marktplaats' and look for the R4.

My warning: The next month might bring a lot of dutch little kids or parents interested in flashcarts...(Lo and behold..R4 sales will rise even further)

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't look at it as a bad thing. If people keep buying the R4 because of name rocognition it forces the other carts to be more innovative and inexpensive to compete.
smile.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk3tch said:
I don't look at it as a bad thing. If people keep buying the R4 because of name rocognition it forces the other carts to be more innovative and inexpensive to compete.
smile.gif
Its a bad thing for us.

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
sk3tch said:
smile.gif
Its a bad thing for us.

True. Just imagine all of the "Halp! Mah R4 isnt workin!!!" topics, flooding the forums.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus, if you mention on negative thing about the R4 (which happen to be true), you get these angry responses like you've insulted their girlfriend or something!

Xeronage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The whole point of this warning is so everyone can prepare for the "Hlpz my 1337 R4 not work" in dutch-like english,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Judging by IRC conversations, flags around here, usenet posts, a few choice reverse DNS enquiries, actually being in Holland for a while...... I would say the Dutch are already well versed in such matters.

Thankfully it is soon to be the summer drought and I am not aware of anything massive coming our way.
Edit: spoke too soon. Final Fantasy CC is heading for the Wii. (Atlus are also doing their best but as nice as they are they do not tend to overload servers).

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
Xeronage said:
A dutch TV program called "Kassa" did an extensive report on Modchips (X360/PS2) and Flashcarts.

I remember Kassa well from their report on the Xbox 360's Crap Samsung drive that ruins discs over time whenever you use them for gaming sessions and keep them in their case after finished gaming, their pretty crap.

but anyway if their saying we should not use flashcards STUFF THEM!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There's nothing bad, R4 is a great cart, but it's dated, and there are better (newer) carts for same price, or even less money!!
This forum likes new stuff, and is "bothered" with many people who register only to ask "Halp! Mah R4 isnt workin!!!", that don't contribute to the scene, and only create a mess on boards with questions 1000 times asked, and answered, simply because they saw it on TV and knows nothing about it, but are lazy to do some research on their own!!

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The R4 isn't really a bad cart in itself, but it is well and truely dated. The interface has been surpassed by basically everything else out there, and there are probably cheaper, better alternatives out there.

Most people only get R4s becuase "all of their friends have it" and don't know any better.

I seriously bet that theres going so many "mah R4 ain't workin whaaaat" threads soon...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs