Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
...And then quickly nixed by Sony.
QUOTE said:
Team ProjectXX Exploit Released for All PSP Models FW 1.00 to 6.20!
greg | May 13, 2010

Quick! Grab your PSPgo and get on PSN: you need to download Splinter Cell Essentials (EU version) right now. Or if you have the UMD that’ll work too (for non-go models).

This release comes from Dark_Kendox and FrEdDy, with a special thanks to Wololo, KiNgOfUnIvErS, psphakerwarrior, and Phantom91. Team ProjectXX kept this exploit on the d-low until some loudmouth ruined it. Now it’s likely the game will be pulled off PSN real quick, Sony will patch the exploit soon, and we’re back at square one. So do yourself a favour: don’t upgrade when Sony issues a new [useless] firmware update. With HBL in the works this exploit may serve a useful purpose for those currently running an unhackable PSP.
Source

Sony took Splinter Cell Essentials off of the PSN, so if you own a PSP Go and you don't already own a copy of the game, you're out of luck.

There's no homebrew out (yet?) that takes advantage of this exploit anyway.

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like the only people that can use this now are the ones that can use UMDs. Good luck getting the UMD too, took me a few weeks to get Lumines to hack FW 3.50 back then.

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't understand the point of an Exploit being released until someone has full CFW for it. Or at least TEMP CFW. Really, it makes no sense. As soon as you release or as soon as someone leaks how to do said exploit BAM all your work is gone thanks to a simple FW update.

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
i have a UMD Reader [PSP 3000]...
and am in Canada.
where am i gonna get Splinter Cell Essentials (EUR) edition in Canada!?

Ebay or anywhere that's from Europe that ships to Canada.
Although the prices will get jacked way up. Back then, the UMDs needed for exploits were selling for up to $100 on ebay.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
Splych said:
i have a UMD Reader [PSP 3000]...
and am in Canada.
where am i gonna get Splinter Cell Essentials (EUR) edition in Canada!?

Well assuming that wasn't sarcasm... nothing is likely to come of this exploit... it will be patched in the next update so there is no point in getting the game since there is already a user mode exploit for the patapon demo or whatever it is on 6.20. Plus if it is ever developed into something of use it will probably be ported for use with the other regions of the game.

QUOTE(CrashmanX @ May 14 2010, 01:32 PM) I still don't understand the point of an Exploit being released until someone has full CFW for it. Or at least TEMP CFW. Really, it makes no sense. As soon as you release or as soon as someone leaks how to do said exploit BAM all your work is gone thanks to a simple FW update.

A permanent CFW is more a thing of the past now in my opinion since the pre-IPL of the newer system has yet to be cracked (~3 years now).
frown.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
CrashmanX said:
I still don't understand the point of an Exploit being released until someone has full CFW for it. Or at least TEMP CFW. Really, it makes no sense. As soon as you release or as soon as someone leaks how to do said exploit BAM all your work is gone thanks to a simple FW update.
Read the article.

This one wasn't supposed to be, then somebody blabbed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, whats maga?