Hacking RE4 NTSC (GC) Without starting with Patched MIOS?

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
OP
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to load up the NTSC version of RE4 (GC) without starting with Patched MIOS on the GC Backup Launcher 0.2? I'm on a NTSC wii, not really sure what the sys menu is, but I haven't done an official update since 3.2 came out.

I'm trying to get ARMax Codes on it, but because I'm using 0.2, and there's that B&W scrolling problem on NTSC TVs, It gets rid of the option to Start with Patched MIOS after I switch discs.

So, Heres what I have to do to start RE4 with GCBL 0.2:
Put in actual NTSC Disc so GCBL doesn't get all scrolling/B&W on me.
Switch to my Multigame ISO (RE4 disc 1, RE4 disc 2, ARMax)
Go to 1st disc, and Then I'm stuck Because the only option that works to load up the game is through Patched MIOS.

I can load it up fine in v0.1, but it doesn't have ARMax Support.

So, Once again, the question is this:
Can you load up RE4 NTSC without Starting with Patched MIOS?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Get the Wii version?

Sorry, but if you really need patched MIOS to start, then it won't work with Action Replay. Can you please install cIOS56rev20 + the 'new' cMIOS from the NeoGamma R9 beta thread, there's a tiny tiny chance this would help. Action Replay support should be fixed now in NeoGamma, but even if the game would boot from NeoGamma(without patched MIOS), that wouldn't mean NeoGamma + AR would work. Action Replay has its own game loader, and anything that is used before is irrelevant then. So the chance is high that if the game doesn't work via AR in WiiGator's loader, it won't work via AR in NeoGamma either.

If you get to know why it needs patched MIOS to boot, then it might be possible to hack something for the game, but right now i would say it looks bad.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
OP
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ritsuki said:
+1 for getting Wii version. Best version ever (all the bonuses and awesome controls and immersion)
I want to get the wii version, but finding it is a pain in the A$$, I've looked everywhere and all I find is wrong turns and dead links
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage