Hacking problem running the USB Loader GX

neofranky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
when I load the forwarder of the Loader, whith the hard drive connected, the screen goes black and the message reads: "Exception (ISI) occured" and a bunch of characters come down.....
I am clueless about what I did wrong or how to fix it.

the external harddrive is formated to WBFS using the manager, it has 2 games in it....

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Disconnect the drive. Run GX, then plug it in when it displays "Waiting for your slow USB device". See if it loads.

Some drives do that...my friend had a WD MyBook (he returned it and got a Seagate) that was doing this.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What brand drive is it? Is it Western Digital by chance?

As for installing a backup loader, just copy neogamma or another loader to the SD. It will use the same cIOS as the USB Loader.

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does USB loader GX work just from running it through HBC? The channel forwarder only puts the channel on the Wii Menu but loads the actual program from the APPS folder on your SD card. (Plus, I think the folder has to be named specifically to what the forwarder is looking for or it won't work)

BTW, I don't think you are screwed. If you can boot the system menu, HBC, and all your channels work, I think you'll be fine.

neofranky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
techboy said:
What brand drive is it? Is it Western Digital by chance?

As for installing a backup loader, just copy neogamma or another loader to the SD. It will use the same cIOS as the USB Loader.

It's a Toshiba, I did some research and it seems that it's because of that.....

I'm gonna try on neogamma though..

FISHERMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
seems we have thesame problem...the new update screwed it...from yesterday i face weird problems. try downgrading gx to previous versions. it worked for me.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The newer GX's are indeed buggy. They don't seem to do much anymore except add bugs to an already working app. I'm considering ditching GX now.

I had rev862, and updated to 875. Ended up going back. I have a USB->IDE case from iRocks with a 40GB drive (it was the right price, from a scrapped PC) in it. Works fine with old GX's.

Also, newer model WD MyBooks (especially the 1.5TB units), some Toshibas, and a few Insignia (Best Buy house brand) drives don't work with loaders at all. A friend of mine got the MyBook for xmas, and it refused to even format to WBFS via PC or loader. Loaders wouldn't run games via NTFS/FAT support either on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3