Hacking R4 Or AceKard2?

CodeEight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.. recently i bought i a acekard2i and because i sold my r4 to a friend thinking that the acekard WOULD be way better.
Found out..
1) Does not have a convenient buttons such as the R4 in the beginning screen.
2) The ak firmware 4.17/15 is not compatible with Moonshell2 EDIT*(works but i gotta go through moonshell to create a sav file before i could play new games with AKAIO normally)
3)

R4 Cons..
1) Does not have better wallpapers/themes
2) Too many clones of it
3) Is not supported anymore
4)

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The AK2i is better than the R4. Use AKAIO instead of the official firmware...it's much better. Come back after trying it out. The R4 never gets updates, and AKAIO is being actively developed.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Second trying AKAIO. After trying it out you won't regret giving up your R4. I should know, I used to have one.
wink.gif

You'll find many games just no longer work on the R4 due to new protections, some can work with a patch, but it's not ideal.

CodeEight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i have tried the newest AKAIO and its still not compatible with moonshell. Actually is.. but when i get moonshell2 to work, the games get stuck at "LOADING", And yes i've USED the search button.

I know that they stopped updating for R4.. but theres still other people out there that makes unofficial updates. As long as R4 is compatible with all games, i would think it is the better pick.

And no, i am not trying to be sarcastic with the cons for R4, i dont see why people would choose acekard2 over the R4 other than it constantly updates its firmware.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CodeEight said:
well i have tried the newest AKAIO and its still not compatible with moonshell. Actually is.. but when i get moonshell2 to work, the games get stuck at "LOADING", And yes i've USED the search button.

I know that they stopped updating for R4.. but theres still other people out there that makes unofficial updates. As long as R4 is compatible with all games, i would think it is the better pick.

And no, i am not trying to be sarcastic with the cons for R4, i dont see why people would choose acekard2 over the R4 other than it constantly updates its firmware.

Wait, what? Did you just say you're trying to boot games with moonshell? You can't do that.

Also, chances are that if you update the loaders, it'll fix all your problems.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CodeEight said:

Wait.. what.. you're using moonshell to load your roms?
blink.gif

I don't use moonshell really, but I figured it was simply for media files, pictures, that sort of thing. What's wrong with using AKAIO for your rom loading.

You will find more and more games need hacks to work on the R4. Sometimes you can be waiting quite awhile for that. I seriously can't believe you didn't list that as a con.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Grab some newer loaders. If you can't soft reset when you get the 6/1 loaders go search the forums. http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/

I really hope you are sarcastic about no convient buttons. That is useless because for god damn sake all it does is bring you to a file browser or moonshell. Now is it that hard to navigate to the file and select it. Oh and the R4 isn't compatible with all games so yeah ....

4.17 not working with the ak2i yeah right .... only way possible for that is you got a clone or a mislabeled acekard.

@Depravo: He shoulda read your sig, the bottom part.

CodeEight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am not using moonshell to boot my games... i jus want them both working. Whenever i get moonshell2.02 working on my acekard2i, my games wont boot using AKAIO. it always gets stuck on the "LOADING" part...

for the rest of you, thanks for trying to help me. ill probably try to get new loaders and see if that works out.

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, yeah...my fault. Long day and didn't read much past the title. After seeing threads about people getting R4's, it kinda becomes second nature.

Relax, you'll live longer.
yay.gif

CodeEight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay mybad too.

Anyways.. back to R4 vs Acekard2/i. can you guys post the Pros and Cons of R4/Acekard, so i could see which flashcart would be the better pick?

I also havent tried the new AKAIO loader since its really dark right now. Hopefully it works tomorrow when i try it... thanks again.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
r4 is a dead product.. so the answer is pretty clear right?

ak + official firmware
it almost as bad as r4 but is not DEAD

ak + akaio would be the best
based on compatiblity, fixes, support, GUI

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CodeEight said:

R4's are fakes/clones. Only people who don't know what they're doing will buy R4's. There are plenty of "which card is best" threads in the forum. I suggest you do a search instead of starting another one.

Moonshell2 works fine with AKAIO (i'm using it right now and still can load games). Installing moonshell will NOT affect AKAIO in any way unless you did it incorrectly. Read the instructions in the readme for moonshell.

CodeEight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell does work with roms now but, in order to not get stuck at "LOADING" i first have to go through moonshell to create a .sav file for all my games before i can use AKAIO to boot my games normally. i could bare with it but its jus annoying that everytime i wanna play a new game i gota go through MOONSHELL.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CodeEight said:
Moonshell does work with roms now but, in order to not get stuck at "LOADING" i first have to go through moonshell to create a .sav file for all my games before i can use AKAIO to boot my games normally. i could bare with it but its jus annoying that everytime i wanna play a new game i gota go through MOONSHELL.

You're obviously doing something wrong. I first suggest you read the AKAIO wiki in full.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CodeEight said:
You don't need moonshell to do anything. Moonshell is simply a media player and homebrew launcher. And yeah, you should really read the wiki.

CodeEight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe if u guys actually saw what my moonshell is doing you guys wouldnt be telling me to read the wiki.. I have read it. and I also know moonshell is jus a homebrew media player, im jus telling you guys what im experiencing with my acekard

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CodeEight said:
maybe if u guys actually saw what my moonshell is doing you guys wouldnt be telling me to read the wiki.. I have read it. and I also know moonshell is jus a homebrew media player, im jus telling you guys what im experiencing with my acekard
...okay then, what's moonshell doing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk