Hacking Problems with RB2 DLC and SD card

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just curious if anyone can help me with this without me having to backup everything and then do a NAND restore.

I believe this all ended up happening either after installing RawkSD or after getting things back to normal after testing Freedom. I used to have no trouble with Rock Band 2 DLC with my retail disc that I always use. Of course, I would be very disappointed to lose my songs, since I have quite a few of them.

Now the trouble is that when I download songs now, it saves it to the NAND, and says that it is doing the Backup Content, says it does it successfully, but doesn't removed it from the NAND, obviously taking up lots of space. Also, many of the songs that previously worked from the SD now say they are out of date.

I have SM 4.1U, rev 14, HBC, works for pretty much anything I want it to. Also, I have the RawkSD IOS37 installed too.

Any ideas?

Thanks

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
were you formerly loading the game from a disc and now loading it through a loader? or the other way around? the encryption is different between the two methods and the dlc isnt interchangeably playable, sadly - stick with whatever method you originally purchased/downloaded the songs and it should work as expected.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did try it with a USB loader once, but it was with a different SD card. The DLC on this 2gb SD was only ever downloaded with the retail disc. I have not found that downloading new stuff helps anything. It just builds up in the NAND, and then I'm in trouble again.

Unless there is another option, I'm just going to make sure all my save files are backed up (I don't want to lose my DLC tickets) and then restore my NAND with BootMii.

I really hope there is a better way, because I think it would take a while to do all that. I have accepted that I'll need to re-download the out-of-date stuff, though.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will I play from disc channel, have used rawksd patcher and my dlc stores correctly.
Maybe it is something from installing/uninstalling freedom. Before you installed freedom
did you back up your private folder? If you are playing from disc channel you should only have
one dlc save for each generation of dlc. Each of those saves should only be 1 block of memory.
If you have a back up try deleting all the rb dlc saves from your wii or move them to your sd card.
Then move the files from your back up to an sd card then to the wii memory. If your getting the out of
date error then you are missing the info from the tmd file or ticket.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a feeling my problems stem from getting rid of Freedom. I think I should have just used AnyRegionChanger to install 3.2 or something, then upgrade to 4.1 again. What I did was install the SM4.1U wad that I got using NUS Downloader.

I guess that probably wasn't the way to go. I didn't backup the /private folder before Freedom. I am curious if downgrading/upgrading will fix the problem.

I have 3 DLC save files in the NAND, but they are certainly not just 1 block. One was as big as 800 blocks. For the time being, I have moved them to the SD card using Data Management, and then I will back that up on my computer. I'll see if I can then download them and it will work.

As I mentioned as my other option, I will back everything up, restore the NAND, then copy the RB2 save file back(not the DLC) and then redownload. I guess that might be the time to grab a 4gb SD and have a little more space.

Do you figure that the downgrade/upgrade would work? Any other ideas without doing the NAND restore?

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't know what freedom does to the wii system, but I bet that is the culprit.
If you didn't back up prior, I think your best bet is to restore your nand and redownload
all of your purchased dlc. You know that the rb2 dlc is hacked now don't you. You can have
all of the dlc now.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll have to try that, I guess.

I know that the DLC is hacked, but I'm at a place in my life now that I can actually afford to support the artists that I like, so as much as it is a little expensive, I hope my favorite artists get a little slice from my enjoyment. If fo some reason, I lose everything, I may have no choice, and I won't really feel bad about it, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Just to make sure, which save file has the tickets to be able to redownload. Is it the main RB2 file, or is some saved in each of the DLC files too. Once I do a NAND restore, which should I have to copy back to the NAND to be able to get the songs back since I have bought new things since the NAND backup.

Thanks

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a ticket in each of the 3 DLC save files, if you have downloaded songs from each generation of dlc. You can check how many gens you have downloaded from by looking in the private folder. There will be a separate folder for each gen - sZAE, sZBE, sZCE.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since I have moved the DLC files manually to the SD card using Data Management, will they be there in game? Then maybe if I just update the songs that don't work, I'll be good?

I'm assuming that this will be after I NAND restore, since it looks like Freedom screwed me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious