Gaming PSP messed up? :S Brick, semibrick?

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm having problems turning my PSP on.

First the only problem I had was that I plugged it into an old laptop, now it won't start. The light blinks, but the screen won't turn on.

It also won't shut off right away, it does the blinky thing for like a good minute or two before stopping. I'm wondering if it's corrupt or something? I've tried loading while holding R, and it also won't work.

Anyway to fix this? ._.;

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't have a pandora on me, waiting for one from DealExtreme.

The only problem now (I've gotten it down to this) is that the screen won't show. The music shows fine and I can tell that it's booting up.

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Pandora via DealExtreme.

So now I 'have' to turn my current memstick into a "Magic Memstick", correct? So that I can try downgrading and then reupgrading?

If worst comes to worst, I'm fairly sure this is a defect anyway, as I've been reading up on many people having the same problem and taking it back (google), so I'll just take it back and explain what happened, elsewise I'd like to fix it before that.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
if u can still hear the music when you turn it on, is more likely that the psp's screen is dead.
or try taking the psp's battery out and then put it back in and put it on charge. then after some minutes try turn it on
p.s
how are u going to turn a normal memory sticks into magic 1 if your psp is dead?

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, someone had told me (I also frequent #ndsroms on IRC) that I could try using Pandora and "Despertar del Cementario" to fix it, or another method requiring the a memstick.

If it's for sure that the screen is dead (What I had figured, but not being so knowledgeable on the subject decided to take their advice and consider that it might just be the PSP overall) so I'll just take it back to Target with the rest of the stuff and the receipt.

The weird thing is that all I had done was plugged it into my old laptop (VERY OLD) and I would say that killed it, but it doesn't make sense to me. Then again people have reported this happening when just 'listenign to music' so it could be anything. I'm still WELL within the 90day period, so I'll try taking it back today or tuesday (Big weekend)

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, 2 things.

First of all to anyone having this problem (It seems to be a defect in a few batches or whatnot, as it RANDOMLY happens, and while googling it seems to have no actual exact reasoning, for me it was plugging it in, for another it was listening to music, and for another still it was while leaving it alone while on) you can take it back to the store and just swap it out, even if modded, they can't tell at Target/(insert franchise) so they won't question it.

I got a new one, it's working fine, and I'm about to mod it now.

One more thing, to anyone with a Sams Club membership they sell Sony MS Pro Duo (With a MS Duo adapter) for 10bucks! (2GB)
That's 1/3rd the normal price, and half the Best Buy price!

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Just wondering, which light was blinking? Green (power) or orange (MS)? I used to have a problem with a fake MS... after a game crashed (any game at all after 6 minutes) it would reboot and try to resume the crashed game off the MS, and wouldn't let me into the XMB unless I removed the MS itself (to stop the orange light from blinking). If it's the green light, then I have no idea - never encountered it.

PW1337

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a problem like yours, well, it was because the PSP was reading too much stuff from the Memory Stick(Playing Castlevanis Dracula X Chronicles(CSO)and used CW cheat, too hard to beat Dracula without cheats >_>) The game would freeze at random parts of the game and then I had to take off the battery from the PSP for it to stop, as it wouldn't turn off with the power switch. Also, the MS light would rapidly blink, as well as the Wireless light(Green next to the MS one) even though I wasn't playing on Ad-hoc.

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was the green light blinking o.o;

They gave me no problems, so I figure it was either just the screen or they were retarded, and now it's their problem ;]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious