Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what are those FPS games that you just have to have ?
so far , the FPS games that I have are Bad Company 2, CoD4 and MW2. i am considering whether or not i should buy CoD4 though it is still $30 so it isn't in my favor. i doubt it'll be at a point where it will be $20 , but i can wait.

any FPS is good . whether it be new or old . particularly , i saw Unreal Tournament III and i thought it was pretty cool so i might be buying that.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Splych said:
what are those FPS games that you just have to have ?
so far , the FPS games that I have are Bad Company 2, CoD4 and MW2. i am considering whether or not i should buy CoD4 though it is still $30 so it isn't in my favor. i doubt it'll be at a point where it will be $20 , but i can wait.

any FPS is good . whether it be new or old . particularly , i saw Unreal Tournament III and i thought it was pretty cool so i might be buying that.
Do you mean you're thinking of getting Black Ops?

And yeah, UT3 is pretty fun especially if you get a load of mods on it. Personally my favorite FPS franchise, even though I suck at FPS games.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Warsow for it's race mode.

(Actual map starts at 0:50.)

You don't race against others directly, but timed. Warsow has additional tricks, like letting you bunnyhop easily, and dash, and walljump. You use these tricks to build up speed get through a race map as quickly as you can. It's actually a great experience moving so fast and flying through the air, even if it's just a videogame.

And of course it's got your standard deathmatch modes and capture the flag and all that jazz... it's pretty competitive, but I just like the races.

xXxM1NG0xXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quake III, fast paced and fun to play
counter strike
half-life multiplayer
borderland, fps rpg

hmm cant really think of anymore hope i helps somewhat

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You could try Crysis if you haven't already. It goes for pretty cheap these days too.

Borderlands is also good if you don't mind the RPG element.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Battlefield 2. It actually has quite a different feel to it compared to Bad Company 2.

Arguably the best Battlefield game in the series.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
FPS you have to have?
Everyone is suggesting online FPSs, is that specifically what you're looking for?
If not,
The Half Life games.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
an fps thread and noone mentioned QUAKE yet?!
what's wrong with you people?

get quake 1,2 and 4

after that I recommend "serious sam" and "painkiller" games for some mindless fun
smile.gif

latest medal of honor is good as well.
try "singularity" also
"bulletstorm" should be released this month I believe and it looks good enough and fun so be sure to check that out as well.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you could get CoD4 freely and you could either pay for it . if you get it freely, you have limitations to what servers you can join. if you buy it , a wider selection of servers are open to you .

60FPS is a popular rate. though i wish my monitor supports 75Hz [damn you 60Hz].

Unreal Tournament III is on my list .
biggrin.gif

Warsow... is that free , a mod for another game, or do i have to pay for it o_o ?

Quake III and Warsow look similar . though i am more into the "newer" FPS games . it's a little hard to describe, but i guess the best way to say it is that i like a game that has a nice appealing look to it .

Counter Strike , maybe . i am a bit skeptical on getting that game .

Half-Life 2 Deathmatch . i have it , but meh , probably cause i haven't found enough mods to make me want to play the game .

Borderlands , played it , lasted me about a week then i got bored .

Team Fortress 2 , got it
biggrin.gif

Battlefield 2 ... I think i might wait for Battlefield 3 and see how it turns out . has anyone tried Battlefield 1943 though? it looked good , and the graphics looked nice since the maps looked bright
tongue.gif

Serious Sam, single player FPS right? Painkiller was one of the FPS games i saw but just couldn't remember . thanks !

Medal of Honor, tried beta, it was either this or Bad Company 2, and chose BC2 .

Singularity looked good actually . although it is a single player game, the environment didn't look bad , and graphics were nicee .

Bulletstorm i await the day it is released . i might get it for xbox 360, just because of the Gears of War 3 beta
tongue.gif

preferably , i'd like FPS games that have online just so that it will last me long-ish , rather than just having a single player and never playing it again .

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Splych said:
Serious Sam, single player FPS right? Painkiller was one of the FPS games i saw but just couldn't remember . thanks !

It has co-op, and you aren't playing it right if you don't have at least 7 other people playing it with you.

edit: it has deathmatch too

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pretty much any of the valve games, L4D 1 and 2 are pretty good, but can be pretty repeating...

Edit: Also Brink? not sure it's out already :/

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Deus Ex - More of a first person action/adventure than strictly a shooter
S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Interesting single player, never tried multiplayer
Unreal 2 - Generic but not unenjoyable

The Serious Sam series of games are also a good laugh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night