"TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist" for the SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive gets a brand new DX romhack with new features

2249titlescreen.png

The romhacking community is always a source for new ways to play retro games, from completely new levels or stages, characters, quality of life improvements, to flat out entirely new games based on the original game's engine.

Romhacker BillyTime!Games is one such person to give older games a great amount of quality of life additions and new features to completely revitalize the original games, with one such example being his Ghostbusters: Special Edition project, which is a romhack for the original Ghostbusters game released for the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive, and adds new playable characters and modes.

Similar to his Ghostbusters project, Billy has worked on another beloved titles from the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive catalogue, with his latest romhack being for the exclusive beat-em up game based on the TMNT franchise, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist DX".

This brand-new romhack adds a surplus of new features, like an extra difficulty setting, difficulty randomizer, survival mode, alternate Turtle colours and SRAM score saving.

The full list of new features that this romhack features is the following:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist DX changelog said:
This patch adds several addition features to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Hyperstone Heist for Sega Genesis.
Features:
  • Super Difficulty (Selected within the options menu.)
  • Difficulty Randomizer (Selected within the options menu.)
  • Survival Mode (Hold B when selecting One or Two players, continue to hold until the character select screen appears.)
  • Classic Mirage Comics colors (Selected within the options menu.)
Hi-Score SRAM
  • Saving:
Scores save after Game Over and player returns to the sega logo.
  • Loading:
Scores load upon boot. If checksum fails or it is your first time booting, default scores are loaded.
Further details and patching instructions can be found in the readme.

Those interesting in trying out this romhack, remember to use your own dumped ROM image of the original "TMNT: Hyperstone Heist" game for the Genesis / Mega Drive, and patch in the IPS file of the romhack into your ROM file to be able to play it.

:arrow: BillyTime!Games profile on X
:arrow: TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist DX at Romhacking.net
:arrow: TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist DX at Romhacks.org

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I saw also a hack that aloows to hotswap turtles/weapons. If they would add this feature too it would be an ultimate version

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, that reminded me that Sonic Lost World had a run button rather than Sonic just running by himself.

Speaking of which, SLW was a good game, just misunderstood.

/ot
there might be an option for d-pad dash with thie hack but i know in the oringal game there is a run button i have to check this out when i have the chance.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Speaking of which, SLW was a good game

Problem was, it didn't really play like a Sonic game. And in the 3DS version, that's the one most people played, the stages took way fucking long to clear. I have beaten Sonic Spinball faster that it takes to beat some stages in the 3DS version and by that I meant the whole freaking game.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those interesting in trying out this romhack, remember to use your own dumped ROM image of the original "TMNT: Hyperstone Heist" game for the Genesis / Mega Drive, and patch in the IPS file of the romhack into your ROM file to be able to play it.
Should I ask a lawyer if is okay to buy the TMNT COWABUNGA COLLECTION and then use them rom from there? :P

• Haha
Reactions: DS1

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Problem was, it didn't really play like a Sonic game. And in the 3DS version, that's the one most people played, the stages took way fucking long to clear. I have beaten Sonic Spinball faster that it takes to beat some stages in the 3DS version and by that I meant the whole freaking game.
I thought most people played the wii u and PC versions

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty good from the screenshots. I may have to give this a whirl after I wake up a little later. It's pretty late at the moment and I still haven't went to bed yet...

Last edited by urbanman2004,

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Huh, that reminded me that Sonic Lost World had a run button rather than Sonic just running by himself.

Speaking of which, SLW was a good game, just misunderstood.

/ot
Something curious about this is that you are actually supposed to be spin dashing most of the time, which the makes the pacing of the game considerable faster, but most people simply don't know how to properly use spin dash in Lost World. I'm not sure if it s because game does a poor job at explaining it or if it is because they simply skipped the brief explanation in the first level.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Might get this instead of the Pi 5.... lol Batocera is working on full support the beta's kinda...