Priiloader vWii Compatibility?

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question: Does Priiloader now work on WIIU??
https://github.com/DacoTaco/priiloader/releases/

Priiloader 0.8.2

v0.8.2 : Why wont you let me die
refuse installation on WiiU(vWii)

I have heard this rumor on wiiu
http://www.logic-sunrise.com/news-1164492-wiiwiiuwii-mini-priiloader-v0100-beta-2-disponible.html
=> French side says it would work on wiiu

0.10.0-beta2

New Features​

• Add ability to load Wii and gamecube discs
    • this ignores region of the discs
    • this also does not apply any hacks
  • Add setting to prioritize USB access over SD
  • Priiloader can now drown your plants
  • Added Support for System Menu 1.0
  • Show Priiloader after installation
    • Priiloader will launch when booting System Menu
  • Added new hacks
    • Block disc autoboot
    • Remove Deflicker
  • Refactor device access
    • Priiloader no longer waits for the usb drive to respond when mounting

Fixes & Improvements​

• Fix launching channels from another region
    • this only applies to channels launched by priiloader
  • Refactor the region free hacks on SM < 4.3
  • Fix Online updates after my host broke it (again)
  • Correctly check for the gamecube shutdown flag
  • Fix clearing bss section with .elf files
  • Fix typo in installer
  • Fix launching SM on IOS < 28
  • Fix dvd active check
  • Refactor meta.xml parsing
  • Refactor versioning in priiloader

Some other (OLD) rumors say it will Brick your wiiu...
Which is true? Anybody would know?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
0.8.2 detects if you try to install it on a WiiU and "refuse installation on WiiU(vWii)", to prevent bricking.
and
0.9. updated the vWii detection code inside the installer to detect differently if you try to install on a vWii and protect you even better by still refusing to do any edit to the console.

Some other (OLD) rumors say it will Brick your wiiu...
Which is true? Anybody would know?
Yes, it's true, if you try to install any version NOT detecting the console type and you run it on a console it's not designed for, it will damage it.
That's why there are these checks now on newer versions, because people don't read readmes and don't follow directions. Devs have to take that in account when releasing a program.

You asked, that's good ! You did half the step to safety :)
Some users don't even do that and run random apps without knowing what they are doing.

Last edited by Cyan,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. Still doesn't work. And it probably never will.
It’s unfortunate, Peiiloader unlocks locked save files and allows you to move installed wiiware data to the SD and copy it back to the main menu when you want, I just wish for an alternative software that can do that on vWii.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
It’s unfortunate, Peiiloader unlocks locked save files and allows you to move installed wiiware data to the SD and copy it back to the main menu when you want, I just wish for an alternative software that can do that on vWii.
Erm...savemii can dump your saves from your vwii (for the case they didn't patch that out in the fork). And wiiware can be directly installed via wad2bin. With other words said, there is no reason to install the wiiware to the nand first and then moving it to the sd. The method with wad2bin is much much faster.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Erm...savemii can dump your saves from your vwii (for the case they didn't patch that out in the fork). And wiiware can be directly installed via wad2bin. With other words said, there is no reason to install the wiiware to the nand first and then moving it to the sd. The method with wad2bin is much much faster.
I didn’t know about wad2bin, so how do I use it, do I convert each wad to bin then copy directly to the SD private folder and it’ll appear in the wiiware menu where I can just run it from there?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I didn’t know aboit wad to bin, so how do I use it, do I convert each wad to bin then copy directly to the SD private folder and it’ll appear in the wiiware menu where I can just run it from there?
Click on the link and download it. It is a .exe. Means you have to use it with windows obviously. There is a readme...

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Click on the link and download it. It is a .exe. Means you have to use it with windows obviously. There is a readme...
I just read through seems like I need to install different environments I have a bad feeling my computer will not be compatible I’ll have to test later to be sure but it’s more than likely not compatible.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What I'd like to do on my side, is REMOVE the NAG Screen of the vwii.......it was possible with priiloader on wii, and no one ever managed to do it on wiiU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/KNK-tmMz618?si=VVOTBoAb4hdDI7X2