Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i send to you my save now

there is [i'm not know , to send this i'm pm message lol]

Are you certain you imported the correct save back to your game? I imported the save you linked in your post and got 999 villagers. (It started at 870 something, but gained ~129 upon opening the village).

Ricardo Toddy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
And your characters are level 28, and edea is 27? (Making sure the save I imported is correct, I have a couple dozen floating around :P)

Are you using a cia or 3ds/z version?

No i'm using 3ds rom , and my caracters all in lv 69.. , my rom not patched to online [i'm noob at insert headers on gateway lol]

I send one pic to my village

Attachments

• 20150311_152815.jpg
    20150311_152815.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 507

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i'm using 3ds rom , and my caracters all in lv 69.. , my rom not patched to online [i'm noob at insert headers on gateway lol]

I send one pic to my village

Ah. I see. The save you uploaded was not the same save your screenshot shows.

So, since you are using a 3ds save, are you aware that savedatafiler only imports to cia / eshop versions of the game, and needs you to convert to and from a 3ds sav? See this post here for how to convert to and from a 3ds to an eshop/cia format, if you don't know how already.

Ricardo Toddy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Ah. I see. The save you uploaded was not the same save your screenshot shows.

So, since you are using a 3ds save, are you aware that savedatafiler only imports to cia / eshop versions of the game, and needs you to convert to and from a 3ds sav? See this post here for how to convert to and from a 3ds to an eshop/cia format, if you don't know how already.

I need to download cia version to my bravely default? for extracting save is very simple for me, i'm just export using savedatafiller and press R+A do send to my SD

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to download cia version to my bravely default? for extracting save is very simple for me, i'm just export using savedatafiller and press R+A do send to my SD

No you can use the 3ds version. You just have to convert the .3ds save to a cia/eshop save, and then back to 3ds after editing it. Savedatafiler does not use you 3ds saves. It doesn't even see them normally.

Xraider

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried using the editor and it seems to just... hang on me. Like, i don't exactly know how you programmed this, but judging from the fact that I dont get a window to pick colony#.sav and I see an eternally spinning wheel when i hover the mouse on the program, I assume that its stuck in some sort of infinite loop either looking for the file or that something else happened.

Running Windows 8.1.

Perhaps i'm in lack of some virtual c++ installs ?

I exported using savedatafilter to the eshop/cia format( i assume that having those colony0.sav, ecsv.sav etc is the eshop format, i'm quite new to this). I used the trick where you rename the .3ds save in question to 000400000FF40A00.sav as told here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

Any ideas ?

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using the editor and it seems to just... hang on me. Like, i don't exactly know how you programmed this, but judging from the fact that I dont get a window to pick colony#.sav and I see an eternally spinning wheel when i hover the mouse on the program, I assume that its stuck in some sort of infinite loop either looking for the file or that something else happened.

Running Windows 8.1.

Perhaps i'm in lack of some virtual c++ installs ?

I exported using savedatafilter to the eshop/cia format( i assume that having those colony0.sav, ecsv.sav etc is the eshop format, i'm quite new to this). I used the trick where you rename the .3ds save in question to 000400000FF40A00.sav as told here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

Any ideas ?

Yeah if I had to guess, you are missing some runtime or something, cause when you open the program, you should be able to navigate the program. It doesn't 'automatically try to open' anything, it waits for you to do things. So the issue is something being broken stopping it from starting at all.

As for which runtime you are missing... without some sort of error code it could be any of them.

and yes, colony0.sav etc... is the 'eshop' format, or at least the cia format, so as long as you see those files, you have done everything correctly. Minus boot the program. ;)

Xraider

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like i was lacking the 2013 runtimes but it didn't help me either. Just in case i tried another machine that's barely used (it does have all the c++ runtimes on it) and it doesn't work either. I did try disabling my antivirus and running in admin rights. Doesn't work either. I'm honestly stumped here

Perhaps you can just do the editing for me ? 999 villagers is all I need :D

https://www.mediafire.com/?32owg1toqjyk6e1

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like i was lacking the 2013 runtimes but it didn't help me either. Just in case i tried another machine that's barely used (it does have all the c++ runtimes on it) and it doesn't work either. I did try disabling my antivirus and running in admin rights. Doesn't work either. I'm honestly stumped here

Perhaps you can just do the editing for me ? 999 villagers is all I need :D

https://www.mediafire.com/?32owg1toqjyk6e1

Well since I can't be editing every ones save for them every time the program doesn't work ;) , I checked an old computer that has only 2 good ol 2008 redistributes installed, and the program ran. However, it did have .net framework 4.5.x installed, which you probably don't have, since the program doesn't work. Mind grabbing a copy of the 4.5.x framework and checking again?

Xraider

Trophies
XP
Country
These days .net frameworks is updated via Windows Update, so i did have the newest version.

Let me try the other PC though.

Xraider

Trophies
XP
Country
The other machine had no .net framework installed but that did not work either.

should i try a virtual machine for the lolz ?

Edit :

For the heck of it i rebooted my crappy laptop and it started to magically work.

Still baffled by why it doesnt run on my machine but whatever.

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other machine had no .net framework installed but that did not work either.

should i try a virtual machine for the lolz ?

Well, the point was to have it installed, not missing. You mentioned that you were relying on windows update, but are you actually sure you have the latest version? Windows update says I am all up to date, but I am still behind at least one version, more if you include testing versions (4.5.6 and such).

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings, and sorry to bring this up in an old area, but I have a question.

I have been out of the 3DS scene fro quite a while, and thusly have not delved into any custom firmware, roms, homebrew, etc.

My situation is as follows: On an unmodded 3DS with nothing special, I have the eshop version of Bravely Default installed. I have the save file copied to my PC from the 00040000 fc500 folder, the one that Bravely default is stored in, as that is the title ID. As you can see, I did look up information, I didn't blindly just post to get a fast answer impatiently, but in looking for how to use the save editor, I came across MANY terms I have no idea about. Mainly cart1, cart2,cia, cfw, and so on. Quite simply, all I wish to know is how to mod, transfer, edit, or whatever the save file that I have and be able to use it with this save editor. Remember, I have an unmodded, no custom 3DS. I am willing to take simple steps to perhaps install something to decrypt the save file? I just don't wish to have to downgrade, install custom firmware, rollback, or do numerous specific and complicated tasks.

I apologize for the questions, and thank you in advance for any help that is offered.

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have some sort of mod running, i.e rxtools, gateway, ironhax( i think this one works?), etc, you will not be able to use this, or any other, save editors, as you need to decrypt them. Usually with savedatafiler. (SDF doesn't necessarily decrypt so much as give you the save in a use-able format, but the end result is the same) I don't think you need to go full CFW to do this, but you do need some level of hax going on. I'm not sure what file you copied, or from where, but unless you decrypted it first, its almost certainly useless.

Edit: There are also the browser AR code editors, but that counts as 'some level of hax'.

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. So some good and bad news. I don't mind using some form of hacks, I just don't want to erase/format my DS to install some new firmware, or spend 60+ dollars on a gateway flash card (I am extremely poor at the moment). So if there is some workaround, I would be incredibly appreciative if you let me know. As I said, if it's easy, and doesn't involve wiping anything, reinstalling firmware and so on, I don't mind downloading a hack, using a workaround, or some form of web editor at all.

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what options are available to you is entirely dependent on what firmware version you are on. If you are too high, your options become extremely limited.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok