Hacking R4 Pokemon Pearl/Diamond trouble.

steckel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried multiple pokemon diamond/pearl roms on both a sandisk and kingston 1gb micro sd card formated both FAT and FAT 32 on my R4. I can load up each game and tell the pokemon proffesor my name and that i am a boy. Once I am in the game and I go to the save menu it locks up. "Saving a lot of data... Don't turn off the power." will be on the screen along with the music playing in the background for well over 10minutes until i get stressed enough to try and find a "better" rom. Did all of you just load of your roms and it worked perfectly or am I missing a valuable step?

Xenophobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I loaded my rom and it worked perfectly.

So did my actual copy, but that's beside the point.

Have you tried getting a premade save and using that? If you don't want to use someone else's game, then just start a new game.

steckel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havn't yet. I have only been able to find savs for things like no$gba. Have an idea where to find one for the R4?

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a m3dss .sav file i could upload if you want it if nobody offers up a r4
i could even take my .sav file off and if you give me the details you want like the sex of the person their name and the name of your friend i could input those details start off a new .sav file for you and upload that.
i've used 2 sandisk files and haven't had a single issue with it.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
the rared/zipped size is irrelevant as different levels of compression and different programs can be used to compress the file.

whats important is the CRC of the clean rom (can't be bothered to check right now) and for reference the clean dump is 64 megabytes and trimmed its about 50 something.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have the original Legacy ROM which came out the day Legacy dumped it. It works perfectly. I don't know if there are other groups (maybe fake types with wrong CRCs) dumping them still, but try to get Legacy's dump and see if it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3