Hacking R4 firmware deleting itself? Corrupting card? Deleting roms?

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My nephew recently got a new DS Lite, and it worked fine for about two weeks with my spare R4. Well then one day it appeared that a bunch of the firmware files vanished, and an error showed up that said no DS_Menu.dat or similar. So I checked and Fossil Fighters and nearly all the firmware files were gone. So I fixed them, and put YSmenu on it.

Well now the card won't load and when I put it in a PC it says it needs reformatted. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is there anything like a child proof firmware/option for the R4 in case he is just deleting them somehow?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like the microSD is bad. Try a different microSD card in it and see if the problem goes away.

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard that there was a rom that did this as an anit-piracy measure. Is this true? Or is it ysmenu that does it to prevent it from being used on other cards?

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've had the same problem, but only for about 3 times. I didn't use YSmenu or anything else. I remember, that i was running a homebrew (DSMaps) and it ran out of memory on my card. Then it started making weird folders and deleting all my games and video's. Try leaving some space open on your card, say 50MB or so. That at least fixed the problem for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?