Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
Gus122000 said:
-lildeemo- said:
jaxxster said:
still tho, its kinda a pointless app.
na mate it aint... its good for japan wiis and vc wads so u may think its pointless yeh okay for you but not for others so keep opinions like that to your self
Not really. I have a JPN wii and there really is no point for me to switch the region at all. I have a freeloader and what i can't freeload i can use trucha and pretty much any wad i wanted worked fine after using freethewads. The only thing i could see this being useful for is if someone wants to buy something from a PAL/N.A. territorial area but the wii region changer can't even do that. So in other words this is a pretty pointless app
well i can load all my imports useing this dont have a modchip so i cant trucha anything, and i have updated MIOS so i cant use freeloader for gamecube, so yea its pretty usefull, your one person, loads of people find this usefull, its like saying that chipd nand replacement is useless, but no body said it was useless everyone was like WOW OMG,
Just downgrade to a lower firmware noob then use freeloader
Not only that but theres a higher chance of you bricking your wii

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering when Mercan/Bushing or someone else would bitch about this.

I'd like to say to them:
You do it better. Simple as that. If I'm not mistaken you can use this app with his downgrader app to go from JAP to USA/EUR etc. That could be pretty handy for Japanese Wii owners who don't speak Japanese.

-lildeemo-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gus122000 said:
linkinworm said:
Gus122000 said:
-lildeemo- said:
jaxxster said:
na mate it aint... its good for japan wiis and vc wads so u may think its pointless yeh okay for you but not for others so keep opinions like that to your self
Not really. I have a JPN wii and there really is no point for me to switch the region at all. I have a freeloader and what i can't freeload i can use trucha and pretty much any wad i wanted worked fine after using freethewads. The only thing i could see this being useful for is if someone wants to buy something from a PAL/N.A. territorial area but the wii region changer can't even do that. So in other words this is a pretty pointless app
well i can load all my imports useing this dont have a modchip so i cant trucha anything, and i have updated MIOS so i cant use freeloader for gamecube, so yea its pretty usefull, your one person, loads of people find this usefull, its like saying that chipd nand replacement is useless, but no body said it was useless everyone was like WOW OMG,
wow your a faaaaaaaaaaaag so u tell me that your dont move your wii say if you go round your friends(oooo did i pinch a nerve) for w/e reason n they say bring the wii that you can go ooo ill go here or for w/e reason you play games that are capcom and are always japanese unless you patch the language of the iso and even then sometimes doesnt work.......... can u code have you ever bought anything to the community befor you bitch get a life breath some air step out your front door and stop calling people noobs because you think you are hard

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Gus122000 said:
linkinworm said:
Gus122000 said:
-lildeemo- said:
jaxxster said:
Not only that but theres a higher chance of you bricking your wii
OMG i dont have a wii freeloader and im not buying now cos i can just change my region. and my gamecube freeloader doesnt work because its blocked from the MIOS so your the n00b.

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
-lildeemo- said:
wow your a faaaaaaaaaaaag so u tell me that your dont move your wii say if you go round your friends(oooo did i pinch a nerve) for w/e reason n they say bring the wii that you can go ooo ill go here or for w/e reason you play games that are capcom and are always japanese unless you patch the language of the iso and even then sometimes doesnt work.......... can u code have you ever bought anything to the community befor you bitch get a life breath some air step out your front door and stop calling people noobs because you think you are hard
The fuck are you talking about ? (inb4frdsrltd) You don't understand how this works. There are only a handful of games that need wglp. Please leave. It's obvious you spend a lot of time at your house since no one likes you cause you seem to be quite an angry child. Now please leave.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jesus. Let's all calm down here, people.

I think this app is useless. I don't care about whatever Waninkoko does to make sure that they're "safe" but I'm positive bushing and the Wiibrew devs could do a better job. There's FreeTheWads and GeckoOS. And the games come in your region too. As far as I'm concerned, everything Waninkoko has done, all of his apps, are worthless.

Bushing wanted to fix the DVD exploit because he, unlike most of you, is not a pirate. He doesn't want a ISO loader. So please, shut up, stop being a bitch about it and grow up.

Since Wiibrew devs won't be helping him anymore, you can stop seeing apps of any use.

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
OMG i dont have a wii freeloader and im not buying now cos i can just change my region. and my gamecube freeloader doesnt work because its blocked from the MIOS so your the n00b.
facepalm.jpg

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Gecko_Region_Free

-lildeemo-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gus122000 said:
-lildeemo- said:
The fuck are you talking about ? (inb4frdsrltd) You don't understand how this works. There are only a handful of games that need wglp. Please leave. It's obvious you spend a lot of time at your house since no one likes you cause you seem to be quite an angry child. Now please leave.
watch who call a child mate and actualy im not like you i dont sit in my house all day eating burgers getting fat and saying "snorting" your a noob"snorting" and i can be as angry as i want when talking to an ingnerant fuck like you

and ok mother fuckers can you code have you released anything.....No . until you do you have no right to bitch because everything you use has been haned to you so shut the fuck up

BotoxBetty

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the wii scene is weird, full of utter retards. I never known a scene so pathetic and retarded, the sooner Bushing and his gayboy #wiidev gang piss off the better.

MolotovC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BotoxBetty said:
Wow, the wii scene is weird, full of utter retards. I never known a scene so pathetic and retarded, the sooner Bushing and his gayboy #wiidev gang piss off the better.

Easy there, a lot of us hate bushing and the #wiidev bigheads, just keep the language down.

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Arm the Homeless said:
There's FreeTheWads and GeckoOS. And the games come in your region too. As far as I'm concerned, everything Waninkoko has done, all of his apps, are worthless.

It's thanks to Waninkoko that we have wads. Unintended, but still. He also gave us the WAD Installer. And how about the Duplicate Channel remover? Savegame extractor? Not everything is usefull, but he has done some great work.

svpe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, if "bushing and his #wiidev bigheads" would've "pissed off" you probably wouldn't have things like the Twilight Hack or the Homebrew Channel. And you don't quite seem to understand what marcan wanted to say at his EOL post - maybe because the automatic translation didn't really work out.

Bushing told him yesterday that he already achieved about 90% of this region switcher with his downgrader - all that he was still missing was the setting.txt change. He gave him ninty's plain stupid XOR obfuscation code and told him that he'd need to install a new system menu and all the default channels (news,...) from the new region.
What Wanin now did was to just release an application that just changes the settings.txt without any readme,... explaining that you'll also need to install a new system menu. If you don't do this you get a semibrick. This may not sound very bad at first but this kind of semibrick can very easily change into a fullbrick when the system menu decides that it needs to change some settings (e.g. when SYSCONF is corrupted; remember when you turned on your wii for the first time).
If he would've just included this region change stuff into his downgrader everything would've been fine - but he did not.
And that's the reason why we decided not to give any more information to wanin that may be useful for him and his new applications because -although he is a quite intelligent coder - he doesn't seem think about what consequences his release may have and we don't want even want to indirectly help to develop an application that may brick wiis.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All of his code was made by somebody else.
Either looking around in libogc or the Revolution SDK or gave to him by Wiibrew devs.

Just because he was the one to put it into a program doesn't mean he gets all the kudos.
Any one of us could've made a program out of it if we wanted to. Find the code, look on the coding help sites, and compile.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
well he gave bushing the kudos because he confirmed it working. he has never not said kudos to team twiizer, so why why start on him for releaseing something is stupid. in stead of saying "omg it bricks" why not talk to him and help him make it safer(how ever it should be safer) things like this are made all the time, just like the psp. theres always that risk, and its down to the user to know the risks

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Wan jumped the gun, and I do respect Bushing for what he has done in the past for the scene. But no, Bushing is not the one that initially found the DVD read hole, and for that he had no right to contact Ninty about it. He sold out, it's fine, people do it all the time. I merely think before he disses someone else's work now he should do something of his own. Waninkoko jumped the gun, but Bushing and Marcan are making it look like Wan is killing every Wii he comes across. So he fucked up with the Readme, someone write a better one and send it to him. This is a .NUKE - .PROPER situation which can easily be fixed so nobody else gets fucked over. I personally hae not heard of any except for people who post comments on Hackmii, and most of those fuckers can't wipe their own ass without Team Twiizers telling them how.

BTW rlw, you better check who the fuck your talking to on this forum or else take your ass back to Maxconsole/Megagames/Gamefaqs where you came from. You fuckin Troll, all you do is cut people down and insult them about questions, this is a hacking forum. It deals with installing Wad's and Backup loaders/Modchips. And insulting linkinworm by quoting his blocked comment.... Atleast he's proven he is actually part of the scene, what have you done for us? If your thinking of a witty comeback or answer, save it I wont be checking back to this topic and nobody else is going to agree with you.

blackdogassault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was really happy to change my japanese console to english. I was happy with it's price being lower than the USA one, but I felt that I somewhat messed when I started playing, thinking I should have had been less of a tightfisted person.

And I only agree in one point to this thing: Waninkoko's apps could use a little more documentation. I'm always a little in the air about what he does. I still don't know completely what the custom IOS does and what it doesn't (only installed it after the launch of the region changer).

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
rlw said:
Don't worry though, with all the people here that act like they are entitled to anything someone finds, this board is slowly falling to the level of those sites, anyway

Couldnt agree with that more.

Posts merged

QUOTE(rlw @ Jul 31 2008, 07:32 PM) Don't worry though, with all the people here that act like they are entitled to anything someone finds, this board is slowly falling to the level of those sites, anyway

Couldnt agree with that more.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BotoxBetty said:

It's too bad these threads always turn into this. If you all were not so demanding that Bushing and whoever else release their findings we'd actually have a decent forum. Instead everyone demands to know how to play free games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1