• Likes 284

moonmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it not better to have a PC that can emulate multiple consoles then just having one console or lots of consoles taking space.
Personally, I prefer to have the real article due to accuracy, controllers, stability etc. Obviously I love to mess around with this sort of stuff but it's more of a proof of concept thing rather than affordability.
Sorry for those that can't afford a WiiU but I reckon the cost of a PC that runs this as well as Nintendos machine (which may never happen) is well out of your reach also.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

chriztr

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Here is hoping your rude ass gets banned
Really?!
Blowing of some steam towards kids expecting a full working emulator so they can play their games that they found on the internet and also hoping for somebody to upload the latest build without supporting the dev = ban is something that I can't wrap my head around atm.
If they really want to they should show their support by donating. If not, they should go and buy a Wii-U. Or at least read the readme-file and use the forum search button

Last edited by chriztr,

moonmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just looked it up, Wii U price in brazil is around $830, wow more than my pc lol.
Just out of interest, how much does a semi decent say i5 setup cost in Brazil that can run cemu to decent effect. Nothing too fancy. No need for 16gb ram, gtx970 etc.....

Last edited by moonmonkey,

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One thing. You can boot Mario Maker on .rpx which can be found on the code folder. Same as other Wii U games. No need to compress it to .wud unless you want to use it for your actual Wii U(cough. That's Piracy and it's illegal).

thanks i know, but i would like to have a single file still .WUD :-) i tried my mindcraft backup and it would not boot for some reason.

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just looked it up, Wii U price in brazil is around $830, wow more than my pc lol.
It's actually around $460. 1700 reais, 1 dollar = 3.7 reais, 1700/3.7=460.
Just out of interest, how much does a semi decent say i5 setup cost in Brazil that can run cemu to decent effect. Nothing too fancy. No need for 16gb ram, gtx970 etc.....
Since single core performance is what is important for Cemu right now, let's use the i3 build in my signature to simplify things. Adding a monitor, the mobo and 500GB HDD, it ends up costing $600 (which converts to 2200 reais). Here in Brazil I paid 3000 reais for it ($820).

Last edited by Double Jumper,

chriztr

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
A Wii-U with Mario Kart 8 Premium Pack cost about 2978 NOK,-.. or about 1261 BRL.. or 352 USD
MSI Z97-G43, i5-4690k, GTX 750 TI 2GB and HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz 8GB = 5496 NOK,-.. or about 2328 BRL.. or 651 USD

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
A Wii-U with Mario Kart 8 Premium Pack cost about 2978 NOK,-.. or about 1261 BRL.. or 352 USD
MSI Z97-G43, i5-4690k, GTX 750 TI 2GB and HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz 8GB = 5496 NOK,-.. or about 2328 BRL.. or 651 USD
OMG what are you 12?
1. Not everyone lives in Norway
2. A pc is something that someone probably already have.
3. A pc can be used for other things other than games. I.E work, make money buy other things etc.

How does all this affect you ? Let people do what they like. Bitching on the internet accomplishes nothing.
If you feel so strongly about it go work for SOPA, PIPA and go after pirates or red cross and help increase the quality of life in developing countries so they can afford to through money away at a multibillion dollar company instead of buying food.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
OMG what are you 12?
1. Not everyone lives in Norway
2. A pc is something that someone probably already have.
3. A pc can be used for other things other than games. I.E work, make money buy other things etc.

How does all this affect you ? Let people do what they like. Bitching on the internet accomplishes nothing.
If you feel so strongly about it go work for SOPA, PIPA and go after pirates or red cross and help increase the quality of life in developing countries so they can afford to through money away at a multibillion dollar company instead of buying food.

To not go offtopic too much;
If you're in a developing country and can't afford a certain luxury you don't have the right to steal it and/or pirate it, that's why it's called an luxury. Yes it's unfair that you were born into a (I assume) poor life but deal with it, there's always a way to succeed at making money but you don't seem to go the extra mile. So perhaps of whining about not having money, start a business or at least do something to improve your situation instead of worrying about gaming, work hard then luxuries come.

On topic again.
I'm baffled on the amount of progress we've seen so far even if it's happening behind closed doors.
What would be awesome if you could look into @Exzap would be support for Homebrew (eg building the base for an ELF loader etc) ;)

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, what is a DRM ??

Digital rights management (DRM) schemes are various access control technologies that are used to restrict usage of proprietary hardware and copyrighted works. For example, Steam uses DRM. You get a "key" added to your account when you purchase a game, and it allows you to play it from any machine you're logged in on. GOG does not use DRM, meaning their game installers can be freely shared among different people.

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
If you're in a developing country and can't afford a certain luxury you don't have the right to steal it and/or pirate it, that's why it's called an luxury. Yes it's unfair that you were born into a (I assume) poor life but deal with it, there's always a way to succeed at making money but you don't seem to go the extra mile. So perhaps of whining about not having money, start a business or at least do something to improve your situation instead of worrying about gaming, work hard then luxuries come.

On topic again.
I'm baffled on the amount of progress we've seen so far even if it's happening behind closed doors.
What would be awesome if you could look into @Exzap would be support for Homebrew (eg building the base for an ELF loader etc) ;)

Im doing quite well thank you for your concern.

So you felt the need to whine about me whining to a whiner to stop whining?
Or you assumed I was poor and decided to rub it in my face ? And all that motivational crap, looks really good in print, why dont you fly to Africa and tell it to all the starving children.

CustomEyeBrows

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I know Im new here, and Im not trying to back seat mod or anything, but the only economic issues that this forum can solve are all related to SimCity SNES (ha ha ahh ehm). Feedback about your experiences (patreon version or not) is far more helpful to other users and Team Cemu.

A few more days and 1.4.0 will be out for those who cannot afford to partake in patreon.

Speaking of feedback, is this thread/forum the place to provide feedback or is it best to use the cemu sub reddit?

Henceforth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
well yesterday i try, and try to change course of mario kart 8, from the dlc but dont work when loading the course gets and error and closed.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, want DLC working?

Not sure if cemu searches in NAND for DLC yet, but theoretically if you have DLC in the proper title setup in a aoc folder it would load.

CeW7GcPUAAAgzPt.jpg:large

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is an incredibly over-simplistic view of life and work. It's easy to think like that when you live in a country like Sweden where you can literally not do anything and still be taken care of and have all the free time and opportunities in the world to pursue what you want, but you can not at all understand what it is like to live in a third/second world country. People can work their asses off, working 7 days a week for 14 hours a day and not rise out of poverty.
For there to be super rich people, there has to be people in poverty, that is basic economics, developed countries take advantage of these poorer countries and the majority of people in those countries have very little chance of escaping their poverty short of illegally immigrating to a first world country, if they can even manage that. You also forget about what other situations they might be in, such as having to take care of disabled/injured/aging/whatever relatives which are big burdens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8