jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
You can delete sd:/wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup/50_hbl_installer.rpx, which is the module that installs HBL to Mii Maker.
OK, I've already installed tiramisu with that mosule. Do I just remove that rpx from the SD now, and then everything will be all good, or no?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
OK, I've already installed tiramisu with that mosule. Do I just remove that rpx from the SD now, and then everything will be all good, or no?
Yep, Tiramisu is entirely read off the SD card, so when you need to make changes you can add or remove them from the SD card and you're done. No need to reinstall or anything like that.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is awesome!
I want to attempt this, but I have a slight question.

I have Haxchi setup through a DS game.
Haxchi is only installed to change the DS game to boot the HBL, and that's it. I don't have CBHC.

With that said, do I need to also remove the Haxchi install in order to be able to install Tiramisu?
Or can I keep Haxchi with the DS game as HBL title and still install Tiramisu without issues?

Reactions: jeannotte

finnblue8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all:

Longtime lurker here but finally made an account to express my gratitude for this. I just got a Wii U off eBay for Christmas and put CBHC on it -- one week too early lol. The last thing I wanted to do before I was truly satisfied with my system was have a way to launch Bloopair and Padcon on boot -- for some reason I had to reference wiiu.hacks.guide today and saw it had been updated with this. I gutted my CBHC setup immediately for the module feature alone and have had no problems thus far.

The three things I wanted to contribute:

1. I would absolutely adore if someone could make an RPX for Padcon so it can be loaded on boot along with Bloopair. Padcon + Bloopair on boot would be the absolute pinnacle of Wii U modding for me. I'd even compile it myself if I knew C/C++.

2. As I believe someone previously mentioned the forwarder for USB Loader GX on the Wii U menu by cucholix is currently broken using the current stable version of Tiramisu. It fails every time I launch with error 199-9999. This forwarder worked perfectly using CBHC, and I can load into the Homebrew Launcher and launch the program it points to, "hbl2ulgx.elf", and that program runs just fine when launched through the Homebrew Launcher.

From what I can read about this error code this has to do with lacking required boot signature patches. This appears odd to me as I have "01_sigpatches.rpx" in the correct location on the SD card, and all my other Wii U menu forwarders (RetroArch/WUP Installer GX2/HBL/a Haxchi forwarder for Padcon) all work without incident using Tiramisu just as they did under CBHC. Tiramisu is set to autoboot.

3. I just installed the aforementioned Haxchi forwarder for Padcon this evening, and it works fine, but I was wondering if using Haxchi with "config.txt" modified to point to a custom ELF is not a good idea running Tiramisu. I don't believe doing this runs Haxchi, but I could very well be wrong as this is the first time I have made a forwarder using Haxchi. This setup -- Tiramisu autoboot, then manually launching Haxchi Padcon forwarder to load Padcon -- hasn't seemed to cause me any issues thus far in my 3-4 hours using Tiramisu save for one system crash launching the Padcon forwarder from the Quick Start menu while autobooting Tiramisu that hasn't happened since in repeated attempts.

Last edited by finnblue8,

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an amazing piece of software, I installed this and everything is just so much better now: the console turns on faster than it did with CBHC and with Bloopair already enabled, VC games don't crash now (they crashed when exiting if Bloopair had been accessed from the homebrew launcher channel), and it seems like Retroarch loads games much faster now, in roughly 5 seconds (with CBHC installed it also took around 5 seconds to load a rom if no HDD was connected, but it would take almost 20 seconds if a Wii U formated HDD was plugged in). Also another user pointed out that USB Loader GX forwarder didn't work anymore, but I've had no problems with it or any other forwarder or game that I had installed previous to installing Tiramisu.

Reactions: trogdon

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome!
I want to attempt this, but I have a slight question.

I have Haxchi setup through a DS game.
Haxchi is only installed to change the DS game to boot the HBL, and that's it. I don't have CBHC.

With that said, do I need to also remove the Haxchi install in order to be able to install Tiramisu?
Or can I keep Haxchi with the DS game as HBL title and still install Tiramisu without issues?

@Cyan mentioned that you can keep it without any issue, as long as you don't try to run one while the other is already active. I had CBHC and uninstalled it but still kept the DO NOT TOUCH ME channel where Haxchi is installed just in case, and have had no issues running Tiramisu.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

::Phoenix::

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
One last thing. Of all the modules, the key one (I would say): 01_sigpatches.rpx is the only one without source code (at least, I could not find it anywhere). I mean, we all trust your work and your are a very well recognized Wii U developer, but having such a module closed source (considering the level of privilege it has on the machine) is a bit uncomfortable.

Any reasons to not disclose the source? I mean, there are like 10 github projects having these patches clearly visible (iosuhax, haxchi, original mocha, and corresponding forks, including one by wiiu-env itself). Why this should be closed?

Last edited by ::Phoenix::,

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wow! I've decided to dust off my Wii U with CBHC for the NYE and, all of a sudden, there's new stuff in the hacking scene coming for the console. How cool is that? :D

Great news! A big thanks to all the devs involved in this project and @Maschell for also sharing this amazing job here! ^_^

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
One last thing. Of all the modules, the key one (I would say): 01_sigpatches.rpx is the only one without source code (at least, I could not find it anywhere). I mean, we all trust your work and your are a very well recognized Wii U developer, but having such a module closed source (considering the level of privilege it has on the machine) is a bit uncomfortable.
The sigpatches module is not part of Tiramisu, hence why you had to download it separately from the hacks guide, so you're probably asking the wrong person to release their source. You're probably also trusting the wrong person--the sigpatches.rpx is not credited to anybody.

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

::Phoenix::

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The sigpatches module is not part of Tiramisu, hence why you had to download it separately from the hacks guide, so you're probably asking the wrong person to release their source. You're probably also trusting the wrong person--the sigpatches.rpx is not credited to anybody.
Yes you are right, I might have phrased my question wrongly. Since the mocha module in tiramisu deliberately omits the sigpatches I thought this was intentional, in order to join efforts with some other dev providing the patches. Since there are not that many wii u developers nowadays, maybe Maschell could tell us where this sigpatches module is coming from/who is the author?
The hacking guide does not provide any reference for that, so I don't seen any other place where to ask about this.

Last edited by ::Phoenix::,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Just had a neat idea for a module:
A menu similar to the Rosalina Menu on Luma3DS, so that we could take screenshots among doing other things by just bringing up the little menu with a button combo (probably L/ZL + DPAD DOWN + SELECT as the default)
That would be a nice idea. There is a plugin loader (iirc from Maschell). Maybe he can make it usable as a setup module like bloopair.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Conversely, I'd say it's a definite upgrade and not a lateral move. In addition to the reduced brick risk, you also get support for modules and environments.

I might have misunderstood the intention of the question in regards to "upgrade vs lateral movement".

I thought the question was if it was an upgrade in terms of installation path... i.e. if Tiramisu would just be installed over CBHC to replace it.

Reactions: Vague Rant

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Just had a neat idea for a module:
A menu similar to the Rosalina Menu on Luma3DS, so that we could take screenshots among doing other things by just bringing up the little menu with a button combo (probably L/ZL + DPAD DOWN + SELECT as the default)

That would be a nice idea. There is a plugin loader (iirc from Maschell). Maybe he can make it usable as a setup module like bloopair.

The bad news is that this is unlikely to happen within Tiramisu. The good news is that Maschell has been working on the new Aroma environment for years and integrating the Wii U Plugin System is fundamental to that project. You can think of Tiramisu as a sort of "Aroma Lite": it's derived from the ongoing work on Aroma but without a couple of the major features that will come with "full Aroma" when it's ready. The Environment Loader which you've already got set up if you're using Tiramisu will be used to launch Aroma as well when it's ready, so it should be a pretty smooth upgrade from Tiramisu to Aroma when the time comes, and then you'll have plugin support like you're talking about here.

I might have misunderstood the intention of the question in regards to "upgrade vs lateral movement".

I thought the question was if it was an upgrade in terms of installation path... i.e. if Tiramisu would just be installed over CBHC to replace it.

Ah yep, I see where we got our wires crossed!

• Love
Reactions: BaamAlex

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
The bad news is that this is unlikely to happen within Tiramisu. The good news is that Maschell has been working on the new Aroma environment for years and integrating the Wii U Plugin System is fundamental to that project. You can think of Tiramisu as a sort of "Aroma Lite": it's derived from the ongoing work on Aroma but without a couple of the major features that will come with "full Aroma" when it's ready. The Environment Loader which you've already got set up if you're using Tiramisu will be used to launch Aroma as well when it's ready, so it should be a pretty smooth upgrade from Tiramisu to Aroma when the time comes, and then you'll have plugin support like you're talking about here.
Thanks for your explanation ;)

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Holding X in wiiuexploit.xyz after pressing the button still redirects me to the Homebrew Launcher. Is there a special payload.elf file for Tiramisu? Also, yes, i uninstalled Aroma

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt28087226/ lmao