PS1/2 PS2 with Chip

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got a little Problem. I have a PS2 with a Matrix Infinity chip. When I turn the PS2 on it automatically boots the chip menu.

Now my problem is, that my memorycard is full and I need to erase some saves to make space but I have no idea how to get into the original menu, because the chip-menu is automatically booted.

I really would appreciate if someone could help me. I have a "Shadow of the Collossus"-sessions in front of me
yaynds.gif

Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Change boot mode to auto in the chips config. Should make it load original menu or if you don't feel like playing in the config , just hold start when you turn the ps2 on to disable the chip. Also if you hold X on bootup , it will ignore whatever it's set to and use auto mode as well (original system menu).

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately somehow this does not work
frown.gif

I have "auto boot" on and tried to hold start and X while pressing the power botton but the ps2 always boots the game (I`m dying to play it
tongue.gif
) or when I remove the disc it boots the chip-menu...

I`m not sure what I could do wrong
ohmy.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Strange , never come across that problem before. Just to check , you held start or X separately right?. Not both together? , as holding down start should turn off the chip
frown.gif
, I really don't know why it isn't
frown.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, I do it separately. Once I tried holding start while turning the PS2 on and once I held the X-button.

Strangely I don`t find anything on the whole web about this...
frown.gif

EDIT: I found this site http://www.mod-chip.bz/PS2/matrixreadmed.html but none of the buttons do what they are suppose to when I press them while turning the sytem on... Maybe my chip is not a Matrix Infinity?! But I was told that it is...

Maybe someone could help my, when I describe the menu: It is a blue menu with a "bm"-logo in the background. In the upper right corner there is "bm v1.7" written

The menu has the following options:
-boot media
-application browser
-memory card manager
-configurations

I hope someone could help me identify this chip
frown.gif

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not a matrix infinity. That's a crystal chip , what's coming up is the crystal chips boot manager. Under applications there should be something along the lines of ps2 browser , that will take you back to the ps2 screen. If it's not got it for some reason (should do as it's a default thing) , try taking out the memory card before booting the ps2 and it might go to sony menu (if the bm is installed to the card and not the crystal chips flash). If nothing still then you can disable the chip by tapping reset 6 times , but really shouldn't have to as somewhere in the bm should be the option to get back to the sony menu.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, that was it! I really thought it was a Matrix Infinity.

I just removed the MC and the disc and I straight got into the original menu. Thank you very much Armadillo for your help
smile.gif

Now I have some "Shadow of the Collossus"-sessions I have to catch up on
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk