wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
So I copied everything from my sd to my pc, reformatted my card to Fat32 and copied everything back. Switch runs, most games run. I have some that suddenly do not run anymore. They just stay in that blackscreen with the Nintendo logo up left and the animated Switch logo down right. Is that a common issue? Should I just reinstall them or is there any other reason to that?

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like it would be expected, maybe the games contain files that are too large for fat32? Other than that, could be archive bit.

Reactions: wiewiec

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This seems like it would be expected, maybe the games contain files that are too large for fat32? Other than that, could be archive bit.
Nah, I really don't think there's single game files that are over 4gb. We would have heard of that by now given that many, many people use fat32 to avoid corruption.
Also there were no such errors or warnings when I copied everything back, so everything is there.
I tried around 15 games randomly and all of them work fine except Mario odyssey. I think there's something borked and might just end up removing it and installing it again. Bet that fixes it.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried around 15 games randomly and all of them work fine except Mario odyssey. I think there's something borked and might just end up removing it and installing it again. Bet that fixes it.

a werid one yeah..maybe file attributes somehow changed during copy? or an attribute not copied? I recall something about the archive attribute needs to be set for the switch to 'see' split files.. maybe there is a set of files from Mario Odyssey that need the archive bit to be set as they are actually all parts of the same file?

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

if the games were too large for the file format it would have refused to copy those specific files across

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,
So I copied everything from my sd to my pc, reformatted my card to Fat32 and copied everything back. Switch runs, most games run. I have some that suddenly do not run anymore. They just stay in that blackscreen with the Nintendo logo up left and the animated Switch logo down right. Is that a common issue? Should I just reinstall them or is there any other reason to that?
Set the archive bit on on the Nintendo folder and everything in it.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reinstalled the game and it's still not working. Weird.
It just stays in that black screen with the Nintendo and Switch Logo, but also doesn't crash or freeze.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It turns out I am just stupid.
Probably first boot takes a while. Loaded into the game eventually, after half a minute or so.

Reactions: naddel81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Can't wait for the inevitable power outage where it's initially funny because I have half of my apartment on UPSes, then I realize I have literal minutes to start shutting down all of my servers.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You must be north of me, Im in Ohio.. It been storming on off all day here, coming from the north
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    just barely maybe, more so just dead east.
    I'm in NJ
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is weird looking at the radar, it is making a circle
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa well, starting with, idk which emulator should i use for switch, i got a gtx 1650, do you know which one would it better for my pc?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not as important as a good CPU. I don't use switch emulator, but many here do, and willing to help.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 do you want to chime in, don't you use yuzu or ryujinx? Which do you prefer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna I'd say try them both, and see which work better for your setup, good luck, and have fun!
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i tried just yuzu so far, not even played, just open the game to see if it run
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    still waiting on my salsa lmao
    em you lied to us
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remb that song, i just never knew that was what he was talking bout.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    the backwards d looks so weird
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    like :D or D: is nowhere near as odd as ꓷ:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂