Hardware Problem with D2Pro9 + Wii-Clip V4C - solid red light

ringorinfret

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

just received my chip and I am installing it to my D2E drive. I get a solid red light on the chip and the drive won't spin. I tried taking it out and putting it back in, sometimes the blue light flashes but when the drive is working , the chip is not functionning as my backup is not readable (i know it works because i use it on wiigator's loader).

The CLK jumper is soldered, should I unsolder it ? Could my pins be bent under the wii-clip? (doesnt look like it)

thanks!

(bought at modchipcentral)

Please help, bought the soldered chip because I dont want to do it (no experience). I was hoping this would work out of the box but of course it doesnt... Should I just ask for a professionnal to unsolder the chip from the clip and solder it on the wii? I'm afraid it won't work either and my wii could get damaged... i hope I havent wasted 100$ on this..

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you pressed the clip firmly on the D2E-chip and it doesn't work, either your chip or Wii-Clip are broken. Ask for a refund or new bundle from modchipcentral.

ringorinfret

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
If you pressed the clip firmly on the D2E-chip and it doesn't work, either your chip or Wii-Clip are broken. Ask for a refund or new bundle from modchipcentral.

I pressed firmly enough. Does anyone else had this problem ? The d2pro site is not very helpful. I thought this would be easy but find out its a nightmare, even the Y screwdriver is "easting" the screws, I dont want to open and close the case too often in fear of not being able to screw it together anymore

thanks for any help you can provide

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like I said your chip or your Clip are broken, get a refund or a replacement. Nobody here will be able to magically fix your chip.
I haven't got my wizzarding degree yet.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PiiXM51oBo